Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:14 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,810 times

Advertisements

He probably has a past you don't know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy bravo View Post
My husband is hispanic and I have seen first hand that he gets pulled over for just the color of his skin. The cops in our area have learned the cars that we drive and every time we get a new car he gets pulled over and they just wantt to see if he has a licens when they see that he dose they let him go. It is rediculas that we have to deal with this racisum on a daily bacies its not fair. Cops just need to find a dognut store and leave dark people alone.
I know what you mean..... Years ago I was pulled over twice in a three year period by two different black LAPD officers, since i'm white it must be racism. I know I was speeding but since they were not the same race as I am then it must be racism *sarcasm*

By the way, what's a dognut store? Do they sell canine testicles?

Old 10-31-2009, 07:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnev3 View Post
we were coming home from a cafe, on PCH.

but he's been pulled over at 2 in the afternoon, on his way to school, and work.

so its not just the time/place.

its racial profiling is what it is.
If he is doing absolutely nothing wrong I have a hard time buying this one. With all the Mexicans in So Ca the cops would be over burdened if they pulled them all over even once a month. Could you be reading more into this than is actually there? I think so or you are exagerating a little. How are you measuring the 10X more? Do you keep count of how many times non Mexicans are pulled over?
NIta

Old 10-31-2009, 08:26 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy bravo View Post
My husband is hispanic and I have seen first hand that he gets pulled over for just the color of his skin. The cops in our area have learned the cars that we drive and every time we get a new car he gets pulled over and they just wantt to see if he has a licens when they see that he dose they let him go. It is rediculas that we have to deal with this racisum on a daily bacies its not fair. Cops just need to find a dognut store and leave dark people alone.
I doubt this very much. Cops approach cars from behind--hard to tell brown skin & brown hair from white skin & brown hair. What kind of car does he drive?

Does he have a record that justifies him being followed?

How does he drive? How loud does he drive? How well does he drive?

Does his car and/or the way he drives "belong" in the area in which he gets pulled over?

CHances are the explanations lie in the answers you give to the questions above

A brown guy who does not be pulled over,
S.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:45 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I know what you mean..... Years ago I was pulled over twice in a three year period by two different black LAPD officers, since i'm white it must be racism. I know I was speeding but since they were not the same race as I am then it must be racism *sarcasm*

By the way, what's a dognut store? Do they sell canine testicles?
Which part of LA was this at?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Which part of LA was this at?
One was in Sherman Oaks and the other believe it or not... west of Encino (Tarzana).

Old 11-01-2009, 02:51 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
One was in Sherman Oaks and the other believe it or not... west of Encino (Tarzana).
I didn't know the LAPD was vigilant up in the Valley, pulling random people over, ticketing, and such. They're also heavy in Hollywood and South LA.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I didn't know the LAPD was vigilant up in the Valley, pulling random people over, ticketing, and such. They're also heavy in Hollywood and South LA.
Actually my post was sarcasm. The tickets many many years ago but I did deserve them.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times
HBPD pulls anyone over for whatever reason they can think of regardless of race. Do they profile? Perhaps. It wouldnt suprise me especially if the cop was a HB native. Riverside by the sea is a very "white pride" oriented town.

It's funny that I used to be pulled over constantly in HB when I rode a Honda 954. WhenI rode a Ducati I never got pulled over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County