U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 08:19 PM

508 posts, read 446,421 times

Advertisements

If they don't open soon they will never open, there is only so much a small business owner can do to hang on. Sadly many businesses will close for good.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 08:48 PM

301 posts, read 92,778 times
Here is what happened last night at a PB Bar in San Diego CA:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) – Hours after San Diego County reopened dine-in restaurants and retail shopping Thursday, health officials saw “egregious” disregard for public health orders, resulting in one business being forcibly closed and notices from law enforcement that they would ramp up enforcement over Memorial Day weekend.

A short video clip played at Friday’s news briefing taken at El Prez, a popular Pacific Beach sports bar and restaurant, and showed dozens of people in close physical contact without face coverings standing at the bar. The restaurant was closed by the county and will “remain closed until further notice,” said San Diego County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-...news-briefing/

Old 05-26-2020, 05:56 PM

55 posts, read 50,685 times
This last Monday I had a beer in a beer bar all good. The loophole is food. Ridiculously if the place brings in food they can open up tables and we didn't wear the masks. This is in OC. I miss my bar !

Old 05-27-2020, 08:43 AM

251 posts, read 243,429 times
Restaurants that have bars......

Kind of a combo, with flat tops, tables and booths, but no service at the bar and no bar stools....wondering if we can sit at the flat tops , tables, or booths and order drinks, as well as food.

We will be checking out some of our favorite places beginning today.....in Old Town Seal Beach, after I get finished with an appointment in Long Beach.

However, the social distancing will still be regulated, so snugging up and chumming the opposite sex, might not be
part of the program for some time. I will have Erica with me, and I personally would like a flat top for two. but, are looking forward to normal ops, as we enjoy meeting and talking story with positive and interesting people.

Most bar and restaurant owners that we have talked with, are ordering inventory and getting in touch with their employees. Currently they are Take Out only, but hope to be up and operating this week, around 5/27 or so.

The smart owners, do not want to have problems arise with health issues to customers, , or the hammer dropped by law enforcement, the health dept, or have the ABC take away the very expensive liquor license. The responsible owners seem well grounded, and not the lose cannons that 'not so brilliantly; bring in the media and video, or reporters to take a picture for publication in the newspaper of the close quarters mele at their bar.

When we get actual visuals on our local hangs in Seal Beach, and In South Orange County, we can let you know what the scoops are on those individual establishments.

For us that will be Dana Point, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Capo Beach, and Seal Beach. etc.

I know, tuff duty, but someone has to do it .

Old 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM

As of yesterday some of the bars / restaurants in Old Town Seal Beach are open, some were closed, and some opened up at 4:30 pm. Some of the closed establishments were working on re modeling, and will be back up soon.

Walt's was closed, and it looks like the owner is not going to re open, from what we read in the paper. That is a shame.
Too bad, they were the best in Old Town.

Henneseys, was open at the tables, not at the bar. Wait out front to get in, and tables were arranged for social distancing.

Old Town Seal : At this time O Malleys on Main and the Hangout, ( two faves ) were not open when we were there early afternoon. Looks like they were working on minor improvements, and should be back up soon. I think O Malleys opened up about 4 pm with different opening times on different days of the week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We decided to pass and not have drinks and late lunch in Seal, and headed back to Dana Point. On the way Erica Called
SUNSETS in Capo Beach.....they were not open, but should be soon. She then called Harpoons......yea open !

We drove to Dana Point Harbor, and went to one of our fave hangs, HARPOON HENRY'S. Happy hour begins at 4 pm in the bar. No bar stools, but bar tables set up in the upstairs bar area. Happy hour the many tables in the lounge next to the bar will be open for happy hour at 4pm.

Mid afternoon, We ate outside, on the large patio overlooking the boats in their slips, social distancing was easy. Staff wore masks and gloves, very pleasant and upbeat .. Down stairs bar was open, no bar stools, Several tables set up for social distancing. Very nice ambiance, fresh sea air, and good times.

Great waiter, a young man named Finn, who was excellent , upbeat and positive . We started off with a scotch and water for me, and a mohito for Erica. I had delicious Calamari Strips and a cup of the best Clam Chowder. Erica had a giant huge sea food salad . Both were excellent. Derek, one of our regular bar tenders , came over and we talk story for bit...more good vibes.

Harpoons, was very up beat, staff moving quickly, service excellent, food and drinks excellent add in Sunshine, and great views of the marina. Super fun afternoon .

I would imagine other places is south county would be about the same.

Everyone, staff and patrons were following the procedures, with big smiles, and sparlling eyes, happy talk and laughter.
Bye the bye.... we were seated immediately, no waiting.

Today ( thrs) : We will be having a Happy Birthday lunch up at Cedar Creek Restaurant in San Juan Capistrano. We have reservations for 1:30 pm for the outside arboretum / patio area. Cedar Creek is across from the Mission and another one of our fave places, usually for Saturday Night Date Nights.

With the re-opening, The bar serves drinks and food to the tables on the patio, but no seating directly at the indoor bar at this time. We will check today to see if the tables in the bar will be available. Need to witness with our own eyes.

There is the scoops for what we are now experiencing since the opening up a few days ago.

If everyone follows the procedures, as we are witnessing, more places will be back in biz for DINE IN......That is good.

Denny and Erica.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:01 AM

10,078 posts, read 6,176,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
Today ( thrs) : We will be having a Happy Birthday lunch up at Cedar Creek Restaurant in San Juan Capistrano. We have reservations for 1:30 pm for the outside arboretum / patio area. Cedar Creek is across from the Mission and another one of our fave places, usually for Saturday Night Date Nights.

With the re-opening, The bar serves drinks and food to the tables on the patio, but no seating directly at the indoor bar at this time. We will check today to see if the tables in the bar will be available. Need to witness with our own eyes.

There is the scoops for what we are now experiencing since the opening up a few days ago.

If everyone follows the procedures, as we are witnessing, more places will be back in biz for DINE IN......That is good.

Denny and Erica.
Thanks for your updates...they are good to read. We need more positive news and people with positive attitudes. My daughter is too young for bars but she has been down in Dana Point and SJC several times lately and is happy that some of her favorite lunch places have reopened. And Happy Birthday to whichever of you is celebrating...my birthday was Tuesday so at least one of you is close to me.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:49 AM

Great times at Cedar Creek , San Juan Capistrano...on thursday may 28..

Our Group of 3, Faradeen, our foxy hiking friend and myself ( May 23) had birthdays, Erica treated us all . And a very
haole la hanau ( Happy birthday ) to you as well , Saibot .

Thurs: Cedar Creek. Parking no problem at all, directly across the street next to the mission, plus the parking lot in the back of the shopping area. Zero wait. We did have 1:30 pm reservations for the patio.

They were serving drinks , but the bar area itself was closed. Some boozed up woman ran the red light in front of their building and plowed thru the wall into the bar after impacting another car who had the green light. The bar has been redone, wall rebuilt, but not serving in the bar at this time as they are waiting approval from the city inspectors.

No matter, they were definitely serving drinks on the patio, our waitress Betty ( all staff wear masks ), was super fun, bright, great personality, highly professional and was energetic and positive , Our meals were superb and the whole dining experience was fantastic.

The gals had super seafood salads, and I went of the tracks of health with a cup of clam chowder and a monster Monte
Cristo Sandwich. Dessert was a huge coconut creame cake, with vanilla ice creame that was amazing. It took the three of us, to finish it off. And yes, I have worked out at 5:00 am this Friday morning, and still not hungry for breakfast.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our day was not done, we wanted to check out the new Irish Bar. Just take a peek to see the new restaurant, now Paddy's at the train station area. Nicely remodeled, and we met the mgr, Jack, neat fellah, and then the owner ( Dave ) who also was an airline pilot, so we had flying in common. Also, he is from the south of Ireland, and we shared stories of our two vacations to Ireland, where we skipperd a 34 ft motor vessel up the river Shannon for a couple of weeks. Also a few days in Dublin to party down and take some historic tours. Loved Ireland and the Irish people.

Paddy's, has scheduled a band in the large dining area, with drinks and limited menu at the tables. Honestly, we felt right at home, and had a marvelous time talking story, sharing tales, and learning about the future haps at Paddy's.

We felt safe and followed the covid protocols, and had a great birthday celebration, and tasty meals, drinks, and fun. Friendship is precious cargo.

Oh, Le Horendelle, ( swallow in french ), is located across from the mission, opposite side of the street. Lately we have been to Horendelle for TAKE OUT a couple of times. Last saturday, ( actual b'day) we had take out, Erica, Orange Duck, and a full on prime filet for myself. No problem with parking, just across from the back side entry.

Talking with Ali, the owner, he had just received the news of the re-opening that sat. morning, and plans to be Dining In, later this week . We like it out on their arboretum style outside patio. Le horrendelle will also be following all of the requirements and safety regulations for Covid 19 . So , there is another option for our Sat. night date nights.

There is plenty of fun to be had here in south county, just takes a bit of compromise, investigation, and living a positive, yet safe life style.

Enjoy !

Denny and Erica

Old 05-29-2020, 09:18 AM

We're living vicariously through you, Denny. I was walking around the RSM lake last night and noticed that one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Carmelita's by the Lake, had reopened. They have an outdoor patio overlooking the lake and there were quite a few people enjoying dinner or cocktails there. I think my husband and I will have to have a belated anniversary (it was in April, but we were unable to do anything special) celebration there.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:54 PM

Well, Denny, you inspired us. Back in January we were given a gift card to the Dublin Gastropub on Oso in MV. We planned to use it on Valentine's Day, but that didn't work out for some reason, so we decided to save it for our anniversary in April....by then the place was completely shut down.

Last weekend I checked and they had reopened for takeout, so we were going to do that today. But going to order online, found out that they are now open for dining also. So we changed our plans, went on down and had a delicious dinner on site. I had the Gastro burger, and my husband got braised short ribs.

Even better than the food was just being out for dinner again! Apart from the fact that the server had a plastic face shield and the menu was printed on paper, you would never know anything had changed. We sat outside, but we could see through the window that there were plenty dining inside, and people kept coming. It was fun, and we'd go here again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County