U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 503 times

Advertisements

i was fired from my job. not able to find new job due to covid19. claimed covid reason for lack of work. was approved.

im on the fence or not about using the money.

wyt?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 12:20 AM

22,165 posts, read 25,371,892 times
Were you fired because of CV19 or you just said that? Doesn’t matter really. If you’re fired you can get unemployment. At this point who really cares we’re so deep in crap...I mean we’re what almost three trillion dollars in on this thing?
Pay what you need to pay and maybe don’t get fired from your new job when you get one

Old 05-01-2020, 05:19 AM

251 posts, read 243,252 times
When 9/11 occurred our air space was shut down for a very long time.

At the time I was an instructor pilot flying for Air Combat USA. The customers could experience being a fighter pilot for a day hands on fling 5 and 6 G dog fights, and star in their own Top Gun movie.. We flew out of airports on deployments nation wide, coast to coast , border to border.

Our operations were totally shut down. Our pilots, ground crews, etc were no longer flying, no longer going to work, and no longer bringing home pay checks. We were grounded, but we were not fired. We were on furlough until the air space would open up for us.

We had no control over that, we did not snivel, or whimper, it was what it was, and each individual just had to handle it.

I went back to my parallel career as a U.S.C.G Licensed captain, teaching sailing, and motor vessel safety at sea, taking out some charters, but due to the panic and hibernation of the public, even that was very slow.

However, most of us were prepared and planned ahead for life, some of our pilots were still in the military, and some were ex military pilots now with the airlines, but grounded there as well.

We all just handled it, and most had saved and invested so that we had something to fall back on. We received zero money from govt. stimulous, we had to make out on our own. Now the public are lining up for govt supported pay checks. Thankfully that option is open for them.

It was a a few months before we finally got back to flying missions again, but even then the airspace was restricted for some time.

Most all of our pilots were previous A-4. F-4, F-14- F-18, F-16 and F-15 drivers who were now civilians, some were still in the military, and some were with . or had applied for airline jobs but were flying with Air Combat to gain more hours toward an Airline Pilot career. many just flat loved ACM...air combat maneuvering and that was much more fun and exciting that droning on auto pilot, straight and level shiny side up. .

Point being, we were all out of work, and had to go to plan B, or live off our savings. Our airlines guys were also not flying since the Air Space was shut down.

I did not hear any complaining, I did hear a lot of FIND THOSE RESPONSIBLE AND KILL EM ALL comments

Now we have COVD 19'ER.... And I am hearing all kinds of crying and sniveling and that we are on lock down, and yesterday some people shouting we were under martial law, and we are having our rights and liberties taken away..
Horror of horross, no happy hours at the bars, and the beaches are closed for laying on the sand.

That is whimpering B .S. ,, We are NOT ON LOCK DOWN... these people do not know what lockdown is. Yes we are restricted and requested to stay at home. But, we personally make the best out of that situation, by exercising outdoors ,
maintaining our distances, , getting out hiking, and finding trails that are still open, and a few open parks where we are the only ones BBQ'ing. We now work out at home since the fitness center here, and the commercial gyms are shut down.We make the best of what we have, and not worry about what we don't have.

Most all of the people here in Dana Point, Ca, are following the requested procedures with face masks,and gloves when going to the market, drug store, hardware store, gas station, etc. The few we meet and pass on the trails are happy and bright eyed, and share a friendly passing greeting. No stopping to converse. Most are fit, healthy and positive.

Yes, some of our travel plans have been cancelled, but we are rescheduling those, and are making additional plans for
road trips thru out west and south western states when this covi deal is all over. I am very proud of our people here in dana point and orange county who are following the safety rules to reduce contracting and spreading covid 19.

Fact is we all need to work together, follow the easy rules, and overcome this virus and slow and stop the spread of it.

Get it done, get rid of it, and get back to normal activities of daily living.

As to being fired.....due to Covid19, the circumstances to that situation can be unfortunate and varied. The effects of Covid 19, are causing many businesses to shut down....hopefully just til this is over. May they come roaring back at full speed.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:16 PM

249 posts, read 119,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlmr3 View Post
i was fired from my job. not able to find new job due to covid19. claimed covid reason for lack of work. was approved.

im on the fence or not about using the money.

wyt?

Unemployment insurance is for people who were fired. Unless you were fired for something that rose to misconduct (punching someone, violating policy despite warnings, etc), you would be approved.

Why would you apply, but then not use the money? If you made a mistake, then, don't certify & your claim will automatically close.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:55 PM

842 posts, read 400,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
When 9/11 occurred our air space was shut down for a very long time.

At the time I was an instructor pilot flying for Air Combat USA. The customers could experience being a fighter pilot for a day hands on fling 5 and 6 G dog fights, and star in their own Top Gun movie.. We flew out of airports on deployments nation wide, coast to coast , border to border.

Our operations were totally shut down. Our pilots, ground crews, etc were no longer flying, no longer going to work, and no longer bringing home pay checks. We were grounded, but we were not fired. We were on furlough until the air space would open up for us.

We had no control over that, we did not snivel, or whimper, it was what it was, and each individual just had to handle it.

I went back to my parallel career as a U.S.C.G Licensed captain, teaching sailing, and motor vessel safety at sea, taking out some charters, but due to the panic and hibernation of the public, even that was very slow.

However, most of us were prepared and planned ahead for life, some of our pilots were still in the military, and some were ex military pilots now with the airlines, but grounded there as well.

We all just handled it, and most had saved and invested so that we had something to fall back on. We received zero money from govt. stimulous, we had to make out on our own. Now the public are lining up for govt supported pay checks. Thankfully that option is open for them.

It was a a few months before we finally got back to flying missions again, but even then the airspace was restricted for some time.

Most all of our pilots were previous A-4. F-4, F-14- F-18, F-16 and F-15 drivers who were now civilians, some were still in the military, and some were with . or had applied for airline jobs but were flying with Air Combat to gain more hours toward an Airline Pilot career. many just flat loved ACM...air combat maneuvering and that was much more fun and exciting that droning on auto pilot, straight and level shiny side up. .

Point being, we were all out of work, and had to go to plan B, or live off our savings. Our airlines guys were also not flying since the Air Space was shut down.

I did not hear any complaining, I did hear a lot of FIND THOSE RESPONSIBLE AND KILL EM ALL comments

Now we have COVD 19'ER.... And I am hearing all kinds of crying and sniveling and that we are on lock down, and yesterday some people shouting we were under martial law, and we are having our rights and liberties taken away..
Horror of horross, no happy hours at the bars, and the beaches are closed for laying on the sand.

That is whimpering B .S. ,, We are NOT ON LOCK DOWN... these people do not know what lockdown is. Yes we are restricted and requested to stay at home. But, we personally make the best out of that situation, by exercising outdoors ,
maintaining our distances, , getting out hiking, and finding trails that are still open, and a few open parks where we are the only ones BBQ'ing. We now work out at home since the fitness center here, and the commercial gyms are shut down.We make the best of what we have, and not worry about what we don't have.

Most all of the people here in Dana Point, Ca, are following the requested procedures with face masks,and gloves when going to the market, drug store, hardware store, gas station, etc. The few we meet and pass on the trails are happy and bright eyed, and share a friendly passing greeting. No stopping to converse. Most are fit, healthy and positive.

Yes, some of our travel plans have been cancelled, but we are rescheduling those, and are making additional plans for
road trips thru out west and south western states when this covi deal is all over. I am very proud of our people here in dana point and orange county who are following the safety rules to reduce contracting and spreading covid 19.

Fact is we all need to work together, follow the easy rules, and overcome this virus and slow and stop the spread of it.

Get it done, get rid of it, and get back to normal activities of daily living.

As to being fired.....due to Covid19, the circumstances to that situation can be unfortunate and varied. The effects of Covid 19, are causing many businesses to shut down....hopefully just til this is over. May they come roaring back at full speed.

After 9/11 commercial flights were flying in less than a week....we were on one..
Not a very long time!

Military obviously different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County