Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:23 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,719 times

Advertisements

Truly. Frigtening. Do yourself a favor--spend the extra few bucks and move to Tustin, Fountain Valley, Orange, etc...avoid Santa Ana like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 06:51 PM

989 posts, read 5,924,355 times
To warners,
Saying that "Santa Ana is an apealing city for Mexicans" is not rude nor stereoptypical. There is an abundance of Mexican culture in this city!

Stating the truth, does not warrant warnings. Please re-read the forum rules.

Love,
Nb'smostwanted

Old 01-18-2007, 12:18 AM

355 posts, read 842,472 times
My only advice would be to look in North Santa Ana or Downtown. From what I've seen, there is some gentrification in the residential areas immediately surrounding the many mid-rise office/commercial buildings (between 17th and First) in Downtown. Also, a few blocks out from the civic center, courthouse, etc is the Artist Village which attracts a vibrant and diverse crowd from throughout the county. There are several galleries, concerts, and festivals that take place throughout the year in this district. I don't know if they're occupied, but there are re-developed lofts in the Artist Village and I would expect them to be more costly because of their location.

Other than those few details, there's not much opportunity for living within Santa Ana. It will take some time (if ever) for the residential areas to come to speed with the development in other parts of the county.

Btw, has anyone heard about the planned 30+ story office building in Santa Ana? I'm not sure of its 'name', but I think its under construction...

Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM

9 posts, read 95,992 times
Anyone here know how the area is around the "Court at Artists Village" apartments is? The address is: 300 w 2nd st, Santa Ana, CA

I google earth'd it and the area seems to be developed but I don't know what the crime is like. That place seems to offer some good amenities for the price--but I don't want to get killed in the parking lot.

I'll be going to school at UCI and my wife will be working in Costa Mesa... Anyone think this place could work or should I keep on looking?

Old 08-04-2007, 09:50 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,133 times
I would keep looking. It is close to first and Flower streets which is not good. You will pay more but I would look in the Tustin area, Irvine or Costa Mesa for rent.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:50 PM

9 posts, read 95,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns65vette View Post
I would keep looking. It is close to first and Flower streets which is not good. You will pay more but I would look in the Tustin area, Irvine or Costa Mesa for rent.

Darn, that sucks. That place was really affordable compared to some other places and had pretty good amenities.

So, basically, even if we're commuters and we seek entertainment outside of the immediate area, it's still not very safe? That's sad. I guess there's no part of Santa Ana that one could live safely, without having to worry?

Old 08-05-2007, 12:05 AM

815 posts, read 2,698,736 times
Santa Ana is a like slightly smaller Sacramento with many more Hispanics and virtually no African Americans. There are some quaint older neighborhoods but much of the city is run-down with plenty of crime. Some people might say that Santa Ana (along with La Habra) is a blemish in Orange County's overall high quality lifestyle.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:34 AM

119 posts, read 881,106 times
There's not many options to live in Santa Ana. If money is no object live on the Far South side from MacArthur Blvd south to Costa Mesa border. Some of the nicest apartments and homes in the city. It is the commercial core of the area. Known as South Coast Metro Center, has luxury apartments and condos, very nice tract homes built in the late 1970's-mid 1990's. South Coast Plaza is a shoppers paradise, major Fortune 500 and Forbes 1000 business have presence in the office complexes near by. Warehouses and Industrial Parks are just to north of the area from MacArthur Blvd to Mc Fadden Ave (others will say Warner Ave)so jobs isn't an issue.

Others are right about the Far North Side around Main Place/Town and Country Center at the Orange city limits not as expensive as the Far South Side but just as nice. Most of the homes were built from the late 1950's- very early 2000's. Apartments are nice not as expensive as those on the Far South Side very good quality. Riverview Golf course is near by.

Santa Ana has created a core of working class and lower middle class neighborhoods that people only see. Whites, Blacks, Asians and native born middle class and wealthy Latinos are on the outside ring of the city which makes the city lopsided perception wise. Santa Ana need to bring more diversity of races and middle and upper classes especially in Downtown Santa Ana and Midtown. Take a clue from Downtown areas like LA, Long Beach and San Diego bring culture, nightlife and market rate Apartments, Condos, Lofts and Town/ Row homes and cut crime down. Santa Ana will make it.(PS to Anaheim follow the suggestion for Platinum Triangle area Anaheim will truly be a destination [thats my 2 cents])

Hope that helps.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:32 AM

100 posts, read 544,039 times
About Santa Ana...

The zip code that's the most desirable is 92705, which covers several different areas (mainly the area around the 22/55 freeways which is very nice and a large portion off the 55 near Tustin). 92706 (the area around the 5/22/57 freeway conjunction) isn't TOO bad either although the southern tip south of 17th is where you start getting in the ghetto. 92707 outside of the area next to the Costa Mesa border south of MacArthur, 92704, 92703, and 92701- avoid. Like has been said, the northern tip is much cheaper than the southern tip...

Old 08-05-2007, 08:29 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,734 times
Down town Santa Ana is a great city with a lot of older homes some of them on large lots. The problem is these areas are nowhere near affordable and are surrounded by Mexican ghettos.
Santa Ana was taken over by Mexico long before I moved to CA in 1970. It is as close a match to Tijuana, Mexico as you can get. If you want to live in a third world country then Santa Ana would be a the place for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County