Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,444,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Huntington Beach is a very hispanic city as is Dana Point and San Juan Capistrano. Anaheim Hills, Coto de Caza, Villa Park, Yorba Linda, Orange Hills, North Tustin, Irvine, Foothill Ranch are all very white communities, again inland.
According to this web site:

HB is 15% Hispanic
Dana Point is 16% Hispanic
SJC is 33% Hispanic
Santa Ana is 76% Hispanic

How are HB and DP "very Hispanic"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,381 times
Santa Ana? How bad is it? - Well, if your boys are skinheads, it'll be like spending a day at the park! If your boys are BOYZ, they'll fit right in. If your boys begin each greeting with "Mr." or "Mrs." and smile a lot, one should learn to walk backwards when he's with the others so all firezones are covered. (Marines know what that's all about.) Really; if they've already spent time in Irvine, they know all about Santa Ana's good and bad neighborhoods. Unless they're all 12 years old and can't take care of themselves. (They aren't 12, are they?) They should be just fine as long as they don't like to drink heavily and start fights. Then they'll be in trouble no matter where they go. (If they DO like to drink and start fights, it'll be nice to have them leave Irvine.) :-)

Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,500 times
Thumbs up My Hometown

Santa Ana is not that bad at all!! Growing up and being in different areas (neighborhoods) of Santa Ana because of family or friends you can see that SA has changed so much and is only moving to get better! People who comment that the city is "horrible", a "craphole" and other asinine descriptions have no idea what they are really saying until they can confirm that they've REALLY lived in this city and experienced life there. If you're saying that you've been harrased, been threatened and or feel unsafe, ask yourself...did I do something to get this type of treatment??? I bet you and your negative outlook at people (residents) are the causes for these feelings you have. Being open and having a positive outlook will bring a positive result and vice versa with being closed and negative!

There are many residents that have been in these SA neighbohoods for over 15 years and have NEVER felt better about the way things are going now... in a positive direction, I know becuase I've asked. Like with any city, including, Anaheim, HB, Garden Grove, Tustin, etc, there are some pockets within these cities that you need to be aware of. All you need to do is look for the signs and then make a choice whether you want to live there or if you need to keep on looking. Good luck with your search.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM

26 posts, read 119,016 times
I used to stay in Santa Ana in a screwed up neighborhood, infested with violence, gang activities, drug dealings, etc (Bishop & Standard for those of you who are familiar).. it's kinda calmed down now but its like an elevator. things get hectic then calms down for a while until the cops are gone, then it starts over again.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM

64 posts, read 313,925 times
It depends on what part of Santa Ana. Floral Park is amazing! Id live there over most other parts of the OC.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM

25 posts, read 115,520 times
Floral Park, Santa Ana...

<br>

<br>

<br>

Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,133 times
It is true that some parts (more expensive obviously) of Santa Ana are nice. However a lot of it is not so nice (Grand Ave and 17th street near where I work for instance). In fact there was a news story tonight about a guy that was shot multiple times in his car. Police thought it was a drunk driver that passed out and crashed, but it turns out this guy was shot to death.

So in the end, just like any other area, research where you are going to be.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,411 times
There are reasons to go to Santa Ana if you live in the OC because SA is the county seat. Also I've worked there off and on. Most of it ls mexican, some of it pretty ethnic, and kind of foreign to many white people, but I don't generally feel too unsafe during the day. Most of the people are hard working family folk, even in the barrios, but there is gang and police activity in the bad areas. I would probably live in some of the border areas, but prefer Fountain valley or Garbage Grove. Or wasteminster. I think the OP was over a year ago, so they may be dead already.
BTW, Broadmoor, nice pictures.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:59 PM

25 posts, read 115,520 times
Thank you, citybilly. I grew up in OC and had never seen this Floral Park area before today. I walked quite a few streets this afternoon with a friend who volunteers at their garden show. Floral Park is a large area of beautiful homes ranging from very small places to huge mansions. It's incredibly tranquil. ocgirl is right, it may very well be THE nicest place in the whole county. One house for sale had fliers from a realtor which listed all the available homes -- asking prices in there right now range from $565,000 for a 4 bed/2 bath home built in 1952, all the way up to $2.6 million for a very large historic estate place. It was fun to look, a great place to walk or ride a bike.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:59 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadmoor View Post
Thank you, citybilly. I grew up in OC and had never seen this Floral Park area before today. I walked quite a few streets this afternoon with a friend who volunteers at their garden show. Floral Park is a large area of beautiful homes ranging from very small places to huge mansions. It's incredibly tranquil. ocgirl is right, it may very well be THE nicest place in the whole county. One house for sale had fliers from a realtor which listed all the available homes -- asking prices in there right now range from $565,000 for a 4 bed/2 bath home built in 1952, all the way up to $2.6 million for a very large historic estate place. It was fun to look, a great place to walk or ride a bike.
Hi Broardmoor you have "cute" screen name..Have you ever Googled it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County