U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 02:02 PM

22,165 posts, read 25,403,561 times

Advertisements

Im afraid of a lot of deaths that would be happening anyway are now written up as CV19 related to pump up numbers of the virus deaths
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 04:04 PM

5,380 posts, read 7,261,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
The trouble I have with the data is it doesn't tell us all we need. Current deaths are 74, up 9 since your last post, but we don't know if those are 9 deaths that happened May 7 to May 9, or if the deaths occurred prior to May 7 and the reporting of them lagged.

87 ICU cases and 218 in the hospital in general, daily new reported cases were 146.

https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

If Daily Cases (which have never been more than 160 in OC) spike to over 200, do we shut things down? Barricade the county borders to LA and Riverside counties?
Personally, I would rather know than not know the number of OC COVID hospitalizations and deaths. Obviously, none of us is in a position to enact policy changes based upon the findings, since that is up to OC and the state.

As frustrating as it may be on an individual basis, at least we may have some awareness of the reasons behind any potential shift in policy; whether we agree or disagree with the changes.

Old 05-10-2020, 04:12 PM

5,380 posts, read 7,261,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Im afraid of a lot of deaths that would be happening anyway are now written up as CV19 related to pump up numbers of the virus deaths
I've also some concerns about that, because if an 80 year-old COVID-19+ individual with multiple medical dies, maybe the death is erroneously listed as being due to the coronavirus, instead of the comorbid factors.

Additionally, some nursing homes across he country are reported deaths as "Presumed COVID-19" without any testing or anything else to back it up.

Nevertheless, these same tendencies, if present, have likely always been there, and it does seem that more COVID-19 deaths are being reported in OC.

Last edited by pacific2; 05-10-2020 at 04:59 PM..

Old 05-12-2020, 06:45 PM

4,278 posts, read 2,494,493 times
Is anyone hearing anything in OC on when they can reopen places like salons and restaurants? I hear Newsome and Garcetti every day but nothing from the OC leaders. I’m now in Az so might be missing something.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:53 AM

21,015 posts, read 18,599,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Doesn't sound like it.

Dr. Sally Aiken, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, said, "Medical examiners and coroners are not part of a conspiracy of death certification to classify all deaths as caused by COVID-19."

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...6-209d34aa5636

Dr. Jason Farley, a professor of nursing and a nurse practitioner in the division of infectious diseases of the Johns Hopkins University schools of nursing and medicine, said, "When people have underlying conditions in addition to COVID-19, physicians will make their best judgment call when declaring the underlying cause of death. I think it’s just critical that we understand that clinicians are not sitting there going, 'How can I make this a COVID case when I’m filling out this report?'”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2973481001/

Old 05-13-2020, 01:58 PM

22,165 posts, read 25,403,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Doesn't sound like it.

Dr. Sally Aiken, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, said, "Medical examiners and coroners are not part of a conspiracy of death certification to classify all deaths as caused by COVID-19."

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...6-209d34aa5636

Dr. Jason Farley, a professor of nursing and a nurse practitioner in the division of infectious diseases of the Johns Hopkins University schools of nursing and medicine, said, "When people have underlying conditions in addition to COVID-19, physicians will make their best judgment call when declaring the underlying cause of death. I think it’s just critical that we understand that clinicians are not sitting there going, 'How can I make this a COVID case when I’m filling out this report?'”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2973481001/
I’m ot saying it’s a conspiracy, but I am saying like the article stated...it’s a judgement call. So a guy goes in with CV19 has COPD and dies suffocating. What killed him. His existing COPD or CV19

Old 05-13-2020, 05:15 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,649,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Is anyone hearing anything in OC on when they can reopen places like salons and restaurants? I hear Newsome and Garcetti every day but nothing from the OC leaders. I’m now in Az so might be missing something.
Irvine approves for outdoor seating for restaurants, tennis and pickle ball courts, Sumer concerts for drive in only.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...virus-testing/

Old 05-14-2020, 02:01 PM

4,278 posts, read 2,494,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Irvine approves for outdoor seating for restaurants, tennis and pickle ball courts, Sumer concerts for drive in only.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...virus-testing/
That’s great! Go Irvine!,, I also heard a rumor that OC riverside San Bernardino and San Diego have joined forces and are going to the governor today with what restrictions they want going forward. Hope it works..

Old 05-14-2020, 02:20 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,783,575 times
Who wants to join a work party this weekend to build barricades on the 5, 405, 91 and surface streets to keep the rabble from LA and IE out?

Here is my vision for the barricades:

Those with great singing voices are especially encouraged to attend.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:30 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,649,579 times
LA beaches are also open too. I’ve been able to go into a French restaurant in Newport Beach and get food to go. I just need to wear a mask. That’s all.
Costco in a Tustin has toilet paper and everything else again, unlike what I’ve read from San Diego forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County