U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 06:50 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,780,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Go research the water quality before you question someone. A few in OC and several in SD. Further away from LA, it just happens to be cleaner. Imagine that?
I open water swim and places that I regularly swim are Coronado, La Jolla Cove, Fletcher Cove, Moonlight Beach, Corona del Mar Beach and Newport Pier. I never see a difference in water quality or clarity in any of them unless it is immediately after a rainstorm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 07:09 PM

2,920 posts, read 6,876,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Thanks, I did that. South OC and North SD are both very clean overall. The ocean does not know where the county line is. Both counties have a small area or two which is not too clean due to runoff.

I also notice you fail to mention that the water in South SD near the Mexican border is not clean at all. Farther away from Mexico, it happens to be cleaner. Imagine that?

Cause we’re talking about North SD. Point of reference doesn’t include Mexico me thinks.

https://healthebay.org/wp-content/up...019_FINAL2.pdf

Read and learn how wrong you are. Orange County has clean beaches but it also has some of the dirtiest too. Not a single SD beach.

Multiple entities use the “heal the bay” as factual evidence. So if that’s not good enough for you go find some fake news.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:35 PM

10,078 posts, read 6,176,499 times
Quote:
Cause we’re talking about North SD. Point of reference doesn’t include Mexico me thinks.
And you brought up Los Angeles because it's okay to refer to Los Angeles with talking about OC but not okay to mention Mexico when talking about SD. Ooookayy.

Quote:
Read and learn how wrong you are. Orange County has clean beaches but it also has some of the dirtiest too. Not a single SD beach.
That report was from last year, not now. SD has some nasty ocean water. It's not in north county but it most certainly is in SD. Graphic here: County of San Diego Beach Water Quality

Old 07-01-2020, 12:00 PM

251 posts, read 243,429 times
Thinking about San Clemente.....

Also, on our radar......great hiking areas near by.

Also beach and pier area , and del mar street. Kind of like main street home town beach style. Fun restaurants and bars, shops. and live music as well.

PCH, pacific coast hwy, also has bars and restaurants, some with a short walk of Del Mar. If moving to San Clemente we would like something walking distance to Del Mar Street, and the ocean.

San Clemente is about far south in Orange County that we would want to reside....further toward oceanside is a border inspection station, that can get rather heavy with freeway traffic when headed up to San Clamente, Dana Point, northbound.

Not very familar with San Diego County, but, this month we have to vacate for a couple of days due to work being done , remodeling the bathroom....and we have decided on two or three day, stay cation in CARLSBAD.....seems like a great place with plenty of activities, and also closer to San Diego.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:15 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,780,973 times
Quote:
We are talking about North County SD and South OC. If Mexico shouldn't be mentioned, neither should LA.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:03 AM

2,920 posts, read 6,876,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
We are talking about North County SD and South OC. If Mexico shouldn't be mentioned, neither should LA.
You realize Long Beach is considered LA County right? So Bolsa and Huntington being a few miles away from LB is a key factor.

Nonetheless, seems like some are incapable of being unbiased. I lived in SD and live in OC. I really like Dana Point but the water quality isn’t as good as Carlsbad.

To the OP, Carlsbad is real chill but more expensive than San Clemente. Definitely closer to other things too. But I’d say it’s way more family oriented.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:54 AM

10,078 posts, read 6,176,499 times
Quote:
You realize Long Beach is considered LA County right? So Bolsa and Huntington being a few miles away from LB is a key factor.
Bolsa Chica and Huntington are not in South OC.

Not sure why you are so determined to make a point that water on one side of the SD/OC county line is SO MUCH CLEANER than water on the other side, but clearly nothing is going to change your mind, so how about we drop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County