Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 12:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,405 times

Advertisements

Moving from OC does suck especially if you realize that you felt that you were actually growing here and call this place no place I'd rather be than OC.

For me, when I went lived there for about 6 months in Irvine, the only close friend I had was none other than my childhood friend whom I grew up due to how close his parents were to my parents. After a day I moved in, I enrolled in Pioneer Middle School as a 6th grader where all of a sudden after a month, I became increasingly popular with not just the girls but mostly my entire class with some from the upperclassmen. It was the best moments of my life while at the same time it was challenging due to the academic curriculum that has laid upon Pioneer or that I had tough teachers to deal with. Never before had I felt growth in my life and it really helped me mature as I went along the way. Also never before had I made this many friends along the way to the point that I made few close friends that will eventually become my best friends. I even fell in love in first sight with a girl at my school only to turn out to be interested in others but realize that the one I loved first will always be the one I cherish for the rest of my life. One thing I did regret though was not buying a yearbook as soon as possible and not signing this many signatures due to how busy I was with other people. What I did not expect was that I had to move to a new place which made me felt bitter to that very moment and time to the point that I swore I would come back one day even college. It made me thought how I could have spent more time with the people I like and the girl I love to the max just now since I thought I could stay longer than ever.

The place I moved to suck and I made no close friends there since the only friends I have were at OC. Not to mention I was suffering depression and identity crisis since my dad wouldn't allow me to see them nor was I afraid to exchange contacts since they may move on without me. Yet to this day I still think and ponder about their lives and was told by my childhood friend that everyone misses me and what he told them was my new address which is about it. I still was able to move on but I felt like OC was where my heart belongs and no matter where I move, it will always be OC in the end no matter what you say.

2 years later when I hung out with my childhood friend, I saw my former classmate and he did not recognize me with the addition of him maturing and changing. Never thought the day came I would see him again but I realize at that point some people did forget me even though not all of them have forgotten me. I just keep hoping to this day that one day we will see each other and even if they don't remember me, we can always forge a new friendship or just catch up to old times as strangers. 15 years later, I finally bought the yearbook I so desired to search for and it took me way back to those good old days, the very peak of my life.

If only I was this capable of being a sheer intellect, athletic, and a solid character, maybe things would have turned out for the better. What is more better if I grew up with those people, I would have a better life to the point that OC is my home.

Even in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, I attempt to add them and send them a message with a brief world of hello, it is still a gamble to see if they can recognize me. I am now pursuing into getting to reconnect them with all of my efforts.

Recently I was able to catch up with one of my old classmates and though he has no memory of me or back then due to moving a lot, he didn't mind being in touch with me to stay positive in these tough times.

I hate my parents and this reality for making this way and it's just not fair for things to move on like this. OC was my future and I have every right to deserve everything I want in this world.

What about your experiences? Interested to hear your thoughts on how you can relate to mine. No one ever wants to leave OC even Cali and that was my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 02:49 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,743,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m_1999 View Post
Moving from OC does suck especially if you realize that you felt that you were actually growing here and

I hate my parents and this reality for making this way and it's just not fair for things to move on like this. OC was my future and I have every right to deserve everything I want in this world.

What about your experiences? Interested to hear your thoughts on how you can relate to mine. No one ever wants to leave OC even Cali and that was my experience.
There is your problem.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:11 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,886,341 times
Quote:
Moving from OC does suck especially if you realize that you felt that you were actually growing here and call this place no place I'd rather be than OC.

For me, when I went lived there for about 6 months in Irvine, the only close friend I had was none other than my childhood friend whom I grew up due to how close his parents were to my parents. After a day I moved in, I enrolled in Pioneer Middle School as a 6th grader where all of a sudden after a month, I became increasingly popular with not just the girls but mostly my entire class with some from the upperclassmen. It was the best moments of my life while at the same time it was challenging due to the academic curriculum that has laid upon Pioneer or that I had tough teachers to deal with. Never before had I felt growth in my life and it really helped me mature as I went along the way. Also never before had I made this many friends along the way to the point that I made few close friends that will eventually become my best friends. I even fell in love in first sight with a girl at my school only to turn out to be interested in others but realize that the one I loved first will always be the one I cherish for the rest of my life. One thing I did regret though was not buying a yearbook as soon as possible and not signing this many signatures due to how busy I was with other people. What I did not expect was that I had to move to a new place which made me felt bitter to that very moment and time to the point that I swore I would come back one day even college. It made me thought how I could have spent more time with the people I like and the girl I love to the max just now since I thought I could stay longer than ever.

The place I moved to suck and I made no close friends there since the only friends I have were at OC. Not to mention I was suffering depression and identity crisis since my dad wouldn't allow me to see them nor was I afraid to exchange contacts since they may move on without me. Yet to this day I still think and ponder about their lives and was told by my childhood friend that everyone misses me and what he told them was my new address which is about it. I still was able to move on but I felt like OC was where my heart belongs and no matter where I move, it will always be OC in the end no matter what you say.

2 years later when I hung out with my childhood friend, I saw my former classmate and he did not recognize me with the addition of him maturing and changing. Never thought the day came I would see him again but I realize at that point some people did forget me even though not all of them have forgotten me. I just keep hoping to this day that one day we will see each other and even if they don't remember me, we can always forge a new friendship or just catch up to old times as strangers. 15 years later, I finally bought the yearbook I so desired to search for and it took me way back to those good old days, the very peak of my life.

If only I was this capable of being a sheer intellect, athletic, and a solid character, maybe things would have turned out for the better. What is more better if I grew up with those people, I would have a better life to the point that OC is my home.

Even in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, I attempt to add them and send them a message with a brief world of hello, it is still a gamble to see if they can recognize me. I am now pursuing into getting to reconnect them with all of my efforts.

Recently I was able to catch up with one of my old classmates and though he has no memory of me or back then due to moving a lot, he didn't mind being in touch with me to stay positive in these tough times.

I would recommend give it a chance, work hard in school, plus go to college, study for a career that would pay you enough to be able to afford living in Orange County someday. Hard to get what you think you deserve without working towards a goal.

Old 09-16-2020, 12:26 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,197,505 times
Quote:

You sound really entitled and whiny. You want something like you described.....you work for it. The bill of rights gives you the right to happiness. How you define and get it is up to you.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:32 PM

14,182 posts, read 11,431,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You sound really entitled and whiny. You want something like you described.....you work for it. The bill of rights gives you the right to happiness. How you define and get it is up to you.
You left out a word...the right to the pursuit of happiness. That implies that you have to actually pursue, i.e. do something, to get happiness, and does not promise that you will achieve it.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
You left out a word...the right to the pursuit of happiness. That implies that you have to actually pursue, i.e. do something, to get happiness, and does not promise that you will achieve it.
Yes you’re right. How you pursue it it’s up to you

Old 09-16-2020, 06:57 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,936,319 times
the pursuit of happiness is in the declaration of independence, it doesn't appear anywhere in the constitution (including the bill of rights).

That being said, Im originally from NY, and moved to Orange County, CA in 1991. I had no desire to move back to New York. In 208 i made the mistake of moving to Missouri for 2 years. An absolute miserable experience, even though I bought a house on a lake in a very nice community. As soon as I found an opening to move, I returned back to OC, and haven't looked back.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:10 PM

252 posts, read 416,764 times
We , each of us, make our own way in life. You get out and make life happen, and maybe put your okole on the line, and actually live a life of adventure, you may be a super happy and fulfilled person.

The more things that you have actually experienced will allow you to meet and relate to other people. If you have done jack daniels, then you have nothing to share and converse about with other human beings.

The life you have chosen, if you want to know who is responsible for the nothingness, look in the mirror.

I was raised in Oakland and San Leandro, Ca. we knew all of our neighbors, and kids and dogs could run around
un- leashed.

Then, my single mom met a U.S. Marine Master Sgt. and they hooked up permanently, and we were transferred down to
O.C. I immediately met new friends, and discovered the beach and girls. Actually worked all thru high school and most of college. My life in O.C. was fabulous. Wound up living on Balboa Island, Newport Beach, , and Corona Del Mar.

It was drag racing, surf em up parties, body surfing, the beach, party time, and squeezing in my college degree, while working. Then volunteered for the military and Vietnam. Then, after discharge , still no okole sitting, worked in high explosives, and started flight training using the GI Bill. Life in Orange County was great.

O.C. was a veritable fox farm.

Life continued on, and had a dual career as a commercial pilot, and a U.S.C.G merchant marine capt, skippering boats world wide. Never had a problem meeting people and still don't.

Point being, life is an adventure, and a person can sit on the couch and text or play wimp games , or get out and actually live life to the max. That is an individual choice.

Erica, and I, left OC for ten years and moved to Kauai Island. Absolutely loved it, and met all kinds of people and made new friends , and miss them greatly.

How did we do that. Erica and I both work out, and love to be out with mother nature as well. We joined the Kauai Athletic Club, and new friendships sprouted, We also joined different clubs or groups to give back to the island. We volunteered for beach and river clean ups, and became Sierra Club hike leaders. We also found the fun places for happy hours and good times. Now , this is after giving everything away, and moving bare bones to a remote island.

Now , we are back in O.C. and living in Dana Point, and we have positive attitudes, respect every one, and are having a marvelous life here in South County.

Sometimes we run into people who have no life. I ask young people, " What passions do you have ? What would you really wish to do in life ? Why am I asking. Because, if you do have a passion, no matter what it is, and you study and work and have perseverance, you can attain a very happy progression through life. Yep, you can hardly wait to drive to work.

Or you can spend your life in an endeavor that you totally hate, and life is going to be a misery every single day..

Also, remember, the more things that you experience, the easier it is to communicate with others, and that makes for meeting someone special.

Or, the alternative, sit out on the lawn, with your I phone and your dog for the next many years.

Life is an adventure, embrace it .

Out !

Old 09-16-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
the pursuit of happiness is in the declaration of independence, it doesn't appear anywhere in the constitution (including the bill of rights).

That being said, Im originally from NY, and moved to Orange County, CA in 1991. I had no desire to move back to New York. In 208 i made the mistake of moving to Missouri for 2 years. An absolute miserable experience, even though I bought a house on a lake in a very nice community. As soon as I found an opening to move, I returned back to OC, and haven't looked back.

For you...... being in California is happiness. For a lot of people...they can’t wait to get out.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:05 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,743,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
For you...... being in California is happiness. For a lot of people...they can’t wait to get out.
You are correct.

However for many the problem is the type pf person "you" are. Many live in CA and love it, many leave and find a place they love. It is the type of person. If someone moves somewhere and makes no real friends, enjoys what it has to offer, it is their problem, not the State or their neighbors.

Can States cause problems, Yes. Can congestion be a problem, Yes, can homeless be a problem, Yes, and many other things.

That just means YOU need to find a place, even in CA, without those. That new place may not have some of the things you liked, but it will not have some of the things you hated. If you can't stand that potential new place, check other States. Many good places. Your choice.

kauaidooley's points were good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County