Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 11:54 AM

18 posts, read 26,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
There is a difference between Persian Jews and Jewish Persians? Is there also a difference between American Christians and Christian Americans?
I'm curious about this too. I didn't understand the "this is plain insulting" comment so maybe something can be brought to light and I'll be able to learn something new. If not, it's nomenclature and poster may be overly sensitive on the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 11:41 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huihuihiuhuihiu View Post
I am quite scared to be frank since after research, it seems OC is leading in hate crimes, especially towards muslims (even more than TX!)
Strange you brought up TX. Can't speak for the rest of my state, but Houston is welcoming to Muslim immigrants and citizens. The oil connection is the reason for our early contacts (compared to the rest of the U.S.) and friendships with Muslims.

Quote:
There is a difference between Persian Jews and Jewish Persians? Is there also a difference between American Christians and Christian Americans?
Poster is from S.F. Persnickety P.C. is a fine art up there!

Old 03-15-2021, 11:59 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Dude, you've already done the "I'm like, TOTALLY thinking of moving there but I've heard it's SOOOOO raysiss!!! " troll act in the DFW forum. It wasn't any more clever there than it is here.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:16 PM

661 posts, read 832,364 times
There are markets in Irvine like Super Irvine and Wholesome Choice etc. that cater to the middle eastern market. You will be fine in Irvine and surrounding, no issue at all. Much, much, much safer than in some liberal run area with crime through the roof, nobody is safe in those areas.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:44 AM

1,221 posts, read 1,046,669 times
Quote:

yeah I wondered the same thing. Well one thing's for sure...some people are way too easily offended these days over nothing.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:17 AM

82 posts, read 126,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huihuihiuhuihiu View Post
Hello everyone, me and my family are moving to orange county specifically Irvine, soon. I am quite scared to be frank since after research, it seems OC is leading in hate crimes, especially towards muslims (even more than TX!)

so, my question for the people there is, do you see Muslims often, Indians, Pakistanis,??? will I stand out, or will a hijab stand out??? would someone be racist to them?

thank you
There are Muslims in Orange County, but most are Persian and don't wear and head coverings.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:04 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_california View Post
There are Muslims in Orange County, but most are Persian and don't wear and head coverings.
You must not get out much.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:16 AM

258 posts, read 229,869 times
Quote:
Yes there is. Because (like I said before in original comment) they're Jews first and Persians (actually Iranians really but whatever) second. Therefore they're Persian Jews. Their current country of residence is always secondary to who they are religionwise.

Funny you ask about the American Christian vs Christian American. From the link below:
"Are we Christians in America, or American Christians? The difference is important and has everything to do with which part of our identity comes first. If we are American Christians, we regard our status as citizens of the United States to be our primary source of social identity.
We place the privileges and responsibility of being citizens above all other loyalties. “America First” are words that resonate with this identity.
If, as American Christians, we find ourselves troubled by what seems to be contradictory positions of our faith and our citizenship, our tendency is to adhere to the values of patriotism as defined by the present moment.
I am not making a case here about what is right or wrong. I am simply observing which pieces of identify have priority in our lives."

https://goodfaithmedia.org/which-are...tian-american/

Old 04-14-2021, 12:21 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
You'll be fine in Irvine. One of the most boring yet most diverse and safest cities. Deep South OC isn't as welcoming to non-white conservatives. Also stay away from Huntington Beach.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,957 times
I was in Irvine for a week and came back for another few days back in Oct / Dec.
I couldnt see it as dangerous, maybe specific neighborhoods? but all the areas I went to I felt safe as heck.

I grew up in the ghetto of Worcester, and then the suburbs of Worcester, and now live in the outer parts of Denver.

Yes IMO Irvine is very safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County