Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:13 AM

5 posts, read 15,122 times

Advertisements

thanks for the advise EscapeCalifornia, and the dogs are important to me and they are the reason i need a yard. I heard it is really hard to find a place near the beach that is why I mentioned it. Any way, I don't mind haveing to a little for activities or clubs(I do that know anyways). I would like some where clean and safe though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 11:46 AM

619 posts, read 2,164,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanafarrier View Post
I'm a truck driver and horseshoer gettin ready to retire in a few years.
[soon as i get a million in cash stashed away].
Anyway, I was trying to decide where i want to spend the last 30 or so years of my life.
I asked a friend from cali. who's been livin in utah for the past 20 years where he would like to retire to when he quits layin tile. He said without hesitation- LAGUNA BEACH CALIFORNIA.

I've been to LA and lots of other cali cities for a day or so at a time, but never Laguna Beach. I looove cali !!!!!

My plan is to retire and buy a few acres and rescue a few ponies, then run a horsemanship and trailriding operation. Teach people how to handle horses and how to ride and feed and shoe horses. Maybe transform a suitable building into a horse boarding stable as well.

Even though i'm 50ish, I still love to admire beautiful young women and sit on the beach and just "be" there. I love healthy 30ish kinds of gals.

Does anyone have any strong opinions on laguna beach?
What makes it different from any other beach city?
Wonder if i'd like to retire there?
I guess i'll have to make the trip to see it first hand, but can anyone speak on it for me.

EDUCATE ME ON LAGUNA BEACH. ONLY IF YOU KNOW.

I WAS LEANING TOWARD RETIRING IN Oregan or Maine.

what say y'alll?
funny post

Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,601,376 times
Quote:
What makes it different from any other beach city?

Men suspected of having sex on stranger's lawn | Laguna Beach - News - OCRegister.com

Old 08-31-2009, 07:27 PM

243 posts, read 342,875 times
I'm in Laguna Beach all the time and I have no idea where you would put horses.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 AM

674 posts, read 1,617,273 times
Quote:
I'm a truck driver and horseshoer gettin ready to retire in a few years.
[soon as i get a million in cash stashed away].
My plan is to retire and buy a few acres and rescue a few ponies, then run a horsemanship and trailriding operation. Teach people how to handle horses and how to ride and feed and shoe horses. Maybe transform a suitable building into a horse boarding stable as well.

Even though i'm 50ish, I still love to admire beautiful young women and sit on the beach and just "be" there. I love healthy 30ish kinds of gals.

ha ha :-)

OK... If you want to buy a few acres in Laguna Beach to rescue some ponies, I hope you have a couple of hundred million dollars to spend just for land. A million is not enough for anything much but a small 2 bed house, or a condo. But Laguna is worth it even for those having to downgrade to more modest living!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:24 AM

674 posts, read 1,617,273 times

A friend of mine used to come across open gay sex in Laguna Beach in the late 1980's. One such case took place when she drove by Aliso Creek one evening. She saw two men, one bent over the hood of his car, and the other one - well - probing beyond the engine. Everything was on open display for anyone who walked or drove by to see.
After the first HIV scare, many gays moved away from Laguna. Now it would be very rare to see open sex.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,775,723 times
They still have horse properties in Yorba Linda and,. iirc, Orange Park Acres.

Laguna Beach is not what you're looking for if you want to do something having to do with horses. Plus the traffic in the summer and during festivals is horrendous.

If you do end up in Laguna for some reason, though, stay away form Bluebird Canyon. It's a known slide zone.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 AM

365 posts, read 1,218,309 times
There are a lot of gay men in Laguna Beach and being from Montana (I have relatives there) you probably wouldn't be comfortable there. Land is also sparse and having a horse ranch is impossible. Shoot for San Clemente if you want to go to south OC for what you're saying you want to do. Oregon would be a better match IMO...astoria is a great spot that would afford you the lifestyle you'd look for.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:05 PM

243 posts, read 342,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyntheoc View Post
There are a lot of gay men in Laguna Beach and being from Montana (I have relatives there) you probably wouldn't be comfortable there. Land is also sparse and having a horse ranch is impossible. Shoot for San Clemente if you want to go to south OC for what you're saying you want to do. Oregon would be a better match IMO...astoria is a great spot that would afford you the lifestyle you'd look for.

Wow...that sounded completely homophobic~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County