Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 AM

18 posts, read 65,032 times

Advertisements

i love latinas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 03:28 PM

522 posts, read 715,685 times
Too right Jorja. Turnabout is fairplay. From whitebread who wishes she was toasted.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 PM

674 posts, read 1,619,850 times
[quote=Tenebristic;9747325]

Thanks for your input. I am open to different viewpoints and respect your feedback although they don't agree with mine.
I think you are little aware that I have actually worked on social projects in third world countries for more than 7 years. I have created projects that now feed over 10 million people who were on the brink of starvation. I have lived in over 8 nations, I speak 4 languages, and I'm well aware of the differences in social stuctures in different countries, be it developed or poor nations. I've also lived 17 years in the U.S.

I count the U.S. as one of the poor nations I have lived and worked in since only a few areas can truly be considered wealthy.

On free healthcare, I completely disagree with you that "the majority of people have crappy care". From what personal experience do you speak, and in what circumstances and country did this crappy care happen? I don't want some stories from anyone you randomly "know" - but I want to hear YOUR personal experience from years of having this crappy care you claim to exist, because my experience is the opposite. I find that 80-90% get good care in socialized medicine. In Canada people are actually very content overall with their healthcare. I'd like to refer to North European healthcare when referring to socialized medicine. In the U.S. I find good care to be far lower in quality (in general). Socialized medicine is not perfect, but its FREE and far better than what I received spending years of my savings in the U.S. Some mishaps happen but this is common since human quality of work differ between people no matter where in the world you go.

For those of you who don't know your geography: UK is not Europe. So don't compare British healthcare with European healthcare as your media often does. References of bad care are almost always made to British care. Few make efforts to understand that British care used to be good - and has been ruined by excess immigration. Why? Immigrants from poor countries are taking up too many jobs as doctors and nurses in Britain, bringing poorer quality medical practices with them from their own country. Equal opportunity employment. You should learn from this mistake and not import too many medical practitioners. In other words: they mess up the British culture and quality in every aspect of life. This is the truth.

The reason free healthcare may have failed in some U.S. states, is because I find a lot of narrowmindedness and biases against it. If you have narrow views, you will create crappy policies. I think the policies around it has simply been poorly constructed. Also, you haven't built a budget to handle free healthcare. Its not the fault of free healthcare. Its the fault of poor thinking and planning. What I am saying is, instead of paying a high premium which only covers a portion of care, why not pay half this premium and cover ALL care? Why on earth do some people find this so bad they have to malign FREE care??? It CAN be done if the US medical industry stops being such a manipulative corporate maffia. In Europe medicine is far better regulated from A to Z. You can't charge someone 50 x the price on medicines. What costs you $150 for 10 tabs in the U.S. would cost us $5. Despite this, pharmaceutical companies make huge profits in Europe. Charging $150 would not make free healthcare possible, but charging $5 would. This gives a real perspective of the huge profits pharmaceutical companies make out of diseased people - acting basically like vultures -, and which no one has to allow them to make.
So, a cancer patient does NOT cost $4 million, unless your government allows pharmaceutical companies to charge in excess of $4 million than within sensible margins. Hey, even if this cancer patient would buy every equipment and medicine they use on her for her own private use at normal cost price (at least 30-40% profit for wholesalers), it wouldn't even cost her half of what she is being charged...

Here's some news for "you" (the U.S.): you're not as "amazing" and "superio" as you imagine yourself to be. In fact, there are numerous nations that are far more advanced than the U.S. - ex. Singapore, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, etc. People from these countries may perceive your own as rather "backwards" and struggling in the world, resembling little else than a giant shopping mall with zero human rights.
I know it pisses some of you off to not hear the patriotic ensemble and monologue, but you need to know I am not doing this from resentment but from trying to help you to see where you are: I want to wake you up to reality. Only so because I pity americans and how they are always victimized by their own government, yet seem to think they are not, and imagine they are free. We are far more freer than you, actually. We can say what we want, we can do what we want. The only thing we are cornered with, is high taxes. On the other hand, high taxes also gives us things an american could never imagine to receive from their government. If we are adventueous and enterprising, we can move to one of our many tax havens and pay no tax at all, while enjoying the best social and medical care in the world...!
One thing I do agree: Europeans are not even half as enterprising as americans. In this regard you have very active people.

But, you have been doctrined to believe you are, in some odd way, more developed than the rest of the world. But this is not true. Yes, you have more THINGS and more shops but 'things' do not make freedom or development. And you can't even get basic healthcare in your own country, by a government you pay full tax to.... now, why is that? Someone is screwing you to make monies on their behalf to enjoy something you cannot parttake of.

The main difference between, ex, Europe vs the U.S. is that we don't take lip from our government. You are like sheep that follow any bull**** they feed you. Human rights and equality is a MUST. You have neither, but somehow have seriously hallucinated yourself to think you have both (!). I'm not saying everything is perfect in a socialized society - its not. But far more things are worse in your own and we could easily bring up your own garbage and throw it at you, but won't. I'm simply saying: DON'T back off to demand what is your right. And your basic human rights are: 1) free education, 2) free healthcare.
In ex. Brunei, people get both of this fully provided by their own government. If you have this basic human right you have personal debts lasting for half a lifetime.

YOU ARE EXPLOITED AND F***D BY YOUR GOVERNMENT ALL THE TIME! WHY DO YOU PUT UP WITH IT??? WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU DESERVE THIS NEGLECT???

Not having the american view, but actual personal experience, here is my take on socialized healthcare:

1. I have found NOTHING in my personal experience which would make our care worse than american private healthcare - which can leave you indebted and poor for the rest of your life...

I've had healthcare in the U.S. What's my take? I had care in one of the best hospitals in California. It was good, but by no means better than the care my mother had in North Europe which I found personalized, caring, considerate, professional, and impressive. In the U.S. I was treated only as a dollar bill. The only interest was whether I would be able to pay my bill. It insulted me and made the care callous and almost inhumane.

2. As an outsider I find the comments and views (criticism) in the U.S. about socialized healthcare so odd, off the track, and "racist" and "biased" if I may say. I can barely recognize it for what it is. The media takes one bad case, and make a mountain of a molehill as if every case is the same. Its not like that. To wait 2-3 weeks for an appointment when you don't need urgent care is not bad. People, its FREE! Do you really believe your manipulative, corporate greedy government that has been screwing you so long will give in without manipulation and fights??? Don't believe all the brain washing. I'd rather wait 2 weeks for my appointment over a small issue than lose my entire savings to bad healthcare policies...

Besides, if you have an emergency case, you get care immediately in socialized medicine like anywhere else. I happen to think that Swiss and German healthcare outshines US private healthcare by 500% minimum. US healthcare is mexico compared to the Germans or Swiss. Sorry guys, you're not as "superior" as someone has advertised you to think you are.

3. If you don't want free healthcare, you can always opt for a private one where you pay a premium insurance and have the free option to chose your own clinic, and whatever else you prefer. In Europe we have FREE healthcare, but we also have the option of private care. Very few opt for private care. Even then, I find that all medical options in Europe are far better than US healthcare.

The ONLY care I prefer to have in California than elsehwhere is cosmetic dentistry. Nothing else. And how long do you have to wait to get an appointment for cosmetic dentistry? I had to wait 3 weeks in Los Angeles, even when I paid $12,000 for the work... The same would be free in Europe, and the wait time the same if not a little less.

Last edited by antibes; 07-17-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County