Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 01:47 AM

30 posts, read 34,628 times

Advertisements

I’ve noticed a fair number of <$800K SFH sales in HB over the past 6 months, which surprises me because that city is fast becoming a pricey area. Does anyone know if these are all cash or mostly cash sales?

Last edited by Anafiel; 12-08-2019 at 02:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 05:13 AM

252 posts, read 422,726 times
Talk with a realtor...... as far as I know, that cash only is more than acceptable, no qualifying hassels with mortgage companies, short escrow, and move in.

A realtor can can tell you about the cash, or conventional loan types of sales. Maybe a title company agent can give you that information as well.

I do know that some Chinese buyers are coming in with all cash . As to percentages , no idea, Talk with the pros.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:19 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
$800K or around that price point is hardly a steal!

That said, even in HB, there are a few really seedy, undesirable areas so it all depends on the location.
Perhaps, also on the age, size and condition of the property.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:07 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Cash sale usually means a way lower sale price than list price. If you compare the list vs sale price it may reveal a possible cash vs loan sale.
I think I read average house price in OC is in the mid 700s. Which seems to be going rate. Although some report said that enough people are leaving that the demand for new housing is slowing. It’s still there but not as much as before. I would expect some price resistance at this price point as housing and rents have skyrocketed in the past 5 years.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:02 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,686,290 times
According to Redfin, the average home sale price in OC is $718K, and that's 2.5% higher than last year.
https://www.redfin.com/county/332/CA...housing-market

Huntington Beach, with a Redfin "Competitive Score" of 57, is said to be somewhat competitive. The $797K average sale price in Huntington Beach is 6.7% lower than last year.
https://www.redfin.com/city/9164/CA/...housing-market

Last edited by pacific2; 12-11-2019 at 09:23 AM..

Old 12-11-2019, 11:18 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,180,221 times
I have no idea why HB is so expensive it's one of my least liked cities in OC. The beach area is full of homeless, addicts, and young punks half mile in you hit nothing but housing tracks surrounded by walls and cheap old mini malls. It's not close to fwys either.

I think real estate has been flat all year because it's reached unattainable levels. I have a condo in Orange which sells for under 400k. That's the ticket! My condo has gone up 20 to 30k this year and they all sell within 2 weeks. Electrician is right about the Ca exodus too. I'm leaving next year for AZ and cutting all ties with CA. Sorry no more tax for you Newsome

Old 12-11-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I have no idea why HB is so expensive it's one of my least liked cities in OC. The beach area is full of homeless, addicts, and young punks half mile in you hit nothing but housing tracks surrounded by walls and cheap old mini malls. It's not close to fwys either.

I think real estate has been flat all year because it's reached unattainable levels. I have a condo in Orange which sells for under 400k. That's the ticket! My condo has gone up 20 to 30k this year and they all sell within 2 weeks. Electrician is right about the Ca exodus too. I'm leaving next year for AZ and cutting all ties with CA. Sorry no more tax for you Newsome
Better be ready to prove you are no longer a California resident to the state

Old 12-11-2019, 04:00 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,180,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Better be ready to prove you are no longer a California resident to the state
Yea I'll be happy to prove that to anyone that asks here..... Maybe I'll send them a pic of me smiling next to a saguaro cactus

Old 01-24-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Yea I'll be happy to prove that to anyone that asks here..... Maybe I'll send them a pic of me smiling next to a saguaro cactus
Lol. I meant for taxes.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:10 AM

585 posts, read 634,796 times
Quote:

I concur, I dislike HB for all those reasons, and more. Aye! Those ubiquitous pink cinder block walls delineating everyone's back yard from main streets!

As for other's discussions about taxes, I agree. You should find the thread on here where someone was discussing the lengths that the FTB will go to in order to try to label you a "Resident" and thereby levy taxes on you. It is well worth following their simple steps, such as proactively telling DMV you are surrounding your CDL (there's a form for it) instead of just letting it lapse, and registering to vote in your new domicile state. Be wary of coming back for medical visits, etc. If you keep commercial or rental property interests in CA, they will try to attach you that way. In fact, when I go back for a few days or a week or two each year, I take out a bunch of cash in my new state, and spend only cash in CA because I do not want any credit or debit card transactions to register to state officials my presence in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County