Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,077 times

Advertisements

so can anyone please explain what the irvine police were trying to prove when i had an encounter with them??: 6 yrs ago back when i was a 7th grader, i was playing basketball by myself for about a good hour at our community park. when i approached home, i noticed my house was surrounded by 8 police cars talking to my dad. Why? because they were accusing me of prank calling people like 15 minutes ago from our house phone. How the hell could i be prank calling people from our house phone when i was playing basketball outside??!?!?!? They need to go get a damn life

Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM

7 posts, read 21,698 times
The Irvine Police Department should offer their services to other departments, since they are so free in time.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM

7 posts, read 21,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
You also have more privacy with tinted windows... For women especially since we are always getting checked out at red lights by perverts and such. I DON'T HAVE tinted windows because it is illegal but if it WERE legal I would get mine tinted right away.

You would be surprised how much an attractive woman gets stared at when driving and such...

Jeez-dem....

You are so concerned about some random guys looking at you? You should be more concerned for cops hiding behind the bushes on Culver dr.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,734,602 times
Uh.......what are they doing behind the bushes?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
It amazes me how self righteous alot of people can be when they are breaking the law. From over tinting the car windows, to running stop signs or breaking the leash law by letting their dogs run wild at a park or playground. What examples are these parents teaching their children? That it's OK to break the law, if you can get away with it?
So many Irvine residents pride themselves in having the safest and most crime free city in the country. Yet so many of them won't abide by the law. And for you people who think that the police have such an easy job in Irvine and not much to do, you've really got your head hidden in the sand canyons of your mind. How would it make your day if you had to pull somebodies smashed and bloodied mangled body out of a car wreck, caused by someone who felt like running a stop sign?

Great post.

It really amazes me when someone is shocked that the Police issue tickets. Now post and tell us you were stopped by a plumber or a nurse and given a ticket. But really, are you that suprised that the police are out issuing tickets when someone breaks the law?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
Default waiting for the bus at night in Irvine

Several months ago I decided to leave my car at home and I took the bus from Anaheim to Costa Mesa on a Friday. On the way back I had a forty minute wait at the bus stop for the last one of the night (the stop was at MacArthur and Redhill). While I was waiting at the stop a black-and-white Irvine PD cruiser passed by. He did a u-turn and rolled up on me while I was waiting at the stop. This was the conversation:

PD: What are you doing here?

I: Waiting for the last 71 (bus route)

PD: Where do you live?

I: Anaheim Hills.

PD: Oh, good....Where were you coming from?

I: Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa.

PD: Are you on parole or probation?

I: No.

PD: OK...have a good evening.

And with that he drove off. I suppose I looked kind of strange sitting on a bus stop in a deserted commercial area, and he looked like a young rookie cop, but oh well.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:40 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantiiii23 View Post
so can anyone please explain what the irvine police were trying to prove when i had an encounter with them??: 6 yrs ago back when i was a 7th grader, i was playing basketball by myself for about a good hour at our community park. when i approached home, i noticed my house was surrounded by 8 police cars talking to my dad. Why? because they were accusing me of prank calling people like 15 minutes ago from our house phone. How the hell could i be prank calling people from our house phone when i was playing basketball outside??!?!?!? They need to go get a damn life
And this one time, at band camp...

Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Several months ago I decided to leave my car at home and I took the bus from Anaheim to Costa Mesa on a Friday. On the way back I had a forty minute wait at the bus stop for the last one of the night (the stop was at MacArthur and Redhill). While I was waiting at the stop a black-and-white Irvine PD cruiser passed by. He did a u-turn and rolled up on me while I was waiting at the stop. This was the conversation:

PD: What are you doing here?

I: Waiting for the last 71 (bus route)

PD: Where do you live?

I: Anaheim Hills.

PD: Oh, good....Where were you coming from?

I: Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa.

PD: Are you on parole or probation?

I: No.

PD: OK...have a good evening.

And with that he drove off. I suppose I looked kind of strange sitting on a bus stop in a deserted commercial area, and he looked like a young rookie cop, but oh well.
May have matched the description of someone they're looking for, and he stopped to talk for a sec.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 PM

5 posts, read 10,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I had to laugh when I saw this thread. I thought I was the only one who has noticed how petty the Irvine police are and seem to have way to much time on their hands.

Both of my teenage kids have gotten various tickets over the years including jaywalking and not wearing a helmet skateboarding.
Half the people in Irvine violate these laws.

I have gotten tickets just this year alone for using a cellphone and no seatbelts.

God forbid you dont make a complete stop on the Yale Loop since the motorcycle cops are always hidden in driveways along the Loop.

Early in the morning going to work I have been pulled over by the Irvine police on the freekin 405 freeway obviously hoping to get me for DUI which Im sure disappointed them that I was going to work.

So while they are concentrating on these petty violations Im constantly amazed by the people who seem to drive around Irvine and get away with violating common driving laws and never get caught. These include not knowing the "right away rules" "stopping in front of you" because they figured out they are going the wrong way and need to get over to the right lane so they can turn, trying to make a right turn yet they are in the left lane etc etc etc. I could go on and on.

I guess they only want the "cherry" tickets which they dont have to work to hard to find.
They really do just go after Cherry Tickets. This summer while driving home from getting a haricut with my girlfriend I was smoking a cig in my car, and ashing out the window. I was always under the impression that it was illegal to throw the butt out the window but not ashing it. Anyways, as soon as I pulled onto Alton I was followed closely by an Irvine PD cruiser. Whiel following me someone took a right hand turn in front of me without stopping at their red light, which cause me to have to slow quickly. The cop behind me almost hit me but didn't bother to write that driver a ticket for unsafe driving. Once we were near my house by sand canyon I put the cig out in my ash tray and was light up. The Jumpy female officer got my info and informed me she was writing me a ticket just for CVC23111 which includes any ashes or burning embers from a car. I didn't argue with her but she kept trying to bait me into a debate. I took my ticket and left.

When I got home I looked up the fines for each and my citation was a bigger fine than an illegal / unsafe right turn. Short story, the Irvine PD has nothing better to do and will pursue the most economical ticket. I've since quit smoking for over 2 months and recently went to court for the infraction. I got off EASY with a $446 fine and consider myself lucky for avoiding a bigger fine and community service. The cop followed me for 5 miles just to write this ticket and ignored blatant offenses that pose a risk to safety of drivers. Be aware when you're in Irvine you'd better be watching your ass at all times.

California and Irvine are in a huge deficit so expect to see more of these trivial tickets with larger fines. I stil love living here though, but I think we'd be better off significantly cutting down the police force in Irvine. Also I see Irvine PD helicopters every day over by sand canyon and I have to wonder how much does it cost every time we scramble one of those? Maybe the key to fighting the budget deficit is a smaller less over-zelous police force... I'm not bitter about my ticket and accept responsability for not knowing / breaking the law. I just wish our tax dollars were being spent to keep us safe, not to generate enough revenue to keep the police force active...

Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaamoss View Post
They really do just go after Cherry Tickets. This summer while driving home from getting a haricut with my girlfriend I was smoking a cig in my car, and ashing out the window. I was always under the impression that it was illegal to throw the butt out the window but not ashing it. Anyways, as soon as I pulled onto Alton I was followed closely by an Irvine PD cruiser. Whiel following me someone took a right hand turn in front of me without stopping at their red light, which cause me to have to slow quickly. The cop behind me almost hit me but didn't bother to write that driver a ticket for unsafe driving. Once we were near my house by sand canyon I put the cig out in my ash tray and was light up. The Jumpy female officer got my info and informed me she was writing me a ticket just for CVC23111 which includes any ashes or burning embers from a car. I didn't argue with her but she kept trying to bait me into a debate. I took my ticket and left.

When I got home I looked up the fines for each and my citation was a bigger fine than an illegal / unsafe right turn. Short story, the Irvine PD has nothing better to do and will pursue the most economical ticket. I've since quit smoking for over 2 months and recently went to court for the infraction. I got off EASY with a $446 fine and consider myself lucky for avoiding a bigger fine and community service. The cop followed me for 5 miles just to write this ticket and ignored blatant offenses that pose a risk to safety of drivers. Be aware when you're in Irvine you'd better be watching your ass at all times.

California and Irvine are in a huge deficit so expect to see more of these trivial tickets with larger fines. I stil love living here though, but I think we'd be better off significantly cutting down the police force in Irvine. Also I see Irvine PD helicopters every day over by sand canyon and I have to wonder how much does it cost every time we scramble one of those? Maybe the key to fighting the budget deficit is a smaller less over-zelous police force... I'm not bitter about my ticket and accept responsability for not knowing / breaking the law. I just wish our tax dollars were being spent to keep us safe, not to generate enough revenue to keep the police force active...
Do you know for sure the officer saw the person turn right? Remember there is always two sides to a story and since you got a ticket, my guess is you would tend to be a bit bias.

Been to Irvine hundreds of times and never been stopped by the police. You think it could be the fact that I don't break the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County