Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 AM

2,498 posts, read 11,436,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Any chance this light activity could be seasonal, or due to weather, or due to the day of the week (Wednesday at 10AM versus Saturday at 4PM)?
I do admit it was just one experience and could have just been the flow that day. I was surprised the food court valet wasn't even operating though and also surprised that a good amount of those island "cart" retailers in the middle of the mall had nothing on them. It could have just been the time (3:30PM on a Tuesday). It did feel a lot less crowded though than the normal Tuesday at that time.

I'll maybe stop by and take some pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 01:23 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
You locals may know about this already but the OC Register has a little blog on store openings and closings. The latest entry mentions three store openings not closing:

3 new stores to open at Shops at Mission Viejo - Orange County Retail - OCRegister.com

Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You locals may know about this already but the OC Register has a little blog on store openings and closings. The latest entry mentions three store openings not closing:

3 new stores to open at Shops at Mission Viejo - Orange County Retail - OCRegister.com
Well that is good news. My teenage daughter is going to be bouncing off the ceiling when she hears this (she likes Hollister). I'm surprised Kevin Jewelers is moving so soon to another location in the mall. They just finished changing Whitehall Jewelers into their brand. The Aeropostale will be going in the sports memorablia shop's spot which I mentioned recently closed (in was Discover Store for years before it closed last year).

Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM

11 posts, read 30,449 times
Default Even the "Guaranteed" money makers are falling

If you know anything about Motorcycles you know that a Harley-Davidson franchise has been a "License to steal" for more than 15 years. Dealers were doing you a "Favor" to sell you one at sticker price and not charge a premium.....not to mention that it used to take 3-6 months to get the color and model that you wanted!!!

So how poetic is it that the Harley "Stealer"....oops I meant Dealer, has closed their doors in SJC as a direct result of falling sales and losing money!

Hard to believe they couln't make it work with $300 oil changes and $500 leather jackets. The interesting thing is that they told everyone they lost their lease.....and the building just sits there with a bigger than S**t "For Lease" sign on the front of the building .

Don't get me wrong......I got a Harley or 2 myself and love the things......just pointing out that even the "Untouchables Brands" are being affected by what's going on right now!

Old 02-06-2009, 06:26 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
I'm just amazed that HD dealership was in business as long as it was.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:13 PM

Capistrano Nissan of San Juan Capistrano closed, but Weseloh Chevrolet bought the license to sell Nissans. The Nissans are being sold on the small former Weleloh Hummer lot, part of the Weseloh Chevrolet campus. The former Capistrano Nissan is empty.

Capistrano Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge will close in early March according to the Capistrano Dispatch as well.

40% of San Juan Capistrano's sales-tax revenue is from vehicle sales. With the Jaguar dealership moved to Mission Viejo and the four Nissan/Saturn/Chrysler/Harley Davidson dealerships closed, SJC is realizing they need to diversify their tax revenue and find other ways to make money.

Weseloh Honda, Weseloh Chevrolet, Capistrano Ford, Family Toyota, and Capistrano VW remain in business in SJC.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Capistrano Nissan of San Juan Capistrano
Didn't that used to be Barwick?

Old 02-07-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Didn't that used to be Barwick?
Yes. Changed ownership and is part of Van Tuyl Group which also owns the now closing Chrylser/Jeep/Dodge dealer next door to Nissan.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 AM

missionhome, check the pictures thread for an old shot of what this car dealer area used to look like.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 PM

65 posts, read 129,798 times
A bit of good news - virgin airlines' vaustralia now has $A1199 return fares for Sept-December 09 from Melbourne to LA. ( idon't know what the LA-Mel-LA fare is). The tourist families usually spend time and money in and around Anaheim which is good for business. Pity the OC doesn't promote itself though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County