U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 08:23 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,780,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Sure, that's true, and maybe it's just me, but I have never considered Newport Beach to be South OC.
Who said Newport Beach is South OC? It isn't, it's Coastal OC. As a 3rd generation Orange Countian (my grand kids are 5th generation) I consider "South County" those "new" cities, NOT Laguna Beach, South Laguna, SJC, Capo Beach and SC. Those too are "Coastal OC".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 05:40 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,829,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Who said Newport Beach is South OC? It isn't, it's Coastal OC. As a 3rd generation Orange Countian (my grand kids are 5th generation) I consider "South County" those "new" cities, NOT Laguna Beach, South Laguna, SJC, Capo Beach and SC. Those too are "Coastal OC".
I consider everything that surrounds Laguna Beach as a corporate poseur burb that uses the 'Laguna' name and attaches 'hills' 'niguel' or 'woods' to affect desirability. South Laguna was once low end Laguna where the cheap apartments were. SJC has the most history and charm and is first to Laguna Beach in age. Lake Forest was once El Toro and was where many middle class people from Laguna Beach would do their shopping at K-Mart and what was then El Toro mall. The El Toro marine base was there as well.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM

2,540 posts, read 836,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
People bash Irvine as boring, but then they go on to rave about how great South OC is. I'm not sure how Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, RSM, and Also Viejo, etc. Are any more exciting or interesting than Irvine.
Imagine how the residents of Lake Forest feel. Their City is named after a freeway offramp. Now, THAT's embarrassing...

Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Imagine how the residents of Lake Forest feel. Their City is named after a freeway offramp. Now, THAT's embarrassing..
The Off Ramp was named after the area and the road leading into the area. The was a development built partly on two lakes and partly in a forest of old Eucalyptus trees planted for use as lumber and railway ties for the Santa Fe Railroad.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:18 PM

2,923 posts, read 1,947,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Imagine how the residents of Lake Forest feel. Their City is named after a freeway offramp. Now, THAT's embarrassing...
Where did you get that information?

http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Forest,_California

Old 07-27-2020, 10:26 PM

10,203 posts, read 8,520,934 times
I thought Irvine is SGV in the OC. Isnt UC Irvine very asian?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:40 PM

2,923 posts, read 1,947,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Uhhhhh...what's your point?

Old 07-28-2020, 02:58 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,829,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Uhhhhh...what's your point?
He's asking if Irvine is very asian. How do you not understand that? Yes it is. I like asian girls preferably 21-23 years old.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Yes, the City of Irvine is 41% Asian and I think UCI is 60% Asian. You find a lot of Chinese restaurants with branches in both Irvine and the SGV.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:34 PM

5,600 posts, read 8,654,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
No. Other than Laguna, Newport and a few other coastal communities, OC all looks/feels the same to me. Very monotonous.
This x1000. I speed through the seemingly ever repeating treadmill of chain stores, restaurants, squat glass office towers and tightly packed tile-roofed houses for an hour or so and breathe a sigh of relief and experience a snap back to consciousness when I finally get through it in my way to fun LA or back down to beautiful San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County