U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 AM

1,542 posts, read 5,771,010 times

Advertisements

just heard this news...so incredibly sad and tragic.

Nick Adenhart of Los Angeles Angels killed in car crash in Fullerton - ESPN
Angels Pitcher Adenhart Killed After Ball Game - TMZ.com

the accident happened early this morning in fullerton, only a few hours after adenhart had pitched six shutout innings against the athletics.

apparently, the driver of a minivan ran a red light and collided with the car adenhart was riding in, causing it to smash into a light pole. three passengers, including adenhart, were killed.

the minivan then hit another car before coming to a stop, and the driver fled on foot. he was caught by the police a short time later and has been charged with felony hit-and-run.

i'm just stunned by this news. adenhart was one of the angels' top pitching prospects and had a bright future ahead of him.

R.I.P. nick.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 11:57 AM

77,800 posts, read 98,012,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
just heard this news...so incredibly sad and tragic.

Nick Adenhart of Los Angeles Angels killed in car crash in Fullerton - ESPN
Angels Pitcher Adenhart Killed After Ball Game - TMZ.com

the accident happened early this morning in fullerton, only a few hours after adenhart had pitched six shutout innings against the athletics.

apparently, the driver of a minivan ran a red light and collided with the car adenhart was riding in, causing it to smash into a light pole. three passengers, including adenhart, were killed.

the minivan then hit another car before coming to a stop, and the driver fled on foot. he was caught by the police a short time later and has been charged with felony hit-and-run.

i'm just stunned by this news. adenhart was one of the angels' top pitching prospects and had a bright future ahead of him.

R.I.P. nick.
My husband heard about it on the radio a few hours ago, such a horrible thing...and then the guy takes off, OMG, what a jerk..!!!!

Nita

Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 PM

9,963 posts, read 17,645,661 times
The caught him though,

Quote:
A passenger in the minivan was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, Brower said. The third vehicle sustained minor damage, and its driver was unhurt, he said. Police did not identify any of the dead.

The minivan's driver fled the scene and was later arrested, Brower said. Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside will face charges of manslaughter, felony driving under the influence and hit-and-run, he said.
Tragic...

Old 04-09-2009, 12:04 PM

1,542 posts, read 5,771,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My husband heard about it on the radio a few hours ago, such a horrible thing...and then the guy takes off, OMG, what a jerk..!!!!

Nita
tell me about it. how despicable.

but as horrific as this tragedy is, at least the driver was quickly apprehended.

first the hit-and-run at usc, and now this?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM

15,607 posts, read 39,410,793 times
I read this in our local paper, but they didn't mention who was killed, or that he was a player for the Angels. Very sad. They did catch the person who did this. How awful!

3 dead in Fullerton crash, driver arrested | MyDesert.com | The Desert Sun

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM

77,800 posts, read 98,012,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
tell me about it. how despicable.

but as horrific as this tragedy is, at least the driver was quickly apprehended.

first the hit-and-run at usc, and now this?
Well let's hope they throw the book at him!!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM

35,708 posts, read 63,076,259 times
What a tragedy.

May he rest in peace.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:22 PM

11,715 posts, read 38,809,958 times
I watched the game last and and was shocked to read about his death on the OC Register web site this morning. So sad and so preventable. That other driver should have been in prison already, not out driving around killing innocent people. Hopefully he never sees the light of day again after this.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,350,856 times
Felony hit-and-run plus DUI = He'll be gone for a while.

Damn shame to hear about this though. Apparently the kid was a phenom in spring training and had a helluva game last night. Sad that its all over so quickly (I'm 25, I guess its hitting a little closer to home than I thought it would)

Old 04-09-2009, 07:42 PM

26,342 posts, read 90,056,905 times
Here are some photos of the driver who allegedly caused the accident:

This Is the Guy Who Caused the Adenhart Crash - TMZ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County