U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 08:12 PM

5,380 posts, read 7,260,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
The new OC Health Agency COVID case count site is more comprehensive than the last one. For example, not only can you find the number of cases per city, you can also find a city's COVID deaths.

Also, the case count is supposed to apply to the date of report, and not to old deaths from previous weeks that facilities just got around to reporting.

COVID-19 Case Counts and Testing Figures
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc
Deaths are also being reported down to the zipcode:
https://ochca.maps.arcgis.com/apps/o...21c451de2fedae
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 08:18 PM

10,078 posts, read 6,182,822 times
I just saw the new site. Very thorough, but one thing I don't like is that it gives raw numbers but no percentages for cases and deaths by age. You have to calculate those yourself. I liked the old site's "pie charts" that made a better visual than the bar graph, and also included percentage numbers.

I read a statement elsewhere today that deaths in California nursing facilities were trending down. I'm not seeing that yet. The percentage of nursing facility deaths hit a new high today...52%.

There have been 45 confirmed cases in my city but no deaths yet. Interesting.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:25 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,646,044 times
Quote:
Deaths are also being reported down to the zipcode:
I don’t see where per zip code, where do you click to see it.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don’t see where per zip code, where do you click to see it.
You can use this link and then use the navigation bar at the very bottom to go several pages over, and you will find it. The new website was just introduced late today, so they still need to work the kinks out of it.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I just saw the new site. Very thorough, but one thing I don't like is that it gives raw numbers but no percentages for cases and deaths by age. You have to calculate those yourself. I liked the old site's "pie charts" that made a better visual than the bar graph, and also included percentage numbers.

I read a statement elsewhere today that deaths in California nursing facilities were trending down. I'm not seeing that yet. The percentage of nursing facility deaths hit a new high today...52%.

There have been 45 confirmed cases in my city but no deaths yet. Interesting.
I suspect that changes will be made if enough people object to the way data is presented. They're probably open to feedback.

Regarding cities, unfortunately, Aliso has 62 cases, still low, but on a steady climb up from a recent count of forty-four. I don't recall the date, but I think it was just last week. There has also been one Aliso death.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
You can use this link and then use the navigation bar at the very bottom to go several pages over, and you will find it. The new website was just introduced late today, so they still need to work the kinks out of it.

I have to log in in that one. Can you tell me how many deaths in Irvine. Thank You. The old link used to tell us how many cases in Irvine.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I have to log in in that one. Can you tell me how many deaths in Irvine. Thank You. The old link used to tell us how many cases in Irvine.
Logging in is a new requirement. Try this link:
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

Then, lower on the page, click on either "Desktop Version" or "Mobile Version" and you will immediately see
"ORANGE COUNTY COVID-19 DASHBOARD."

You'll see a lot of stats. Look at the very bottom of the page to find two arrows, one each at either end of it, and use these to go to the next or previous page.

Obviously, the site is not terribly user friendly at this point. So, you'll have to play around with it for the time being.

This is what I found for Irvine:

Irvine - 323 Total Cases

Irvine - 5 Total Deaths

Hope this helps.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:55 PM

Thank you Pacific, that’s all I need to know. As I was driving to the local pool, I noticed a lot of parking cars, so Irvine has density, yet the total deaths so far is 5 is quite amazing for a large city.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:35 PM

10,078 posts, read 6,182,822 times
Quote:
Thank you Pacific, that’s all I need to know. As I was driving to the local pool, I noticed a lot of parking cars, so Irvine has density, yet the total deaths so far is 5 is quite amazing for a large city.
The City of Irvine enforced mask regulations early on, and a high percentage of the population are Asians who may be culturally used to wearing masks. I go to the Costco in Irvine, and they're very strict about it. No one gets in without a mask and I haven't seen anyone taking theirs off in there, either.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
The City of Irvine enforced mask regulations early on, and a high percentage of the population are Asians who may be culturally used to wearing masks. I go to the Costco in Irvine, and they're very strict about it. No one gets in without a mask and I haven't seen anyone taking theirs off in there, either.
I go to the same one, and on 2 occasions recently, I saw 2 Caucasian couples didn’t wear masks. They were not stopped from going in. In fact one guy was very close to me at the fish counter, he was at least 70, he didn’t wear mask.
I also shopped at another Asian supermarket in Garden Grove, and it was a zoo. I will never go back there again. Madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County