Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 09:21 PM

252 posts, read 416,900 times

Advertisements

NFL....

We, Erica and I rabid NFL fans.

As to the population here. Fact: People here are from all over the USA, and cheer on their long time favorite teams. That is good. It is a great time at the sports bars with folks having a grand and exciting experience.

Just how we feel, and I am a born and raised californian, with 10 years of full time on Kauai , Hi.

Do we want the Rams, Chargers, Raiders and 49'ers to play great football. You betcha,
So, we will cheer for them, but.... we also highly respect the teams with great owners, coaching, super talented players , and overall excellence in all the categories that it takes to win.

So, our fave teams vary... K.C. Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens, Packers, New England ( the pats are now an unknown....depends on their performance. ). Also like the Houston Texans, and the Dallas Cowboys. And, still want our calif teams to win as well.

We just cheer for who ever comes to play ball and puts in 110% effort.

Actually, I have a whole drawer full of different favorite team jerseys.

That is just us....we do not live, and die or commit suicide over any specific NFL team.

We actually live an active life of real adventure, so life is more than just the NFL. but during the regular season, we are enjoying, Sunday, Monday, and Thursday NFL games to the max.

Denny and Erica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 09:28 PM

9,879 posts, read 5,540,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
My wife is a Cowboys fan. I could care less about NFL. I’m not a big NFL watcher
What with you being an electrician the Chargers would seem a logical choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Chargers couldn't sell out a soccer stadium last year and were essentially the road team (in terms of fan turnout) for all their home games. LA is a terrible football market from a per capita perspective but because of the size of the media (TV) market, I guess it makes sense.
The NFL really should have let the Raiders move back to LA since they were already the most popular team there by a long shot -- maybe even more fans in the LA area than the Bay area -- and sent one of the other two teams to Vegas and found a new home altogether for the third team. It was a mistake to let two teams move to L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbar View Post
I grew up in Orange County. Closer to LA is more Raidera fans, but further south you have more Chargers fans. In my experience, a lot of Mexican people are Raidera fans regardless of the town they live in.
Of course the Rams there there now, not sure how they fit into the picture though, I moved out of state in 2014.
They were in LA for half a century before moving to STL so I'd guess they had at least some residual fan base among the old-timers anxious to welcome them back. Or maybe everyone simply forgot or found a different team to latch onto.

Last edited by Bitey; 08-18-2020 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-19-2020, 01:19 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,348,131 times
My OC friend's husband is born-and-bred OC and he's a die-hard Raiders (and USC) fan. He's in his mid-60s so he must've started following them when they were still in Oakland.

P.S. My cousin is a coach for the Raiders, wondering how he'll enjoy Vegas. I think they'll have a strong fan base, though -- lots of transplants that will be supporting their home team now.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:33 AM

9,879 posts, read 5,540,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
My OC friend's husband is born-and-bred OC and he's a die-hard Raiders (and USC) fan. He's in his mid-60s so he must've started following them when they were still in Oakland.

P.S. My cousin is a coach for the Raiders, wondering how he'll enjoy Vegas. I think they'll have a strong fan base, though -- lots of transplants that will be supporting their home team now.
Plus it's a fairly easy weekend road trip for their LA-based fan base.

Old 08-19-2020, 10:34 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,260,938 times
"Who is Orange County's NFL Team?"

USC

Old 08-23-2020, 01:29 PM

6,549 posts, read 6,584,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
The NFL really should have let the Raiders move back to LA since they were already the most popular team there by a long shot.
Have thought the same thing. Vegas would have supported anyone and would have been a much better spot for the Chargers.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:24 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,272,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
"Who is Orange County's NFL Team?"

USC
Yes. The best professional team in college sports.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:16 PM

82 posts, read 125,047 times
49ers, all the other football teams in California are lousy.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:31 AM

60 posts, read 55,934 times
When I lived in Brea back in the mid-1980's, the students in my class were fans of different NFL teams: One was a Miami Dolphins fan, the other one loved the Chicago Bears...and I was a fan of the Washington Redskins. Also in basketball, I was a Lakers fan and I very well remember that I had a heated conversation with another classmate who was a Celtics fan over which was the better team...and I was surprised that the other classmates stood by him and they even said that the Lakers sucked. This was during the days of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, and Michael Cooper. In short, I didn't find dedicated fans in Brea of any LA based team; whether in the NFL or in the NBA.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:06 PM

34 posts, read 36,550 times
I'm a Denver Native who lives in Newport Beach. Go Broncos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County