Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 13,221 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving there, but as a person used to living in Irvine, I'm concerned about my safety especially when I hear it's neighboring Santa Ana.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
It is a nice area. The problem is that the schools are decent, but not top notch. And most services are far. There is not a single park in the North Tustin area.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:38 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,627 times
I think if you stay in Orange you will be fine. I happen to love Old Towne Orange and would move there in a second! One of the towns in OC with some character.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 PM

241 posts, read 939,841 times
anything not in santa ana or most of is not too bad. Any place outside santa ana in oc is not unsafe and you should feel pretty good.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:39 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,298,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoot View Post
I'm thinking about moving there, but as a person used to living in Irvine, I'm concerned about my safety especially when I hear it's neighboring Santa Ana.

Thoughts?
Irvine also borders Santa Ana! Start on Main St from Main & Culver. Drive on Main st. It becomes Main St. in Santa Ana.

North Tustin is one of my favorite areas especially east of Newport Blvd.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,761,775 times
if its the 92705 zip, should be pretty good

Old 05-19-2009, 02:59 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Saying that all of Santa Ana is unsaqfe is silly or perhaps bigoted. There is no magic line on the road that bad guys will not cross. Bad guys tend to operate in crummy areas, that changed neighborhood to neighborhood regardless of city lines or zip codes. Smart bad guys live in crummy areas, but operate in nice areas. The shoot each other in their crummy home area but rob people in the nicer areas. Who wants to rob soemone with no moeny?

Many areas of Santa Ana are nice. Parts of the North Tustin Area are nice. It just depends on where you are.

Suggestion: Drive through theneighborhood you are considering. Look out the window. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, do nto buy a house there.

We actually slept over night on our car at the curb for several nights in the neighborhood that we were considering in Santa Ana. All we concluded was that there was nothing going on at night.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 AM

241 posts, read 939,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Many areas of Santa Ana are nice. Parts of the North Tustin Area are nice. It just depends on where you are.
We actually slept over night on our car at the curb for several nights in the neighborhood that we were considering in Santa Ana. All we concluded was that there was nothing going on at night.
guess you were in the few areas of santa ana that aint like most of santa ana.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:59 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Personally I don't know what all of you are talking about. I lived in all the cities in Orange County and they are gang ridden, run down and basically not safe. I am sure you could find something nice, maybe on a couple of blocks but then surrounding the two blocks of safety there would be the unsafe neighborhoods. I lived in Garden Grove, had a very nice apartment and had a gang drive by shooting a block down the street. My husband and I heard the shots from our balcony. We also managed an apartment complex in Tustin and there were gangs all around. Personally I would head for the hills, Anaheim Hills, Rancho Cucaamonga, Yorba Linda or get out of the state like I finally did when I had kids. It is so ridiculously expensive there you can't afford to by a shack unless you are rich.. It is certainly not for those of us who fall in the middle class range... unless you bought your house over 10-years ago!! Since I have moved from Orange County I have been much more happier. The only thing I miss is the weather and Disneyland!!!

Good luck and search well before you make your move. You are at the right place here. I wouldn't recommend Tustin unless it is absolutely necessary.. Trust me I have been there, done that and didn't like it...

Old 05-23-2009, 11:45 AM

342 posts, read 1,427,741 times
Raelyn 28 --- Where do you live now? I am curious because I loved growing up in Anaheim back when things were nice - I graduated in 1964 and left California to live in Minnesota with my new husband who was from Minnesota and didn't want to raise kids out there. He also had a family business to work when he got out of the Marines. I know that it has changed so much over the years and that I would not like to live there now, but I still miss the palm tree's, weather and beach. I have only one nephew who is still living there because he loves the weather. I could never afford to live there now - but even after being gone for 45 years, I love to see the photo's and scenery. And I still hate the snow in Minnesota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County