Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2020, 09:53 PM

51 posts, read 31,653 times

Advertisements

Will we see this in OC too just as in New York?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/05...uburbs-frenzy/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha.../#20b6761932c6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 11:17 AM

460 posts, read 232,097 times
By now most are realizing that covid-flu thing was largely an overblown for-profit spin on something hardly worse than a regular flu and surely won't be basing their real estate purchases based on the fear of a flu-like virus, especially not when prices are about to head down...people will likely stick with whatever lifestyle and goals they had before.
The only reasons one might see extra movement out of dense areas is because many are recognizing particularly vicious totalitarian streak in big city authorities.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:12 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,359,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
By now most are realizing that covid-flu thing was largely an overblown for-profit spin on something hardly worse than a regular flu and surely won't be basing their real estate purchases based on the fear of a flu-like virus, especially not when prices are about to head down...people will likely stick with whatever lifestyle and goals they had before.
The only reasons one might see extra movement out of dense areas is because many are recognizing particularly vicious totalitarian streak in big city authorities.
In New York, bodies piled up outside of funeral homes, mass graves for the unclaimed were buried on Staten Island, and you say that it was the same as the flu? Maybe it wasn't bad in OC, but in NYC this was very real, and it is resulting in a change in lifestyle there for sure. You are foolish.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:26 PM

30,895 posts, read 36,946,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaminoDelAvion View Post
I have friends in SF who just bought in an East Bay suburb. It was definitely a confluence of factors for them, but they jumped on the opportunity to bid for a place during late March / early April when there was less competition. Of course, it's just anecdotal, but that's just what I've experienced in my world.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:27 PM

30,895 posts, read 36,946,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
In New York, bodies piled up outside of funeral homes, mass graves for the unclaimed were buried on Staten Island, and you say that it was the same as the flu? Maybe it wasn't bad in OC, but in NYC this was very real, and it is resulting in a change in lifestyle there for sure. You are foolish.
Landlock is a troll. It's best to not respond.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
As a nation we are mainly reactive not proactive. It was worse because NY is so clustered together. The problem was that we procrastinated so long to do a shutdown. And we simply were not medically ready for this. Again the reactive vs proactive. The typical thinking is why have all that stuff laying around and people when we could be using the money for other things. It’s really no different than any government bureaucracies that are wasteful in some ways and stingy in other ways.

Regardless our lifestyle of going out, cleanliness, medical care, interaction with people will completely be changed now and in the future. Until there is a vaccine. Because if we keep up the whole medical and cleanliness thing the next pandemic will be handled faster. It may not even take off. Eventually we will have some sort of procedure that works

Old 05-17-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
What nonsense. Nobody is buying these ridiculous garbage tales about covid-flu and brain fog lies.
These lies are worse then the virus, which is about the same mortality as FLU, get over it.
Some strains of FLU are have worse mortality.
Mortality of covid-flu in the US was between 0.2-0.33% worst case- this official, stated by top scientists and doctors and agreed upon range at this point.
Science had spoken, Stanford university researchers had spoken, NY researchers had spoken, Chair of Emergency Medicine of U of Pittsburg had spoken, Europe had spoken, numerous other scientists and doctors had spoken. Cuomo himself had admitted this extremely low mortality rate.
I believe real mortality rate is even lower, as many doctors state, as they've been counting non-covid deaths as covid, such as asymptomatic covid cases when person died for unrelated reasons. And this is being challenged right now
Nobody is buying your BS lies about the virus anymore. Don't even try.
Next thing will be another flu strain upcoming winter, and you'll get the same numbers. It's life.

Last edited by landlock; 05-17-2020 at 02:07 PM..

Old 05-17-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
As a nation we are mainly reactive not proactive. It was worse because NY is so clustered together. The problem was that we procrastinated so long to do a shutdown. And we simply were not medically ready for this. Again the reactive vs proactive. The typical thinking is why have all that stuff laying around and people when we could be using the money for other things. It’s really no different than any government bureaucracies that are wasteful in some ways and stingy in other ways.

Regardless our lifestyle of going out, cleanliness, medical care, interaction with people will completely be changed now and in the future. Until there is a vaccine. Because if we keep up the whole medical and cleanliness thing the next pandemic will be handled faster. It may not even take off. Eventually we will have some sort of procedure that works
No, interaction with people will not be comletely changed...only in the fantasy world of the sheep who want to be controlled.
Keep hoping for your "vaccine"...you likely won't get a working one, just like with flu (just don't force it on others, or you will get backlash like you never imagined).

Your "medical cleanliness" only will weaken your immune system and the next flu strain will be just more deadly - but it still will be just another flu-like illness.
Who cares...yawn.
Keep living in a fantasy world and your idiotic "shutdowns".
Sweden never done shutdown and never will. Not everyone is a sheep willing to give up all freedoms over fake-o-demic.
There won't be any more "shutdowns".
Rural sheriffs refuse to enforce these unconstitutional orders and many people refuse to wear masks, even.

Old 05-17-2020, 02:50 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
No, interaction with people will not be comletely changed...only in the fantasy world of the sheep who want to be controlled.
Keep hoping for your "vaccine"...you likely won't get a working one, just like with flu (just don't force it on others, or you will get backlash like you never imagined).

Your "medical cleanliness" only will weaken your immune system and the next flu strain will be just more deadly - but it still will be just another flu-like illness.
Who cares...yawn.
Keep living in a fantasy world and your idiotic "shutdowns".
Sweden never done shutdown and never will. Not everyone is a sheep willing to give up all freedoms over fake-o-demic.
There won't be any more "shutdowns".
Rural sheriffs refuse to enforce these unconstitutional orders and many people refuse to wear masks, even.
Bla bla bla bla. Pull your head out from whatever rock you live under and see that right now peoples interaction has changed. And certain people will not go back to the crowded restaurant bar stadium seating. Keep living in YOUR idiotic world where you think everything will be back to normal. Not everyone will go back to normal. And they aren’t required to if they dint feel safe. Either way it’s not your decision as to what they do. Mine either.

Where exactly did I say a vaccine is required? If you don’t want a vaccine don’t get one. You come down with CV19 no vaccine when one is available they shouldn’t have to treat you either. Seems fair to me.

You can refuse to wear a mask. But people also don’t have to be near you or have you in their shop or agree to come work for you.

As for me....I don’t give a damn what you do. I have said it previously. If you wanna have your shop open you should be able to keep it open. But people aren’t required to come in if they see you with no PPE. Or if they want to come in....again that’s their choice also. . Just like it’s your choice to be open. Don’t wanna wear a mask....don’t wear one. But dint get all pissy when someone says get out of my store or they say nope I don’t wanna d9 this job for you.

Btw I’m a essential worker so I’ve been working while most of the population is snug in their bed. And I’m working/responding in THREE hospitals where they do have CV19 patients. Feel free to call me a sheeple when 8 work 5 days a week and on call on weekends. . My work is already implementing a complete change of scheduling and interacting. It would be funny if it wasn’t so insanely ridiculous.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 05-17-2020 at 03:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County