U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2020, 08:25 AM
 
Location: So Ca
21,015 posts, read 18,599,741 times
Reputation: 18228

Advertisements

"A set of controversial guidelines recommending that Orange County public school students return to their campuses without basic coronavirus precautions has ties to an anti-union, pro-charter school group that is looking to open a new campus in August."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...r-school-links
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2020, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Beautiful free Arizona
4,278 posts, read 2,494,493 times
Reputation: 6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"A set of controversial guidelines recommending that Orange County public school students return to their campuses without basic coronavirus precautions has ties to an anti-union, pro-charter school group that is looking to open a new campus in August."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...r-school-links
Get those OC dissidents back in line!! How dare they try and study the pros and cons and not be in lock step with the king governor! Threaten them by claiming they’re anti union Pro charter yea that should do the trick and get those sheep back in the herd. California is becoming a scary pathetic place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 01:51 PM
 
Location: So Ca
21,015 posts, read 18,599,741 times
Reputation: 18228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Get those OC dissidents back in line!! How dare they try and study the pros and cons and not be in lock step with the king governor!
But they didn't "study the pros and cons," did they?

The...document was drafted by Will Swaim, former founding editor of the OC Weekly and president of the California Policy Center, a conservative think tank that frequently criticizes the power of employee unions. The former journalist confessed his lack of health and medical expertise.

Dan Cooper, a professor of pediatrics and UC Irvine’s associate vice chancellor for clinical and translational science who participated in schools Supt. Al Mijares’ task force, said Thursday the white paper was “very poorly annotated,” citing one study on the efficiency of masks protecting against influenza in 2010 and several newspaper articles...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Beautiful free Arizona
4,278 posts, read 2,494,493 times
Reputation: 6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
But they didn't "study the pros and cons," did they?

The...document was drafted by Will Swaim, former founding editor of the OC Weekly and president of the California Policy Center, a conservative think tank that frequently criticizes the power of employee unions. The former journalist confessed his lack of health and medical expertise.

Dan Cooper, a professor of pediatrics and UC Irvine’s associate vice chancellor for clinical and translational science who participated in schools Supt. Al Mijares’ task force, said Thursday the white paper was “very poorly annotated,” citing one study on the efficiency of masks protecting against influenza in 2010 and several newspaper articles...
Yes they did .... they studied the emotional and mental needs of kids vs possibly getting a virus that on the whole doesn’t effect them much. I have no idea what those random quotes You posted above are about. I was just reading on fb about a twelve year old boy that just killed himself.

What’s Newsom going to do if Trump cuts funding to Ca? Because that’s a very real possibility
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 08:47 PM
 
Location: SoCal
4,170 posts, read 1,170,207 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Yes they did .... they studied the emotional and mental needs of kids vs possibly getting a virus that on the whole doesn’t effect them much. I have no idea what those random quotes You posted above are about. I was just reading on fb about a twelve year old boy that just killed himself.

What’s Newsom going to do if Trump cuts funding to Ca? Because that’s a very real possibility

He will open schools very quickly. In fact he will soon reopen the state being federal unemployment is about to end. I don't know about you, but most people can't live on state unemployment for very long.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2020, 09:10 PM
 
Location: So Ca
21,015 posts, read 18,599,741 times
Reputation: 18228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I have no idea what those random quotes You posted above are about.
They're from the linked article, which you must not have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I was just reading on fb about a twelve year old boy that just killed himself.
What?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2020, 08:04 PM
 
Location: So Ca
21,015 posts, read 18,599,741 times
Reputation: 18228
Orange County public health officials on Wednesday reported the county’s first death of a juvenile related to COVID-19.

The teenage girl had underlying medical conditions, the county’s health department said in a news release. Her exact age and identity were not released.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ath-of-a-child
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2020, 03:18 PM
 
Location: SoCal
20,162 posts, read 9,649,579 times
Reputation: 16881
First time a Orange County has less than 100 cases positive and one death today.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2020, 11:44 AM
 
2,280 posts, read 1,062,874 times
Reputation: 1762
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ty%3f_amp=true

Interesting how Orange County fought tooth to nail to keep their beaches open in early May. And protested and actively defied Newsom’s overstepping closure. The barriers were a joke essentially a three feet tall soft construction barrier that people hopped over. Yet they decided to lockdown their beaches on their own on Fourth of July however this time they actually somehow installed 12 foot high chain linked fences that surfers were not able to scale with their boards. I be curious what’s up with that.
Though overall Orange County and their cities avoided harsh intervention and has proven that its not necessary to become a police state to keep numbers down or people from dropping dead left and right. Apparently some politicians and groups think it’s a race to see who is winning the war on COVID19 but it appears such competition causes more harm than good and that some countries, states. and local governments, has chosen not to throw the constitution under the bus and draw the clear line at going too far, Japan being one of those examples.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2020, 05:37 PM
 
Location: SoCal
20,162 posts, read 9,649,579 times
Reputation: 16881
We’re entering red tier from purple.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top