Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the most beautiful city in Orange County?
Laguna Beach 42 47.73%
Newport Beach 7 7.95%
Laguna Niguel 3 3.41%
Dana Point 4 4.55%
San Clemente 7 7.95%
San Juan Capistrano 2 2.27%
Ladera Ranch 0 0%
Las Flores 1 1.14%
Rancho Santa Margarita 0 0%
Coto de Caza 3 3.41%
Mission Viejo 1 1.14%
Laguna Hills 0 0%
Irvine 2 2.27%
Laguna Woods 0 0%
Aliso Viejo 0 0%
Lake Forest 0 0%
Huntington Beach 0 0%
Fountain Valley 2 2.27%
Orange 1 1.14%
Tustin 0 0%
Orange Park Acres 1 1.14%
Villa Park 0 0%
Placentia 0 0%
Brea 1 1.14%
Fullerton 0 0%
Yorba Linda 1 1.14%
La Habra 0 0%
Costa Mesa 1 1.14%
Westminster 0 0%
Midway City 0 0%
Garden Grove 0 0%
Los Alamitos 1 1.14%
La Palma 1 1.14%
Cypress 1 1.14%
Buena Park 0 0%
Anaheim 1 1.14%
Santa Ana 4 4.55%
Seal Beach 0 0%
Stanton 1 1.14%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2023, 06:09 PM

661 posts, read 832,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
As already stated, though, Coto de Caza isn't a city and really shouldn't be on the list. It's a private gated community. You need to drive all the way out for any little need.
That is what makes it nice and appealing, its away from everything. Laguna Beach is gorgeous lived there but try to get home on a busy Summer Weekend, could take an hour. You cannot park at the market, etc. etc.

Coto is like being in Connecticut but in Southern California, peaceful can ride you mountain bike around with ease and no traffic to say. All the things you need are just 15 min but yet you feel far away from everything. We went from a tiny lot in Laguna to 1.2 acres with views of rolling hills and space from the neighbors.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 06:11 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Deleted. Oops. Was a baseball post. Thought I had switched to the baseball forum.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:33 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
That is what makes it nice and appealing, its away from everything. Laguna Beach is gorgeous lived there but try to get home on a busy Summer Weekend, could take an hour. You cannot park at the market, etc. etc.

Coto is like being in Connecticut but in Southern California, peaceful can ride you mountain bike around with ease and no traffic to say. All the things you need are just 15 min but yet you feel far away from everything. We went from a tiny lot in Laguna to 1.2 acres with views of rolling hills and space from the neighbors.
Sure. I live 5 minutes from the north gate, by the way, so I'm very familiar with Coto. Nice place. But the point I was trying to make is that it is not a "city" in any sense of the word and doesn't belong a list of "cities in Orange County."

One thing I like about where I live (RSM) is that it's also right next to mountain bike trails etc. but in addition I can walk to Trader Joe's, Target, Lowe's, etc. etc. If you live in Coto you have to drive everywhere. Because it's not a city and doesn't have shops.

Old 08-13-2023, 09:09 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
As already stated, though, Coto de Caza isn't a city and really shouldn't be on the list. It's a private gated community. You need to drive all the way out for any little need.
LOL, if you live in "Coto" you have staff that can go into town for menial tasks....

Old 08-13-2023, 01:24 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Laguna Beach (as expressed by many artists relative to its rolling hills and rocky coastline); it has a few beautiful neighborhoods which take full advantage of such, from my perspective, as well.

Old 08-13-2023, 02:50 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
I chose NewPorsche Beach because one of my favorite restaurants is there. (Pizzeria Mozza.)

Well, that and Newport includes Balboa Island, where my g'parents owned a some property, back in the 20's to 40's. They

then moved to Manhattan Beach until the mid 1970's.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I chose NewPorsche Beach because one of my favorite restaurants is there. (Pizzeria Mozza.)

Well, that and Newport includes Balboa Island, where my g'parents owned a some property, back in the 20's to 40's. They

then moved to Manhattan Beach until the mid 1970's.
You and the Segerstroms owned property on Balboa Island back in the day. (the family owns South Coast Plaza and much more---I briefly dated the son, lol). Loved Balboa. When I was going to Orange Coast College, I worked at the "Tale of the Whale" restaurant there---great memories.

But I must vote for Laguna Beach that was our go-to beach growing up. No wonder it's full of artists with the gorgeous cliffs and landscape. The Laguna Greeter used to scare me as a kid, leaning into the car like a crazy guy (with a heart of gold, lol).

Old 08-19-2023, 07:54 AM

661 posts, read 832,364 times
Quote:
Sure. I live 5 minutes from the north gate, by the way, so I'm very familiar with Coto. Nice place. But the point I was trying to make is that it is not a "city" in any sense of the word and doesn't belong a list of "cities in Orange County."

One thing I like about where I live (RSM) is that it's also right next to mountain bike trails etc. but in addition I can walk to Trader Joe's, Target, Lowe's, etc. etc. If you live in Coto you have to drive everywhere. Because it's not a city and doesn't have shops.
Makes sense, everyone has different things that appeal to them, for us not having shopping and the traffic or other issues that comes with that is appealing to us. Coto is as close enough yet far enough away. Also close to job market in OC like Irvine. Temecula wine country is very appealing for example but limited job opportunities. With its rolling hills that feel like you're in Tuscany and some wineries. Some of us are done with neighbor issues and want that little bit more of privacy and be just far enough away from all of that.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:56 AM

936 posts, read 2,079,945 times
Why is Stanton, with the adults stores, pawn shops, strip clubs and hookers walking on Beach Blvd got a vote?

Old 08-23-2023, 08:57 AM

936 posts, read 2,079,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post

Coto is so far from the freeway. I can't never live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County