U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 937 times

Advertisements

My husband is in the late rounds of interviews for a job in Costa Mesa so I’m getting all my research done now to determine if OC is the best place for our family. We currently live in a small suburb in Oregon so moving to OC feels daunting. I’d love some advice on what areas would be best for a family of four (Middle school twins) with a budget of $1 million max and hopefully within 30 minutes of Costa Mesa. Schools and being in a safe environment for the kids are our top priority, thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 11:15 AM

2,540 posts, read 833,779 times
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your search.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:57 PM

25 posts, read 13,441 times
I think every high school within Irvine boundaries has great rankings, and around 30 min during traffic, but might be up to 45 min depending how far away you are. I've heard a lot however about how brutal and competitive the schools are, maybe other people in this board can attest and perhaps there are better options.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:43 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,780,036 times
I'd look in the older sections of Irvine near the university, University Park, then maybe out in Woodbury, Portola Springs and that area.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:37 PM

7 posts, read 1,607 times
I recommend checking out Aliso Viejo and Laguna Niguel. They both have such close proximity to the 73 toll road which will give your hubby options to get home quickly if needed. Otherwise, he's limited to the 405 & 5, which normally are packed during rush hour. Aliso Viejo and Laguna Niguel both have top rated schools, lots to do for families, close to the beach and have incredible equity.

Old 01-25-2021, 02:54 PM

6 posts, read 1,446 times
Hi,

There are so many great neighborhoods with great schools! I would look at Irvine, Tustin, Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, and Aliso Viejo. I did an out of state move myself: being a CA native born and raised in Northern CA, my family and I relocated to Kansas City and lived there for 7 years. Then moved back to CA and in Orange County about 5 years ago. So many great areas!

Old 01-28-2021, 10:46 AM

1,463 posts, read 1,543,838 times
What's wrong with Costa Mesa? I like it. Lots of shops too. Irvine and Mission Viejo are nice.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:45 PM

870 posts, read 318,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
What's wrong with Costa Mesa? I like it. Lots of shops too. Irvine and Mission Viejo are nice.
It used to be a nice place to live, as I did for a while and went to Costa Mesa High School.

Now not so good. Not bad but due to the main road to Newport Beach, the freeway ending downtown, etc being right in the middle of it, the traffic can be bad, and ditto to the freeway. East side is best. Just far more costly now for older homes, but ... no Mello Roos on those.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:00 PM

738 posts, read 691,704 times
I would recommend Aliso Viejo. It’s in relatively close proximity to Costa Mesa via the toll road. A nice family-oriented community with a number walking and biking trails, convenient access to shopping, the beach and housing within your budget.

https://alisoviejochamber.com/news/1...ut-aliso-viejo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County