Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 02:47 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,640,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronavirus2020 View Post
Thank you all. This is all great info. very helpful.

Yes, looks like Dana Point is sounding more and more my type of town. Cant wait to move. There was a sudden burst of numerous listings from OC (even south county) since yesterday... I am becoming hopeful.
Dana Point would be a great choice. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 03:23 PM

14,204 posts, read 11,469,987 times
I love Dana Point. We spend lots of time at the beaches there.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:16 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,036,690 times
your neighbor/pet/HOA questions cannot be generalized to entire cities. Each will vary block by block or street by street.

beach parking: that's for you to discover! I have my secret parking spots and I will never share! First come first serve!

State + County beaches like Huntington or Bolsa Chica are $14 per car, there's "generally plenty" except on a holiday weekend like today, then there is NONE and the lineup spills out onto PCH. For some places like the Newport Balboa Peninsula, there's a LED banner that will tell you when the island is FULL and there is no more parking - believe it its not lying.

Many posters have experience about the extreme southern portion of OC - I avoid. (ex-gf chose Crystal Cove south to Dana Point as her turf, I might get beat up if she finds me there)

For your qualms about anti-Maskers/BLM flap, that is a function of the Filter Bubble that Google + Facebook is putting on you. Get out there in real life, on the street, look people in the eye and you'll see MOST people are decent reasonable people. Those videos are a manufactured product designed to incite + upset you emotionally. I have LOOKED for protestor crowds that would allegiedly be in front of the po-lease station on such-and-such day, there wasn't a single human being when I drove by.

Where you land is determined by whats in your bank account, most of OC is a happy dream compared to the extremes of the surrounding Counties.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:17 AM

122 posts, read 369,496 times
Re: Beach parking

You can purchase an Orange County Parking pass which gives free parking at Orange County owned beaches(Aliso Creek, Salt Creek and Capistrano Beach in So. County). See the particulars here: https://www.ocparks.com/about/fees/pass

Some beaches are state run(Doheny and San Clemente State Beach) and you'd need a California parking pass for those: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1049

In addition, you can purchase a San Clemente parking pass which gives you free parking at the pier and various parking areas along the beach trail. https://www.san-clemente.org/i-am-a-...arking-permits

You can always pay for parking at any area hourly or for the day.

Re: HOA's
HOA's vary greatly in regard to their rules and how stringently they are enforced. Always assume that all rules are enforced. You can't generalize HOA's by city.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:40 PM

236 posts, read 193,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
Dana Point, and south county.....Been in Orange County since 1955 . After retirement, we moved from Seal Beach and Huntington Harbor to Kauai Island , Hawaii for 10 years. We moved back to the mainland, and chose Dana Point, and have been here for five years now, and absolutely love it.

Many of the people here in south county have Aloha, and don;t even know it. , great people, friendly, helpful, and easy to meet and talk story with. That is not everyone , but we share greetings, with the happy folks , and life is good.

Dogs: Dana Point is like the dog capital of the planet. However, many dog owners have zero knowledge on how to train or socialize their dogs. Leashes should be 6 ft, so that the owner has control. We see some owners with those fishing reel super long wire leashes, that are absolutely useless, and the dog is walking the owner, and not under control. Other , have trained their animals to heel, and the owner is the pack leader, not the dog. And, I love dogs, and dogs love me.

Wearing masks, no big deal for those who respect others:

Everywhere we go, and I will get to how we handle the rules and covid in a bit...but we see people here in Dana Point, and our sister towns of San Juan Capistrano, and San Clemente wearing masks, and practicing social distancing. No problem. Going out, we wear our masks into and out of the open air areas of the restaurants, and also to the markets and stores, and even if going into gas stations to pay for the fuel. Dana Point harbor, they want us to wear masks, when walking around the Marina, we do that. So do most others.

The not wearing a mask bunch, who say their constitutional rights are being stepped on, are in the minority, and most of them have not done a thing to serve this country and actually earned their citizenship. From what we see the great majority of people here in south county are definitely following all of the rules, and respecting others.

We do not wear our masks when on the hiking the coastal, inland and wilderness trails. But, we do keep our distances when passing others, fact is we see very few people on the trails, other than walking the beach, and shore line.

Beach Parking....GO EARLY for open beach parking. Some you have to pay a small parking fee....Doheney Beach, we have a pass, also just a few bucks a year. We also have a pass for Crystal Cove, beach and trails ( north of Laguna Beach ).

Also, in our moving back pre planning, we wanted to be within walking distance to the beach, we found that property in Dana Point, and can walk to Salt Creek Beach, and Stands Beach in a very few short minutes. And, sometimes instead of driving down to Dana Point Harbor and Marina, we will walk from home . Very nice walk, and have lunch and a libation, walk along the boats, and enjoy the day, and fresh ocean breezes

Over the years, here in OC, I have lived in many, many different towns and cities, at the beach and inland, and we absolutely love living in Dana Point, and visiting our sister towns, and hiking the many trails, going out to dinner...( open air seating ) for date nights, and after long hikes . There are many great places and a fun and a great variety of foods , drinks and ambiance. we also have found, very nice view bbq parks, so we add that to our positive life style.

South Orange County is a marvelous place to live, and we make our own good times.....even during Covid, and following the procedures set up by the knowledgeable and professional organizations. Oh, we do not drink Lysol as proposed by
the white house.

Just quickly, a few of our fave going out for dinner , and drinks. We choose places that are open air, and follow the safety rules for covid. This is not all of them, but will give you a bit of a heads up.

Dana Point: Watermans, Harpoon Henrys, Salt Creek, Chart House, Carlos Mexican, Jimmys, Proud Mary's, Jacks's,
Brio Tuscany, and several more.

San Juan Capistrano: Le Horrendile, Cedar Creek, Trevors by the Tracks, etc.

Again,, those are just a few, and when this Covid ends, there are many, many more that have indoor seating.

Others have helped you with the HOA, and home ownership in Orange County.

No matter your decision, have a grand time in your new HOME TOWN.

I had to comment because the misunderstanding on masks is so huge, it is shocking. Masked citizens do not offer any intelligent science as to why they wear the thing. They also dismiss the many credible reasons many people cannot wear a face covering. Asthma, Copd, ptsd, the lack of oxygen, the desire to not suppress your immune system by breathing dangerous co2. Your comment ~ The not wearing a mask bunch, who say their constitutional rights are being stepped on, are in the minority, and most of them have not done a thing to serve this country and actually earned their citizenship.

1. what in the world does a mask mandate illegally jammed down our throats with all science to the contrary have to do with being a US citizen
2. there is no viable intelligent science which shows evidence that a mask will save someone from a virus which has a 98 percent survival rate
3. the law should be followed by ALL and the mask mandate is illegal, its not a law. an illegal mandate is not something all of us will bow down to.
4. many folks have been bound, gagged, choked and assaulted making the forced wearing of any facial covering a major trauma
5. it is not your choice who and when someone wears a mask since none of you can prove any evidence it helps anyone
6. there is no emergency.....so no need to choke out the world with the ugly non sensical mask which never was backed by OSHA to begin with
7. masks are now causing mouth infections and hypercapnia in which rebreathing dirty co2, meant to be Exhaled, is now creating irregular heartbeat and headaches.

Good to know the kinds of folks out there tho. Theres so much intelligent science out there which proves the mask was never meant to protect anyone. They will be taking more of your rights away.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/4xkOxL3UF3M7/

Last edited by goldenwings; 10-04-2020 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: editing error

Old 10-04-2020, 10:45 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,383,353 times
Don't come. Not worth the money.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:06 AM

26,594 posts, read 26,486,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
Masked citizens do not offer any intelligent science as to why they wear the thing. Theres so much intelligent science out there which proves the mask was never meant to protect anyone. They will be taking more of your rights away.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/4xkOxL3UF3M7/
You're quoting a hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists.

The platform was created in 2017 to allow video uploaders to avoid content rules enforcement on YouTube.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitChute

Old 10-05-2020, 11:19 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,781,146 times
Quote:

3. How hands on are the HOA’s? Which city has the strictest HOA’s? How strict is strict?
Unless it's been supplanted by a more toxic North Korea-style regime to its south, the People's Republik of Irvine answers #3.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:09 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,913,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

I do know that our friends in Aliso Viejo have to deal with a much more stringent HOA, which has rules such as requiring cars to be parked in the garage only. Our friends were reported by someone for parking their car on the driveway (they had moved a parent into their house, and her furniture was temporarily taking up garage space). I would have a difficult time dealing with that level of regulation. But it varies so much by city and people who live in other OC cities will have to report on their own situation. Some areas don't have an HOA at all.
Dang, Also Viejo! Even in Irvine's new neighborhoods, which all have HOAs, I see street parking everywhere!

Old 10-14-2020, 12:25 AM

82 posts, read 125,333 times
Quote:
4. Why are there so many anti-masker and/or anti-BLM videos coming out of OC? What is happening? Every time I hit re-fresh, there is a new anti-masker screaming at people in a store and 70% of the time, it’s a video from OC. What has happened to OC to contribute to this culture? Which city might one hide in to avoid this kind of unpleasant scene?
Why don't you move to Portland where there are lot's of pleasant scenes of BLM/Antifa bashing in store windows, setting cars of fire and throwing bricks at police? The reason you should want to move to Orange County is because those things aren't happening there. But no, the biggest threat is a person who doesn't want to wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County