U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2020, 11:33 PM
 
356 posts, read 217,834 times
Reputation: 195

Advertisements

What are some hot, famous spots to visit in Newport Beach?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2020, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Riverside Ca
22,165 posts, read 25,382,084 times
Reputation: 35091
The wedge
Little corona
The Pavillion restaurant
The fun zone
Lido theater
Back bay
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2020, 12:40 PM
 
585 posts, read 356,153 times
Reputation: 1576
I think the fun zone is largely gone.

Many people (like Mrs. EDJ) would find "Fascist Island" a notable place of interest to visit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2020, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Riverside Ca
22,165 posts, read 25,382,084 times
Reputation: 35091
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
I think the fun zone is largely gone.

Many people (like Mrs. EDJ) would find "Fascist Island" a notable place of interest to visit.
Yeah unfortunately it’s a big apartment building now.

The crab cooker is being rebuilt
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2020, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Corona del Mar & Coronado, CA
3,041 posts, read 1,780,973 times
Reputation: 3769
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
What are some hot, famous spots to visit in Newport Beach?
Famous for what? "Hot" to whom? A LOT more information on what you are looking for would be helpful. My favorite "famous spot" in Newport Beach is riding the Balboa Island Ferry.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2020, 09:13 PM
 
356 posts, read 217,834 times
Reputation: 195
What clubs in Newport do most ppl frequent in the past?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2020, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Corona del Mar & Coronado, CA
3,041 posts, read 1,780,973 times
Reputation: 3769
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxalleycat View Post
What clubs in Newport do most ppl frequent in the past?
Newport Beach isn't a "club" kind of place unless you mean yacht clubs, tennis clubs and golf clubs. There are some popular bars, many of which are on the Balboa Peninsula near the Newport Pier/Lido area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Dana Point, Ca
251 posts, read 243,429 times
Reputation: 611
It has been a while, but I had great times living on balboa island, the peninsula , and corona del mar.

Then more recen years, Huntington Harbor for me, and Erica Seal Beach. We would also frequent the other beach towns to keep the fun light lit .

We rode bikes along the beach and coastal trials, belonged to a sailing club and did passages to Catalina Island, and other ports along our socal coast. We also had fun international sailing flotillas...flew and then skippered sailing vessels in Australia, Tahiti, Tonga, much of the Caribbean , Ireland and Greece. Also, made long time friends thru the sailing club.
this was not a yacht club. You took lessons, passed tests and check outs, and then skippered the clubs sailing vessels from 27 on up to 55 footers. There were share a sail parties, wed night mid week break sails....meeting new people and making long time friends.

There were many, many neat places to frequent for fun and good times. Some are probably still around.

Billy's at the Beach on PCH Newport Beach. On the water, great view, etc.
Village Inn on Balboa Island
Many , many other restaurants on the water along PCH, and the balboa peninsula, etc.
Corona Del Mar : Tommy Bahamas

Bike riding both directions on coastal beach path trails.
Beaching it, swimming, surfing, etc.

Huntington Beach main street and pier area.

Comes down to , if you are active, there are plenty of things to do that would suit your lifestyle.

Welcome to Newport

Denny and Erica
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2020, 04:43 PM
 
873 posts, read 320,274 times
Reputation: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
It has been a while, but I had great times living on balboa island, the peninsula , and corona del mar.

Then more recen years, Huntington Harbor for me, and Erica Seal Beach. We would also frequent the other beach towns to keep the fun light lit .

We rode bikes along the beach and coastal trials, belonged to a sailing club and did passages to Catalina Island, and other ports along our socal coast. We also had fun international sailing flotillas...flew and then skippered sailing vessels in Australia, Tahiti, Tonga, much of the Caribbean , Ireland and Greece. Also, made long time friends thru the sailing club.
this was not a yacht club. You took lessons, passed tests and check outs, and then skippered the clubs sailing vessels from 27 on up to 55 footers. There were share a sail parties, wed night mid week break sails....meeting new people and making long time friends.

There were many, many neat places to frequent for fun and good times. Some are probably still around.

Billy's at the Beach on PCH Newport Beach. On the water, great view, etc.
Village Inn on Balboa Island
Many , many other restaurants on the water along PCH, and the balboa peninsula, etc.
Corona Del Mar : Tommy Bahamas

Bike riding both directions on coastal beach path trails.
Beaching it, swimming, surfing, etc.

Huntington Beach main street and pier area.

Comes down to , if you are active, there are plenty of things to do that would suit your lifestyle.

Welcome to Newport

Denny and Erica
You and Erica just have too much fun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2020, 04:02 PM
 
Location: C.R. K-Tex
5,684 posts, read 9,784,785 times
Reputation: 3137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
I think the fun zone is largely gone.

Many people (like Mrs. EDJ) would find "Fascist Island" a notable place of interest to visit.
Fashion Island is the only publicly accessible lookout with ocean views close to the coast. That lookout from the mall entrance next to Macy's of the ocean and Balboa is the closest that commoners view the coastal scenery. Newport Coast above the mall is pretty elite and exclusive--definitely Fascist.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top