U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 09:44 PM

3,093 posts, read 1,828,062 times

Advertisements

If the information in the redfin link is correct, why hasn't this house appreciated in 15 years?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 12:34 PM
DKM

5,855 posts, read 2,123,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
If the information in the redfin link is correct, why hasn't this house appreciated in 15 years?
I noticed that too. It certainly hasn't been updated in 15 years judging by the pictures. This probably means it is not overprice now though. It does need some privacy hedging in the back, otherwise its a great spot for a family with young kids (in my opinion). Far FAR better than a cracker box newer house on a 4,000 sq ft lot. We love having a real yard with a pool here. It makes all of it worth it.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 7,123 times
My Dad's younger brother and his family live in RSM and have lived there since my cousin was an infant. They love the area and plan and staying there. My cousin attended Melinda Heights Elementary which she could walk to and her parents still rave about it. It seems like a real neighborhood school. She also attended RSM Intermediate and Trabuco Hills High School which her parents liked as well. All these school are in Saddleback Valley school district.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:02 AM

36,331 posts, read 36,498,468 times
I would check out Mission Viejo which is close enough to Irvine and with good schools.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:39 PM

3,093 posts, read 1,828,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I would check out Mission Viejo which is close enough to Irvine and with good schools.
It depends on the specific school. Mission Viejo High School has a much lower ranking than it should.

OC campuses are well represented in U.S. News rundown of ‘Best High Schools’

Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 AM

8,667 posts, read 4,961,523 times
Budget?

Old 03-01-2021, 10:37 AM

2,976 posts, read 6,925,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton99 View Post
Probably worded that poorly, certainly not going to rule Irvine out. Just sounds very planned out with a little less character than other areas, but I’ll admit that’s all internet hearsay; I’ve never spent a lot of time there. Also prices seem high for no backyard space, at least on initial searches. Any other areas besides HB and Irvine we should check out? Laguna Niguel too far for a daily commute?
Most of OC doesn't have much character.

South OC to Irvine is a much better commute than North OC or HB to Irvine.

Laguna Niguel and Mission Viejo are within 30 minutes IF the homes aren't too far away from the freeway. Just those 2-4 miles to reach the freeway can take 15 minutes. Maybe worth taking the tolls if you want a better house.

Old 03-01-2021, 11:13 AM

8,667 posts, read 4,961,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton99 View Post
Probably worded that poorly, certainly not going to rule Irvine out. Just sounds very planned out with a little less character than other areas, but I’ll admit that’s all internet hearsay; I’ve never spent a lot of time there. Also prices seem high for no backyard space, at least on initial searches. Any other areas besides HB and Irvine we should check out? Laguna Niguel too far for a daily commute?
Not hearsay. This is very true. But I prefer it. Shopping centers here all look alike, same with apartments. Sterile but uniform.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:18 AM

36,331 posts, read 36,498,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
It depends on the specific school. Mission Viejo High School has a much lower ranking than it should.

OC campuses are well represented in U.S. News rundown of ‘Best High Schools’
I am surprised that the Mission Viejo High School isn't ranked higher. I know it has an excellent music program as 2 of my nieces participated in that program and both of them got to perform at a Carnegie Hall because of that!

Old 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM

15 posts, read 16,273 times
As someone who is also actively looking to move to OC soon, here is what I would say.

Since you are moving all the way across the country to live in OC and happen to work in Irvine, you HAVE to take advantage of great Irvine schools, especially that you have kids. Irvine. It's safe and it has great schools.

Sure, Irvine houses and neighborhoods look like a Swedish prison, but oh well. You got kids. Schools are priority.

I do feel bad for the dog, he/she needs a yard. So maybe get an older Irvine home to assure some yard area. Don't get a house with a private pool, it will cut sqFt away from the yard where the dog can run around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County