U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 08:01 PM

1,195 posts, read 548,720 times

Advertisements

Not to be a downer, but before you set your sights on Rossmoor (or Seal Beach, etc.), maybe do a quick search for homes for sale in those communities. Sadly, your $1 million budget will only go so far (like not far enough for Rossmoor unless you want a house that backs to the freeway).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 08:43 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,351,853 times
Maybe consider Signal Hill. I have a friend that lives over there in a nice house with views, but it is a hillside lot so the back yard isn't big. I think that neighborhood runs around $1-1.2, but there may be a less expensive neighborhood there. Here's something in that area:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...50347680_zpid/

There are also some good areas in Long Beach itself, but you may have better luck in the LA forum. The Belmont Shore area of Long Beach is probably out of your price range.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:48 AM

20 posts, read 33,136 times
Texamichiforniasota. That is a nice house and i appreciate you providing the link. i can go up to 1.2 but it seems so crazy. i live in a 6,000 sq foot house now for 700K. lol i know i cannot get that in OC but cookie cutter style is something i really like. thank you! I will have to check out Signal Hill more closely....

Old 07-10-2020, 08:01 AM

585 posts, read 356,153 times
The "problem" with Signal Hill is the city consists of a single uprisen hill surrounded by entirely flat Long Beach. You may "live" in Signal Hill but all your shopping, access to boulevards and freeways, medical care, etc will be in Long Beach.

"Problem" is in quotes for emphasis because not everyone will consider that an issue muchless a problem.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:32 AM

1,195 posts, read 548,720 times
Well, that extra $.2 million makes a difference! I agree with Texamichiforniasota to post on the Los Angeles forum to ask about desirable areas in Long Beach. I know they exist, but not where exactly. Are you concerned about schools? If so, another tool I've found helpful is schooldigger.com.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:33 AM

20 posts, read 33,136 times
ElDiabloJoe Thank you of the potential "problem".
i am not concerned about the schools (thank goodness) as my kids are just out of high school. But you know how it goes.. the better the school district the better the area and the quicker houses sell. I know...why am i thinking of selling already when i haven't bought yet but i have also moved and sold many times. One of my homes in Connecticut took 9 months to sell. it wasn't fun!
I will look into the LA Forum. i didn't know that Long Beach was in LA county.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:16 PM

56 posts, read 25,402 times
Why is everyone so negative about commutes? Just move out of the state already if you don’t like it! Move to Arkansas!
Back to topic, 30-40mins is not that bad really.
Bad is when you are going into downtown LA and beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County