Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 01:15 PM

815 posts, read 2,687,300 times

Advertisements

Anyone know if there's a site where you can track Orange County cases by zipcode like in San Diego?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 01:22 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,630,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Anyone know if there's a site where you can track Orange County cases by zipcode like in San Diego?
There is no data available to the public by zipcode. Try this for tracking by city. Population <25,000 and fewer than 5 confirmed cases only reported in aggregate.

COVID-19 Case Counts and Testing Figures
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

Last edited by pacific2; 04-02-2020 at 01:49 PM..

Old 04-02-2020, 04:33 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,650,485 times
ABC7 news track the total number for San Diego and Orange County, but not by zip code.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:00 AM

252 posts, read 416,764 times
We find that the official authorities have broken in down to towns in Orange County, factual numbers of cases, numbers of deaths, Dana Point is very low, inland Anaheim is very high. But they do have the exact known situations in most every Orange County town and area listed.

We find that the local TV stations, are scaring the heck out of the public with their continuing non stop Virus attack .
propanda melodrama raising the stress factor.

The official organizations have factual and functional information for the public. You can read it in about a minute or two and done. They also repeat and have info on how to not get or spread COVI 19. John Hopkins medical center has also
put out excellent info on the Virus and how it works that most of us can easily understand. It is excellent .

Additional Note, there is some additional concern from Sripps Institute that is interesting, has to do with the 6 ft social distancing when there is a breeze or wind, Mostly concerns surfers and those who are outdoors hiking or running. At this point they feel that the six foot distancing may not be enough. Just FYI.

You may want Read the information from the official organizations in a short period of time and not compound your worry and fear that is being fueled to the max for an hour after every day on the local TV news .

Your choice as to how you wish to be informed.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:17 AM

26,574 posts, read 26,433,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
Additional Note, there is some additional concern from Sripps Institute that is interesting, has to do with the 6 ft social distancing when there is a breeze or wind, Mostly concerns surfers and those who are outdoors hiking or running. At this point they feel that the six foot distancing may not be enough. Just FYI.
Yes; swimmers, surfers, and beach walkers need to stay away.

The beach, in the estimation of Kim Prather, a leading atmospheric chemist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, is one of the most dangerous places to be these days, as the novel coronavirus marches silently across California.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...es-los-angeles

Old 04-03-2020, 11:07 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,630,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
We find that the official authorities have broken in down to towns in Orange County, factual numbers of cases, numbers of deaths, Dana Point is very low, inland Anaheim is very high. But they do have the exact known situations in most every Orange County town and area listed.

We find that the local TV stations, are scaring the heck out of the public with their continuing non stop Virus attack .
propanda melodrama raising the stress factor.

The official organizations have factual and functional information for the public. You can read it in about a minute or two and done. They also repeat and have info on how to not get or spread COVI 19. John Hopkins medical center has also
put out excellent info on the Virus and how it works that most of us can easily understand. It is excellent .

You may want Read the information from the official organizations in a short period of time and not compound your worry and fear that is being fueled to the max for an hour after every day on the local TV news .

Your choice as to how you wish to be informed.
Maybe you didn't mean to suggest otherwise, but inland areas do not necessarily have more COVID-19+ cases than coastal communities. For example, yesterday, there were 60 confirmed cases in both Newport Beach and Anaheim.
https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

Old 04-03-2020, 11:46 AM

1,859 posts, read 2,190,606 times
Unfortunately tracking the cases at this point is not very useful because of the low number of tests and the initial guidelines for who gets to take a test. In my opinion, the higher numbers of COVID-19 cases reflected in Irvine and Newport Beach is more of an indication of access to a test than anything. Foolishly, I half believed the president when he said anyone who wants a test can get one. When he said that 2 weeks ago, I thought every American would have access to a test by now. I thought we'd could finally get ahead of this virus once testing became ubiquitous. It is believed that 80% of transmissions are made by asymptomatic people and we can't effectively stop the spread if people don't know they are carrying it at this point. Physically distancing should help slow the spread as to not overload our healthcare system, but we're just trying to buy time for a vaccine and effective treatment to be discovered. I really thought he'd declare a national emergency and coerce private companies to switch production to make the items we need; but it's been weeks and not much has been done. I know local OC garment makers have switched to making masks and gowns, and Santa Ana's Blinking Owl Distillery switched to making hand sanitizer with their alcohol.

At risk of sounding too morbid, the case numbers by cities is pretty much useless in making projections. We need to look at the death rates and chart them on a moving average much like a stock chart to predict when the curve will begin to flatten. The one positive thing to see is all the tests that are coming back negative and the number recovered climbing. I'm afraid we're going to be stuck in physical distancing for awhile because other states have been so slow in response.

I hope for the best but am preparing for the worse. I wish everyone to be well and be safe.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:24 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,650,485 times
I only track the number, I’m already doing everything they suggest anyway, what more could I do. Nothing. But I don’t want to be panicking either, it has an adverse effect on my health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County