U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 10:38 PM

3,281 posts, read 4,099,151 times

Advertisements

Rams? Chargers? Raiders?

Curious who OC roots for with all the recent franchise moves around it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 12:44 AM

22,165 posts, read 25,371,892 times
My wife is a Cowboys fan. I could care less about NFL. I’m not a big NFL watcher

Old 08-18-2020, 01:34 AM

4,999 posts, read 6,765,526 times
When I lived out there, nobody really cared about the NFL. I was at a bar the night before opening day of the NFL season and some guy mentioned "big day tomorrow". I responded something about opening day, and he said no, he was talking about the Long Beach Car Show, he doesn't care much about football, people there are more about individual sports etc. etc. I was surprised L.A. had two NFL teams.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:12 AM

4,154 posts, read 2,615,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
When I lived out there, nobody really cared about the NFL. I was at a bar the night before opening day of the NFL season and some guy mentioned "big day tomorrow". I responded something about opening day, and he said no, he was talking about the Long Beach Car Show, he doesn't care much about football, people there are more about individual sports etc. etc. I was surprised L.A. had two NFL teams.
Chargers couldn't sell out a soccer stadium last year and were essentially the road team (in terms of fan turnout) for all their home games. LA is a terrible football market from a per capita perspective but because of the size of the media (TV) market, I guess it makes sense.

Old 08-18-2020, 08:28 AM

67 posts, read 28,100 times
I grew up in Orange County. Closer to LA is more Raidera fans, but further south you have more Chargers fans. In my experience, a lot of Mexican people are Raidera fans regardless of the town they live in.
Of course the Rams there there now, not sure how they fit into the picture though, I moved out of state in 2014.

Old 08-18-2020, 09:03 AM

872 posts, read 318,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Rams? Chargers? Raiders?

Curious who OC roots for with all the recent franchise moves around it.
When I was growing up I was a Ram's fan. When they moved I quit being one, and now I rarely watch football games anymore.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:34 AM

964 posts, read 400,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Chargers couldn't sell out a soccer stadium last year and were essentially the road team (in terms of fan turnout) for all their home games. LA is a terrible football market from a per capita perspective but because of the size of the media (TV) market, I guess it makes sense.
That was a good thing for me. I was able to take my son who is a big Charger fan to a game buying tickets last minute (day of game). Great seats on the second tier first row close to the 50 yard line. He had a great time.

OC really doesn't have a team per say. In our home, we have a Charger fan, Dolphin fan and Ravens fan. The problem with LA/OC is there are a lot of fair weather fans. If teams are winning, you will see much more support for the teams.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:30 PM

13,131 posts, read 8,166,531 times
The other factor are the many transplants who often root for their old hometown team.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:07 PM

142 posts, read 181,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The other factor are the many transplants who often root for their old hometown team.
Pretty much this. Although, for what it's worth, the Chargers were assigned to our TV market for a long time, even when they were in San Diego.

People around here seem more into college teams (UCLA and USC) than the NFL.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:14 PM

9,942 posts, read 16,055,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post

And don't forget, they went well over 2 decades without a football team, which considering they are the 2nd largest US media market is very telling....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County