Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:29 AM

20 posts, read 54,123 times

Advertisements

Hi am european looking for a home in laguna, however I can not afford buying in Laguna Beach though it's my favorite place, so I figured I should try to look for somthing in Laguna Niguel.

I have been there a few times and my first impression is that it's low chrime, and good for families? Do you think it could it's a place to have a suitable holliday rental home ?

Also buying a condo, how are the HOA's there and what other fixed anual cost should I consider other than HOA's and propterytax?

And most important of all, how do you like it?

Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 12:50 PM

916 posts, read 3,686,773 times
It's like any other inland OC town. Basically middle class suburbia.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to rent a home there for a vacation though. I guess it's a relatively short drive to the beach but really most people would like to rent places in a beach town I think.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:35 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,402,941 times
Laguna Niguel isn't really a vacation sort of place unless you are in the mansions in expensive neighborhoods like Bear Brand, South Peak, or Ocean Ranch near the border with Dana Point and close to the Monarch Beach resort area. There are some condos in this area that are only about a mile from the beach in south Laguna Niguel so that area is pretty close to the beach also.

Still, it is mainly families and people looking for a quiet lifestyle that is ocean close. It is a nice city, but not really a vacation resort type town like Laguna Beach, Dana Point, or Newport Beach.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 15,896 times
Hi,we stayed in Laguna Niguel in august fantastic place can't wait to go back,it's alot different to NZ but i loved it thanks every one for making it a great stay.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:48 PM

70 posts, read 206,024 times
If I were looking for a vacation home and couldn't afford Laguna Beach, then I'd go to San Clemente. You could probably afford a little condo within walking distance to the town or beach.

Good luck!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,969 times
I lived in Laguna Niguel for eleven years. I m also from overseas. Its definately safe and close to the beach but very suburban. If you want something with a more interesting vibe and more of a cross section of society, San Clemente would be great. Its got a community feel, cafes, friendly and you d still be close to Laguna Beach. Only 20 minutes or so down PCH. Talk to a real estate company in the area or email them. They ll be able to answer most of your questions. HOA can be from $80 to $500 a month. Depends on area and building types.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 15,896 times
Hi, we went to San clemente also a very nice place ,bought my surf board from there spent the day looking arond .u are right the cafes and beachs were great all in all the whole trip was great and i dont have any thing bad to say about the whole of southern cal, you should all come to NZ one day you would love it here as well,cheers.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 13,038 times
My wife and I moved to the Laguna Crest HOA 15 years ago and absolutely love it. It's Laguna Niguel's best kept secret. There are 86 homes in our community and the dues are only $70/month because we're not obligated to maintain costly amenities and we have a conscientious Board of Directors who don't squander our money. What's fantastic about Laguna Crest is that we can WALK to city amenities - parks, pools, tennis courts, the post office, the library, plus great shops and restaurants. That's a rare perk in car-dependent SoCal. Plus we're only an easy 10 minute drive to the Dana Point Harbor, 5 star resorts (Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, The Montage) and and multiple state & county beaches. It's rare that homes become available here, but when they're listed, they sell quickly. Just recently, a home at 23592 Teagan Circle sold within 24 HOURS (in this sluggish market). One other thing worth considering is the micro-climate of each area. In Laguna Crest, we nearly always wake up to sunshine (with ocean breezes). Laguna Beach and Dana Point can be locked into cold, wet fog for months. This is caused by the coastal marine layer. You'd be amazed at the difference in climate a couple of miles make.
We are very happy with our decision to move to Laguna Niguel and will probably stay here the rest of our lives. Hope this helps and good luck in your search!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,237,738 times
I love Laguna Niguel. I drive by every time I go to Laguna Beach and think it's a nice area. Like most areas of South County, it's pricey but I think worth it for those wanting to raise a family.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM

17 posts, read 50,983 times
Laguna Niguel is such a beautiful and well-planned town. One of the best places to live in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County