Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 PM

87 posts, read 409,216 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
We just moved to Mission Viejo and our neighborhood school is closed to new enrollment for the grade we need so they are sending us to Philip J Reilly Elementary. None of our family members has any experience here so looking for reviews or experiences if you have any. I appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 04:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Parent Reviews of Philip J. Reilly Elementary/Special Education - Mission Viejo, California - CA

Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times
I am a PTSA mom for Capistrano Valley High that Reilly feeds into so I visit Reilly on occasion and know their PTSA parents also. Reilly has very very positive reviews and is one of the better schools in Mission Viejo. The reviews from greatschools are pretty much the typical opinion of parents I have met that have parents at that school. Also, the school community is VERY close at that school. I would not worry about being transfered to Reilly. The only thing you are missing out on is going to the "neighborhood school" all the other kids go to on your street.

Which school are you being transfered from (aka your home school your boundaries are for)???? Castille, Bathgate, Barcelona Hills, Viejo, etc...????

Welcome to Mission Viejo by the way. I have lived here for a long time so I know the area well, raised kids here, and have kids in the schools here so I am happy to help.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,053 times
Here are some numbers crunched from the LA Times: Philip J. Reilly Elementary/Special Education - Mission Viejo - California Schools Guide - Data Desk - Los Angeles Times

Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 PM

87 posts, read 409,216 times
Thanks for the quick reply! We will be transferred from Castille who said we could be on the waiting list but we don't want to switch schools for a third time this year so we'll stick it out at the one we enroll in. It sounds great- I am coming from a small school in PA so it sounds close to what we had there with parent participation etc. Thanks for the welcome to Mission Viejo- we'll be here at least 8 months but not sure how much longer than that. We're living with my inlaws while we find where we want to settle.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM

5 posts, read 7,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-PA-TX? View Post
Hi Everyone,
We just moved to Mission Viejo and our neighborhood school is closed to new enrollment for the grade we need so they are sending us to Philip J Reilly Elementary. None of our family members has any experience here so looking for reviews or experiences if you have any. I appreciate it
I went to Philip J Reilly and now my 7 year old son goes there. This is a great School! The teachers are awesome too! You will love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County