Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM

601 posts, read 1,452,229 times

Advertisements

I'm from San Diego and we have cheap 24 hr Carne Asada burrito joints everywhere (Roberto's, Alberto's, Juanberto's, etc.-bertos). Are there any good places like these around OC if I need a good fix?

I found an Alberto's in Long Beach by accident.

I know surfer dudes love to get their burritos and "ono grinds" after a good day on the waves.

bd5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 06:02 AM

989 posts, read 5,926,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy5 View Post
I know surfer dudes love to get their burritos and "ono grinds" after a good day on the waves.

bd5
Wahoo's Fish Tacos on Main St. in H.B. is a pretty good after-waves spot. It's not 24h or cheap, but it's darn good.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:03 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
We love Wahoo's and Taco Surf.
Taco Surf has happy hour tacos for a buck and the last time we were there they had Shrimp tacos for $1.50. I really enjoy their fish tacos best. Taco Surf is in Dana Point and Sunset.

Not sure if Orange county has them, but King Taco is a really great 24/7 taco joint, they serve up all the Mexican favorites like brain, lung or testes tacos. At 2 or three in the morning you will find a hundred people ordering tacos. Hard to find parking sometimes. Easy to find, just google King Taco and hit "I feel lucky".

Old 02-23-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Not sure if Orange county has them, but King Taco is a really great 24/7 taco joint, they serve up all the Mexican favorites like brain, lung or testes tacos.
LOL, nice!

Isn't that what they put into Chorizos?

bd5

Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
With enough seasonings anything can taste like Chorizos.

But seriously everything at King Taco's taste great. We will stop by afterwork and some guys will try anything but do not tell them what they ate. Me, I don't care. All my wife will eat there is the chicken or beef sometimes the carnitas.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:00 AM

683 posts, read 4,617,388 times
Pedro's in San Clemente. It's just a "sit outside" or drive thru, mostly surfer types, verrrry good burritos!

Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 AM

317 posts, read 1,759,077 times
Default best taco places

i was at wahoo's in the fashion plaza and it was pretty good... i was also in san diego a few weeks earlier in the gaslamp area by the trolley at a place called "tin fish" it was EXCELLENT. they gave you 3 options for fish- yellowtail, tuna, and salmon...im tellin u it was so much better and bigger portions, i had 2 giant tacos for about $3.89. do they have tin fish in orange county? wahoos is good but this place was a lot better! any other spots in newport beach that anyone would recommend? im going to become a fish taco eating machine when i move out there lol, save some money and eat moderately healthy.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:10 PM

The San Diego chain "Rubo's Fish Tacos" has grown quite a bit and I found a location in Marina Del Rey. Recently, "Fins" which specializes in Shrimp Tacos has been a favorite (founded by some ex-Rubio creators) and has all closed down in the San Diego area.

Wahoo's is pretty good, I frequent the locations in West LA, Costa Mesa and La Jolla (on Pearl).

Is that all that's good in OC? C'mon guys, you mean everyone just eats Taco Bell, Chevys, El Torito and Baja Fresh?

bd5

Old 02-25-2007, 05:48 AM

44 posts, read 109,727 times
Default Other fast foos places

What about Mc Donald`s, KFC, Burger King? There is not cheap?

Old 02-25-2007, 09:33 AM

625 posts, read 2,436,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy View Post
What about Mc Donald`s, KFC, Burger King? There is not cheap?
They don't serve tacos.

Then again, neither does Del Taco or Taco Hell.

Instructions for finding good Mexican restaurant in OC:

--Grab rock.
--Throw rock.
--Take pick from any of dozen places rock hit.

Seriously, if you want to get away from the "chain" places like Don Jose or El Torito, do it. Even Tacos Mexico (great for late night "dining") can get a little regimented.

I like a little place in Fullerton (on Harbor) called Anita's--AWESOME New Mexican-style Mex food. Carne adovada, stuffed sopapillas, Santa Fe enchiladas (blue corn tortillas, of course) and the chile verde are all killer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County