Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,261 times

Advertisements

I am a CA native. Santa Ana has changed alot over the last years. It is mainly Hispanic and alot of illegals. Check with the OC Sheriff Department. They can give you the criminl stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 02:46 PM

21 posts, read 103,078 times
I'm hispanic and I don't like what the hispanic people have done to Santa Ana and various other communities. They live 2-3 familes in a 2 bedroom apartment. They breed uncontrollably. I once witnessed 11 kids climbing out of a minivan at the local Hollywood Video. They sell tacos and various ethnic food from shopping carts or taco trucks which I'm sure have NO business permits or health department inspections. I read an earlier post comparing it to Tijuana. I think Santa Ana is worse because at least in TJ you should expect this kind of stuff but not in a city in the middle of the OC.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM

450 posts, read 1,905,356 times
Again, not wishing to argue, but the crime numbers of the past few years are below the national average, from everything I've seen. I guess maybe I'm naive, I just don't feel intimidated in Santa Ana.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM

59 posts, read 295,922 times
Today I took my daughter over to the Bower's Museum on Main street. Afterward, I made a few errant turns and ended up in the Floral Park neighborhood. I gotta say, it was absolutely beautiful. If you've ever been to Hancock Park up in LA, it was exactly the same. Nice wide streets with big custom older homes....Very nice neighborhood...must be a nice place to live (not cheap, I'm sure).

Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 9,399 times
Default Santa Ana, firsthand

I have lived in North Santa Ana for over twenty years and I feel completely safe in my neighborhood. I grew up in Orange County and trust me, there are other areas within the County I would never consider residing.

I agree with those above who question the quality of Santa Ana schools, including Santa Ana College. If I had it to do ever again, with the possible exception of Santiago Elementary, I would have placed my children in private schools.

The negative image associated with Santa Ana is a result of its large Hispanic population--in short, a pretty stereotypical, rascist attitude, in my opinion. By the way, I am white.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,143 times
Sorry to be a dufus but can anyone tell me how far it is from reno to newberry springs calif...?

My sister and her husband moved to Santa Ana in 1978...there brand new truck was stolen out of the parking space 10 days after they arrived...two months later when they returned to their apt after a trip to Vegas, their apt. had been burgularized....I'm sure it hasn't improved through the years

Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,444,507 times
The funniest (and most true without intending to be) thing about Santa Ana are the road construction signs that read: "Santa Ana: A Sign of Things to Come"

Old 08-30-2007, 04:52 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProfessor View Post
I have lived in North Santa Ana for over twenty years and I feel completely safe in my neighborhood. I grew up in Orange County and trust me, there are other areas within the County I would never consider residing.

I agree with those above who question the quality of Santa Ana schools, including Santa Ana College. If I had it to do ever again, with the possible exception of Santiago Elementary, I would have placed my children in private schools.

The negative image associated with Santa Ana is a result of its large Hispanic population--in short, a pretty stereotypical, rascist attitude, in my opinion. By the way, I am white.
By the way I am Hispanic and refuse to drive around Santa Ana-- it is not a rascist attitude it is the true observation of people who drive through spend time in or live around or grew up in this area. I am really tired of people calling people out for having a certain attitude when all else fails.... We all have opinions you happen to think its just fine-- but then there are those of us that dont. Just like I dont recycle or save water or whatever else prevents the mass hysteria of global warming.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 13,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProfessor View Post

Avoid Santa Ana!!! I spent 9 years living and growing up in Santa Ana and went to junior high and high school there and one year of junior college. It was awful! The schools were horrible and I do not imagine they have improved since I last attended. I knew they were bad, but I didn't realize just how bad the schools were until I finally got out of Santa Ana and moved to other cities in Orange County and finished my education elsewhere.

Most of the few nice home areas of Santa Ana are expensive. There used to be some OK areas over on the east side of SA, north of 17th St, but those have declined in the past years. AVOID middle SA, south SA (except down very near to South Coast Plaza) and West SA...In fact, just completely avoid Santa Ana. I recommend your friend look in Tustin or Orange. They have their high crime, scary, run-down areas but not nearly as many as Santa Ana has. I don't think it is stereotypical to say Santa Ana is not a good place to live...facts are facts. I didn't live in the small, nice, pricey Northern part of SA, we lived just south of 17th, near Flower (Willard Intermediate area)......it was horrible watching how quickly the neighborhoods declined, gangs, drug dealers, crime...scary.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Ana? How bad is it? View Post
Someone very special to me is moving into Santa Ana from Irvine because its more affordable. I have heard BAD things! 3 young men, what is thier fate? I am worried. They come from Nor Cal.

You will get mugged,stabed,and shot in one day in Santa Ana and thats on a regular day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County