Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:30 PM

25 posts, read 51,861 times

Advertisements

Imagine living surrounded by pea-brained people whose only purpose in life is to live way beyond their financial means by buying homes, vehicles and clothing that they can't afford. Imagine going for MONTHS without having an interesting conversation with anyone mainly because most people here are so shallow, materialistic and superficial that they suffer an absolute lack of cultural development. Imagine living in a place where people are not only phoney personality-wise but also physically fake, with fake boobs, fake teeth, fake hair, fake pouty-lips, and fake educations.

Imagine living in the mortgage-fraud capital of the world from where most of the fraudulent home loans currently destroying our national economy originated.

Imagine a place so BORING that most businesses shut down by 11pm ..and that's on a weekend!

Imagine having to date woman who say,"like" every third word and who giggle like moronic schoolgirls even when they're in their late 40's.

Imagine the USA has a mouth and an anus and then picture that anus as being Orange County, CA and THEN you'll have the right image!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Thread has already been done before.

"Orange County: Anus of the World"

Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,152,085 times
Quote:
Imagine a place so BORING that most businesses shut down by 11pm ..and that's on a weekend!
I was in Germany recently.

On weekdays, most businesses close at 8. Bars and restaurants excluded.

On weekends, everything is closed. There's a law that prohibits stores & such from being open on weekends. There are some exceptions e.g. pharmacies and stores inside train stations.

So far I've never heard of anyone complaining about Germany. On the contrary, half of Eastern Europe wants to live there.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,473 times
REPLY- "OC anus of the world"- how many of you were actually born there and not moved there?
Most comments like yours come from people (or people whose parents) who moved here because they like the MONEY they get paid and have raped, pillaged and plundered the values of the community as it were!
The developers are not Californians, the inhabitants are not natives, so GO HOME!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Curious ... where's the mouth? New York? And what does that make Florida?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneygreen View Post
REPLY- "OC anus of the world"- how many of you were actually born there and not moved there?
Most comments like yours come from people (or people whose parents) who moved here because they like the MONEY they get paid and have raped, pillaged and plundered the values of the community as it were!
The developers are not Californians, the inhabitants are not natives, so GO HOME!
I agree! Most of us natives have moved out already or are on our way out! I'll see my fellow Californians in Austin or Denver next summer when I move!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM

86 posts, read 244,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux&Reflux View Post

there's an endless list of places in the world where businesses (bars and restaurants included) shut down way before 11pm. not that this is completely accurate, regarding OC there are a bunch that shut down by 1 or 2. look into it

OC may not have the reputation of Vegas or NY the place "that never sleeps", but we do have a few other things going for us. and those places, esp Vegas, exist just for that reason. so people who live in the saner areas can have somewhere a bit less sane to go play...

even LA with a bit more of a nightlife has a reputation for shutting down compared to more "cultured" places, but there are after-hours spots. bottom line who really needs to be out drinking at 3-4 in the morning? I'd rather be home "..."ing by that time. so if some people can't get their business done by 2am, maybe they need to work on that. or there's a good chance they already have or will develop some pretty destructive addiction habit destined to rule their lives.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:56 PM

334 posts, read 915,583 times
Imagine living in a place where people are not only phoney personality-wise but also physically fake, with fake boobs, fake teeth, fake hair, fake pouty-lips, and fake educations.

False teeth turn you off? Come on over to OK. I'm sure we can find a nice girl with an advanced case of "meth mouth" for you.

But to turn this rant into something more constructive, what sort of cultural development are you seeking, yet can't find in OC and the surrounding area? Maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:29 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
It's true, the materialism and arrogance in the OC is absolutely out of control. You can feel it in the air there, like a tension, a really bad vibe. The OC is home to some of the most pompous, shallow, phony, obnoxious people in the US, possibly the whole Earth. Every time I went out to a coffee shop or restaurant, or even a grocery store there, I could just feel that rotton vibe in the air.

And no, I am not just exagerating.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:39 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux&Reflux View Post

Imagine having to date woman who say,"like" every third word and who giggle like moronic schoolgirls even when they're in their late 40's.
Having to date them? Somebody holding a gun to your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County