U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 07:13 PM

5,381 posts, read 7,265,543 times

Advertisements

City of Aliso Viejo
avcityenews@cityofalisoviejo.com

Quote:
Orange County Salons and Barbershops
Approved to Reopen

Orange County has received State approval to allow salons and barbershops to reopen as we move further into Stage 2 of the State's Resiliency Roadmap. The reopening will require patrons to continue to adhere to the guidance set forth by the Orange County Health Care Agency, and business owners and their employees must follow health and safety guidelines as they reopen. For more information, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency website.

Download Guidelines for Salons and Barbershops
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 01:36 AM

792 posts, read 716,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
This is really sad.

When Harry Sentoso got called back to work at an Amazon delivery center in Irvine in late March, he was excited.

He had been working in Amazon warehouses on and off for two years, always hoping to get a full-time position but always laid off after seasonal demand died down. Just a few weeks earlier, at the beginning of March, his bosses had told him they didn’t need him anymore. He had spent most of the month cooped up at home in Walnut, looking for other work.

Sentoso saw the warehouse job as a last chance to earn some cash before settling down to retirement.

He was part of Amazon’s coronavirus hiring spree. Two weeks later he was dead:
https://www.latimes.com/business/tec...ad-hiring-wave
I read this article earlier today. Very sad and more so being that he was so close to retirement.

For the people arguing the disease numbers a few pages back, we aren't going to know what reopening really does until 1.5-2 weeks have passed any particular phase or event, as illustrated by the story CA4Now posted. So for example, with Memorial Day weekend combined with CA Phase 2 reopening, I'd say to watch the stats from about 6/02 through 6/08 for hospitalizations, then correlate with deaths with a few days' delay. By the same concept, trends that you spot today likely reflect the results of events from about 1.5-2 weeks back.

My general thoughts on the reopening? I'm generally sympathetic to people whose livelihoods are on the line. I won't judge those who have experienced a couple of months of negative income and need to open up for survival's sake. But at the same time I don't think highly of anyone who actively disrespects a consumer's choice to protect themselves, whether by wearing masks or limiting their ventures to safety-friendly stores based on their personal risk tolerances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
City of Aliso Viejo
avcityenews@cityofalisoviejo.com

Orange County Salons and Barbershops
Approved to Reopen

Orange County has received State approval to allow salons and barbershops to reopen as we move further into Stage 2 of the State's Resiliency Roadmap. The reopening will require patrons to continue to adhere to the guidance set forth by the Orange County Health Care Agency, and business owners and their employees must follow health and safety guidelines as they reopen. For more information, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency website.

Download Guidelines for Salons and Barbershops
I have been looking forward to being able to find a barber to have my hair mowed.

Of course, I intend to act with awareness to reduce potential exposure where I can. Also if the shop's too crowded I think I can afford to put it off for a bit longer, I expect there to be a lot of delayed demand out there.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:52 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,657,532 times
The number of deaths in nursing home due to transfer from other counties.
https://voiceofoc.org/2020/05/as-ora...keep-climbing/

Old 05-29-2020, 12:57 AM

347 posts, read 157,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The number of deaths in nursing home due to transfer from other counties.
https://voiceofoc.org/2020/05/as-ora...keep-climbing/
Yes and I said predicted when discussing this with Saibot, the amount of hospitalizations are increasing. They are NOT going down.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:34 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,657,532 times
They are not solely from reopening, they come from other counties.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:41 PM

347 posts, read 157,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
They are not solely from reopening, they come from other counties.
Yes, I read the article.

The out-of-county residents are about 6 percent of OC’s coronavirus hospitalizations as of this week, or a total of 19 patients out of the 301 patients.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:51 PM

51 posts, read 16,912 times
The CV19 virus pandemic has been suspended in order to allow for violent protests and looting in Los Angeles.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:24 AM

10,090 posts, read 6,198,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaminoDelAvion View Post
The CV19 virus pandemic has been suspended in order to allow for violent protests and looting in Los Angeles.
For the first time in about 12 weeks, the OC Register did not have a front page headline screaming about Covid-19.

Just like that--the media directs our attention elsewhere.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:02 PM

4,278 posts, read 2,497,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
For the first time in about 12 weeks, the OC Register did not have a front page headline screaming about Covid-19.

I almost feel sorry for Garcetti he loved his daily Covid briefings. I don’t think he likes riots near as much. Back to hiding behind the walls of city hall for him

Old 06-01-2020, 05:37 PM

51 posts, read 16,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

We all need to remain focused and obsessed. It’s not like the guy didn’t spit in cops’ faces threatening CV and resist arrest as the new video now shows. Nor did they let us know he was on fentanyl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County