U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-06-2020, 12:39 AM
 
Location: Beautiful free Arizona
4,275 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Reputation: 6272

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Good news today, only 49 new cases, zero new deaths, the people in ICU has dropped from 71 to 56.
That’s great! People say this week will be bad..... wonder if it’ll pan out ? Hopefully not
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2020, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
5,380 posts, read 7,257,964 times
Reputation: 4502
This is good news.

Orange County’s ‘essential workers’ can get childcare from YMCA, private schools
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/0...ivate-schools/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2020, 05:37 PM
 
Location: SoCal
20,162 posts, read 9,641,862 times
Reputation: 16881
Orange County reported 882 total cases, 14 total deaths, up with 51 new cases, zero new deaths, ICU increased from 52 to 72.
New proposal to require all store clerks to wear face coverings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2020, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
5,380 posts, read 7,257,964 times
Reputation: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Orange County reported 882 total cases, 14 total deaths, up with 51 new cases, zero new deaths, ICU increased from 52 to 72.
New proposal to require all store clerks to wear face coverings.
It would be great if store clerks were required to wear face masks. That would obviously help reduce the possibility of any COVID-19+ asymptomatic ones infecting customers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2020, 08:37 PM
 
Location: SoCal
20,162 posts, read 9,641,862 times
Reputation: 16881
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
It would be great if store clerks were required to wear face masks. That would obviously help reduce the possibility of any COVID-19+ asymptomatic ones infecting customers.
Some stores already installed plexiglass, the Rite Aid I’ve been to recently had installed them for 2 weeks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2020, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Beautiful free Arizona
4,275 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Reputation: 6272
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Some stores already installed plexiglass, the Rite Aid I’ve been to recently had installed them for 2 weeks.
I was at stater bros today and they have plexiglass set up and they wipe down the shopping carts. About 1 in 3 of the customers was wearing a face mask.

So far this dooms day week is not happening
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 12:02 AM
 
11 posts, read 9,216 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I was at stater bros today and they have plexiglass set up and they wipe down the shopping carts. About 1 in 3 of the customers was wearing a face mask.

So far this dooms day week is not happening

I'm not worried about the cashier. What I don't know about is the produce or stock person that may be asymptomatic coughing or sneezing on the bananas or cereal.



I think all people working right now that work with items that the public directly consumes should be wearing masks and gloves - grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, etc...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Placentia, OC
1,463 posts, read 1,544,005 times
Reputation: 681
We're doing decently it seems compared with some of the other counties. Wear a mask, wear gloves, disinfect when you get home, and stay away from folks and we'll be good.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 02:53 PM
 
Location: SoCal
20,162 posts, read 9,641,862 times
Reputation: 16881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfour View Post
I'm not worried about the cashier. What I don't know about is the produce or stock person that may be asymptomatic coughing or sneezing on the bananas or cereal.



I think all people working right now that work with items that the public directly consumes should be wearing masks and gloves - grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, etc...
They don’t all wear mask and they don’t all wear gloves at Albertson’s today, it was pretty sparse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2020, 07:19 PM
 
Location: SoCal
20,162 posts, read 9,641,862 times
Reputation: 16881
Tuesday, April 7th, we have 931 total cases and 15 deaths, 50 new cases, 1 new death, 75 cases in ICU. I say it’s a good progress from yesterday. Riverside is overtaking Orange County in the number of total cases.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top