U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 PM

39,016 posts, read 22,018,827 times

Advertisements

Orange: How safe is the neighborhood around the Village at Orange for a single woman? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 06:10 AM

30,111 posts, read 73,817,985 times
Where is the village at Orange? I know Orange fairly well and I have not heard of this place.

the second question people will need to know. Do Hispanics (aka "Mexicans") make you feel unsafe just by being Hispanics? Some people get scared just because they see a lot of Hispanics hanging around. If you fit that category, then some areas that are otherwise relatively safe are nto for you.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Where is the village at Orange? I know Orange fairly well and I have not heard of this place.

the second question people will need to know. Do Hispanics (aka "Mexicans") make you feel unsafe just by being Hispanics? Some people get scared just because they see a lot of Hispanics hanging around. If you fit that category, then some areas that are otherwise relatively safe are nto for you.
I'm referring to the area between Tustin & Glassell and between Lincoln & Taft. More specifically, this is the area surrounding the mall and shops. I don't mind an area that has lots of hispanics but would prefer an area that had a healthy mix of other groups as well so I, as a Caucasian, would not stick out like a sore thumb. I currently live in an area in LA county that is predominently hispanic yet I feel safe here. As long as I don't have to deal with gang activity or crime infested areas.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 AM

30,111 posts, read 73,817,985 times
I know some people who live to the East of the mall (other side of the freeway) it is very nice over there. I know some people who slive south of the mall about 2 miles and east of Tustin and it is reasonably nice thre. Solidly middle class. I only know one person who lived close to the mall on the west side of Tustin. The area he lived in was not very nice. It was really close to the mall (walking distance). Your best bet is to drive around and evne stop and ask people int he area that you are looking at. As a lot of people. You may get one jhaded opinion and not get a true picture of an area. There are always several grass is greener types who dislike any neighborhood that they live in. Try to find someone to give you a truely neutral opinion.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I know some people who live to the East of the mall (other side of the freeway) it is very nice over there. I know some people who slive south of the mall about 2 miles and east of Tustin and it is reasonably nice thre. Solidly middle class. I only know one person who lived close to the mall on the west side of Tustin. The area he lived in was not very nice. It was really close to the mall (walking distance). Your best bet is to drive around and evne stop and ask people int he area that you are looking at. As a lot of people. You may get one jhaded opinion and not get a true picture of an area. There are always several grass is greener types who dislike any neighborhood that they live in. Try to find someone to give you a truely neutral opinion.
Thank you so much for your feedback and advice. It really helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County