Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 30,502 times

Advertisements

Someone very special to me is moving into Santa Ana from Irvine because its more affordable. I have heard BAD things! 3 young men, what is thier fate? I am worried. They come from Nor Cal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 PM

55 posts, read 194,076 times
Default lived here all my life

The north end of town is not bad, the schools are terrible though. As long as you are not trying to rear children here it's okay. We home school so it the schools don't affect our children. We are planning to move away from California (like so many others) because of the cost of living. We have never had a problem with crime here, our nieghborhood is diverse and very quiet.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 PM

989 posts, read 5,908,615 times
Enlightenme deleted my "off-topic" post [mod cut - sarcasm that can be considered offensive]

Santa Ana is a very appealing city for Mexicans, but uniquely illegals. It has become a haven for illegals primarily because of Santa Ana's low cost housing. Hence the average occupancy rate of a housing unit is about 4/unit. This is one of the highest rates in the country. For more info on this... search "Santa Ana" on "Wikipedia dot com."

Latino gangs such as the MS 13 are deadly. Most of the homicides are gang-related, but theft and vandalism can happen to anyone, at any time.

Some areas of the city are very nice. However, I advise your friends to practice caution in all parts.

A nice gift for them might be a Spanish-English dictionary. *wink*wink

Last edited by enlightenme; 01-02-2007 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Sarcasm that could start off a flame war

Old 01-02-2007, 04:56 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,450,672 times
Santa Ana is like walking on hot coals, loin cloth, spear in hand, with bare feet. lol

Old 01-02-2007, 05:33 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,450,672 times
So bad, someone has a screen name as the title of this thread.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:08 PM

17 posts, read 92,589 times
It depends on the area. Don't raise any kids in this town, as previously mentioned. The Santa Ana neighborhood I'm in, which is right on the edge of Tustin is decent -- start heading even just a half mile west and it starts to get more and more junky looking. The farther south you go, too, the crummier it gets. I avoid Santa Ana itself as much as possible, and stick to Tustin -- it's a much nicer city. I would tell your friends to stick to North Santa Ana, and to scope out the neighborhood that they're looking to move into carefully.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 PM

32 posts, read 144,244 times
pay a little more and stay in Irvine.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:23 PM

777 posts, read 3,187,279 times
Just go to:[url] //www.city-data.com/city/Santa-Ana-California.html [url] and that should tell you all you need to know.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 50,794 times
Gangs and drive by shootings is what I think about when someone says Santa Ana. I use to work in that town but would never live there.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM

96 posts, read 749,761 times
I used to live by Santa Ana and went to college there, and it was pretty darn bad, from what I saw. Very run down with tons of gang activity and low-lifes (at least the parts that I saw). I shopped at a Target there once and it was awful; I couldn't wait to get out of there! I'm not trying to start any crap, but I went to a fast food restaurant there once after school, and between the workers and the customers, I was the only person who spoke English. I don't know about the grade schools, but Santa Ana Community College is a joke. When I moved and switched to a different school, I realized how pathetic it really was; it's literally the size of a small high school. Hope this info helps you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County