U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 06:53 PM

70 posts, read 49,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
A restaurant owner I know said OC will be back to Purple next Wed. If you need a pedi or want to eat inside better do it fast. I wonder though how many people and businesses will comply with a back step like this when Ca’s ruler is defying his own orders and partying in Napa, sending his kids to private school, and keeping his winery open
Don't you lhave more important things to do if you live in Arizona?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2020, 08:59 PM

4,286 posts, read 2,516,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keknoob View Post
No

Old 11-16-2020, 07:41 AM

21,088 posts, read 18,694,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keknoob View Post
don't you lhave more important things to do if you live in arizona?
Apparently not.

Old 11-16-2020, 10:16 AM

7,899 posts, read 5,513,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keknoob View Post
Still, how do feel that newsome tells you to do one thing and does the opposite himself. Or is that ok that leadership is two faced. As a Californian You’re happy with that type of behavior?

Old 11-16-2020, 10:24 AM

3,293 posts, read 4,609,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Still, how do feel that newsome tells you to do one thing and does the opposite himself. Or is that ok that leadership is two faced. As a Californian You’re happy with that type of behavior?
Personally, I think its BS that he's doing this and it shows that all politicians are corrupt (regardless of party).

Still, I like to think I am able to think for myself and look at information from a myriad of sources before making a decision. All of the medical experts are suggesting we exercise extreme caution and I applaud Newsom for taking a tougher stance on fighting COVID in the community, regardless of his deplorable personal behavior. I have to say that he's done a much better job than your governor Kemp, which is evident in the fact that GA's COVID death rate per capita is nearly 2x that of California (and climbing). Separating the personal behavior, my only criticism of Newsom was that he's let his guard down too quickly and caved into political pressure to ease restrictions, which is why cases are spiking here in CA again.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:59 AM

As of Thursday (12/10), there were 1,122 coronavirus-positive patients hospitalized countywide — an all-time high and more than double the number from two weeks ago. Of those, 265 people were in intensive care, according to the latest available data.

Dr. Clayton Chau, Orange County’s health officer and Health Care Agency director, also encouraged residents “who can get services through urgent care, can get services through their primary care physician [to] please go ahead and do so, and not just show up to the emergency room.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...covid-19-surge

Old 12-15-2020, 11:10 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,629,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
Hold it, people...

One case of the virus in Orange County and the person was from Wuhan, China. Authorities say that the chance of a out break is very, very low.

There is a definite "cold" going around, and that seem to be quite prevelent . That is not the flu or cronovirus,

Tis the season for colds, so stay smart, wash your hands, and stand clear of the coughers out there with their mouths in their elbows....

And if you do catch that cold, stay home and take care of yourself, and not be out there infecting others.

Last week I was feeling great as usual, that was Thursday, we hiked down to Dana Point Harbor, and had lunch over looking the marina, walked back home...about 4 miles round trip. That night, that cold hit me, and now it is monday, and I am feeling much, much better. Stayed home, and just took care of myself. We stayed away from other people, and did not spread this beast to anyone else.

Stay healthy, smarrt , active, and live life to the max . Orange county is a great place to be.
sadly, this did not age well.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
sadly, this did not age well.
Obviously, none of the coronavirus threads from earlier this year did, either, since none of us have a crystal ball.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:41 AM

5,381 posts, read 7,285,656 times
Sadly, a frequent poster to the CA Forum and occasional poster to the OC Forum, nmnita, and her husband, recently died within a day of one another. The timing makes me wonder if it was due to COVID since she seemed to be very healthy and they died so close in time.

Obituary for Patrick and Vanita McKelvey, Bella Vista, AR
https://www.arkansasonline.com/obitu...ey-2020-12-15/

I read about their passing on the Food and Drink Forum:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/food...ition-181.html

Old 12-16-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Sadly, a frequent poster to the CA Forum and occasional poster to the OC Forum, nmnita, and her husband, recently died within a day of one another. The timing makes me wonder if it was due to COVID since she seemed to be very healthy and they died so close in time.

Obituary for Patrick and Vanita McKelvey, Bella Vista, AR
https://www.arkansasonline.com/obitu...ey-2020-12-15/

I read about their passing on the Food and Drink Forum:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/food...ition-181.html
Oh, my God. I am so sorry to know of this. As a former resident of southern California, Nita posted here frequently. Thank you for letting us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County