U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 09:08 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,653,383 times

Advertisements

They are switching over to report more consistent numbers.
https://voiceofoc.org/2020/05/with-h...stent-numbers/
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 PM

5,381 posts, read 7,263,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
They are switching over to report more consistent numbers.
https://voiceofoc.org/2020/05/with-h...stent-numbers/
That's good news because the information consisting of "more consistent numbers," that from the state database, is a more accurate reflection of hospitalizations.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:25 PM

Restaurants, malls and more allowed to reopen in Orange County
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/2...orange-county/

Quote:
Dining in restaurants and shopping inside malls and stores were given a green light in Orange County on Saturday, May 23, marking a major shift to normalcy after two months of staying at home to curb the coronavirus pandemic.

Just in time for Memorial Day weekend, Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration approved the county’s plan to expedite the latter phase of the state’s Stage 2 of gradual reopening, the Orange County Board of Supervisors announced.

Restaurants and stores still are expected to keep safety protocols in place, such as social distancing and other hygiene practices to keep customers and employees safe.

Some workplaces, such as manufacturing and offices where working from home is not possible, also were approved to reopen, as were outdoor museums and other “limited personal services,” such as car washes, pet groomers, tanning salons and gardening services.
My dog has cabin fever so she will be more than happy to return to doggie day camp.

Quote:
The county also announced a new order: All Orange County residents and visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings in public places, while shopping or while at work. Masks must be worn when a person is not able to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others they don’t live with.

Children under age 2 and anyone who has trouble breathing or other medical or mental health conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask are exempt.

“The Order includes necessary preventative measures to control and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community and help preserve the capacity in our local health care system, which was one of the metrics the California Department of Public Health took into account before approving our plan to move deeper into Stage 2 of re-opening Orange County,” said Dr. Nichole Quick, County Health Officer.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:41 PM

OC's COVID-19 death toll is stiil rising. 12 deaths were reported today with 249 hospitalized (101 ICU).

Orange County, CA
COVID-19 CASE COUNTS
Posted Date: 5/23/2020
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

Old 05-24-2020, 12:55 PM

792 posts, read 715,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post

Restaurants, malls and more allowed to reopen in Orange County
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/2...orange-county/

Quote:
Dining in restaurants and shopping inside malls and stores were given a green light in Orange County on Saturday, May 23, marking a major shift to normalcy after two months of staying at home to curb the coronavirus pandemic.

Just in time for Memorial Day weekend, Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration approved the county’s plan to expedite the latter phase of the state’s Stage 2 of gradual reopening, the Orange County Board of Supervisors announced.

Restaurants and stores still are expected to keep safety protocols in place, such as social distancing and other hygiene practices to keep customers and employees safe.

Some workplaces, such as manufacturing and offices where working from home is not possible, also were approved to reopen, as were outdoor museums and other “limited personal services,” such as car washes, pet groomers, tanning salons and gardening services.
My dog has cabin fever so she will be more than happy to return to doggie day camp.
Quote:
The county also announced a new order: All Orange County residents and visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings in public places, while shopping or while at work. Masks must be worn when a person is not able to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others they don’t live with.

Children under age 2 and anyone who has trouble breathing or other medical or mental health conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask are exempt.

“The Order includes necessary preventative measures to control and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community and help preserve the capacity in our local health care system, which was one of the metrics the California Department of Public Health took into account before approving our plan to move deeper into Stage 2 of re-opening Orange County,” said Dr. Nichole Quick, County Health Officer
From a medical/scientific perspective, I'm generally in line with the medical experts and would like to see a slower reopening. It's just that our social system can't handle it, in all sorts of ways.

From a practical perspective, I think starting reopening is the right move. Cooler and wet weather helped make the early weeks of shelter-at-home work as well as it did. Now, it is increasingly difficult to expect people to follow the recommendations. Gotta go with the flow and some cooperation now is better than little cooperation later.

I noticed a few other states have caps on % capacity of restaurants that may reopen. From what I've seen of our guidelines, our orders were left vague to allow more flexibility. I feel that less density of people is always going to be better than nothing; not convinced that "barriers" will stop airflow.

Also, I am a little concerned that with our proximity to LA, Riverside, San Bernardino Counties, OC may end up picking up infections from sick people who come here. But them's the breaks. At least testing should become more available in the coming weeks.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:50 PM

I have not found any of my favorite restaurants to be opened for dinning yet.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:02 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,784,704 times
Quote:
I have not found any of my favorite restaurants to be opened for dinning yet.
I just picked up from Newport Rib Co. in Costa Mesa and their dining room opened today. There were maybe 4 parties spread out over the large restaurant and two customers eating at the bar.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I just picked up from Newport Rib Co. in Costa Mesa and their dining room opened today. There were maybe 4 parties spread out over the large restaurant and two customers eating at the bar.
Their website still says for take out and delivery only.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:49 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,784,704 times
Quote:
Their website still says for take out and delivery only.
It may, but I was there. They told me today was the first day and tables were seated.

Old 05-25-2020, 04:52 PM

I went to an outdoor sitting area near Dana Point today, it was so good to finally eat outside, it feels back to normal, some people wore masks but not the majority. The restaurants are open, call ahead, their website might not update it properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County