Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2007, 06:41 PM

19 posts, read 91,201 times

Advertisements

My husband practically was offered a job this morning in Foothill Ranch. If I can find suitable employment nearby, we'll probably be moving in May. It seems to me this is a spendy area. We're prepared to pay well over $1000/month in rent... Just looking for others' opinions and advice if we choose to live in the surrounding area within a 40 minute drive. What's the most expensive/inexpensive. We don't have kids, so schools not an issue. We have pets (too many for most apartments), would hate to have to give 2 of them up but oh well. We would be moving from SW New Mexico (yee haw).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 02:46 PM

98 posts, read 433,155 times
Default Moving to OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktr15t3n View Post
My husband practically was offered a job this morning in Foothill Ranch. If I can find suitable employment nearby, we'll probably be moving in May. It seems to me this is a spendy area. We're prepared to pay well over $1000/month in rent... Just looking for others' opinions and advice if we choose to live in the surrounding area within a 40 minute drive. What's the most expensive/inexpensive. We don't have kids, so schools not an issue. We have pets (too many for most apartments), would hate to have to give 2 of them up but oh well. We would be moving from SW New Mexico (yee haw).
What kind of work would you be looking for?

Old 03-25-2007, 09:30 AM

14 posts, read 80,130 times
Where are you moving from? The entire area is pretty expensive. The areas surrouding Foothill Ranch are as expensive or more expensive. 1000 p/month will not get you much here....certainly not a house.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:58 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,355,398 times
Foothill Ranch is actually a part of the city of Lake Forest, but has it's own zip code 92610. Most decent 1+1 apartments within a 15 mile radius of FR rent at $1300 to $1400 for starters. If you have too many pets for an apt and need to rent a house with yard, open the wallet wide, maybe $2200 minimum per month, and that might be hard to find. You might find some houses in Tustin or Costa Mesa that rent for a little less, but the gas money that would be burned to drive back and forth would be more than the difference in rent. Go look at the Orange County Register website classifieds if you are serious about this. This is a very nice area to live in, but not cheap. You can get here in a 10 to 11 hr drive from SW NM, don't make a final decision to move before coming for a visit for at least a few days. Plenty of hotels around FR (also not cheap).

Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM

601 posts, read 1,450,761 times
You might have to head west, like Santa Ana, Anaheim or Tustin and commute to Foothill.

bd5

Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 PM

19 posts, read 91,201 times
We were just there on Monday. It is pretty nice. I figured housing wasn't cheap and have found a few places I'd consider because they are close by. I asked my husband if he would mind driving over the hill into Lake Elsinore every day. We went that way this last week and know about the construction. A lot of it depends on how much he would get offered in a salary. He's a heavy equipment mechanic (27 yrs experience) and likely will get well over $30/hr. We have family in Canyon Lake and it's about an hour from Foothill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County