Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

not so its not crowded we just like to be together a lot.
not so we do not have crime here, just lots and lots of terrible misunderstandings.
yes true we have no winter here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
These are really GREAT posts and I am glad that I started the thread. Even though it has raised much controversy I think it has helped many people and that was my goal when I started it. Life isn't easy right at the current time (anywhere on this planet) for any of us and hopefully people will understand that no matter where they go times are tough. Right now we all need to choose wisely if being faced with a move. Thanks to all of you for sharing and hopefully I haven't made too many enemies on this thread. It wasn't my intention to do so.

No, thank you Raelyn! I have learned quite a bit from this thread and I'm always excited to read posts from people who lived in LA/OC long before I was even born.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:22 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
No, thank you Raelyn! I have learned quite a bit from this thread and I'm always excited to read posts from people who lived in LA/OC long before I was even born.
Peace and have a nice day!! Enjoy life

Old 06-22-2009, 06:22 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,664,218 times
Quote:
Yea, this is true, however I would submit that there was another peak in the mid 80's.

I lived in LA and attended those games. It was a highlight for me in my life. Now I live in N W WA and am working on how much $$ I can rent my house for as some of the venues are in my area. Isn't is wierd how times change.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I lived in LA and attended those games. It was a highlight for me in my life. Now I live in N W WA and am working on how much $$ I can rent my house for as some of the venues are in my area. Isn't is wierd how times change.

Yup, times do change. You know, there are still a few clues around the area to indicate that the games were once there. I was at a museum right off FIG street and the bench I sat on had the engraving of the Olympic rings on it; it was the original concrete bench.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
I would submit that there was another peak in the mid 80's.

I sense this myself. Can't put a finger on it but the LA teams were winning and LA was (one of) the the centers of punk and new wave.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,664,218 times
Quote:
Yup, times do change. You know, there are still a few clues around the area to indicate that the games were once there. I was at a museum right off FIG street and the bench I sat on had the engraving of the Olympic rings on it; it was the original concrete bench.
I moved from LA to Seattle in 1991, but I remember that during the Olympics, there were many paintings of athletes done on buildings that could be seen from the Hollywood FWY. Did they survive?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 AM

720 posts, read 995,065 times
Ha! Giant bathtub! Great analogy!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,320,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihynes View Post
The U.S. seems like a giant bathtub with waves of people sloshing from one side to the other, looking for some magic combo platter of living standards. California is definitely crowded. It's strange to drive over the desert and mountains there, where you hardly see anyone, and then you cross that last ridge and there's a massive traffic jam all up and down the coast. Now they've all discovered Arizona, Idaho and of course, Seattle, which I hear is getting just as crowded.
LOL - Seattle is a lousey place to live.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM

23 posts, read 61,721 times
There REALLY is good and bad about every place. I currently live in New Orleans and I am planning a move in August to the OC area. There is Nowhere better or more terrible than The Big Easy. Our murder rate is the highest in the U.S. Our schools are terrible!(I mean really terrible) and I found a relatively nice place to live. Traffic you say? We have traffic and know one uses a turn signal...EVER! I spend more than 55 mins in the morning driving less than 15 miles. There is really nothing for kids to do around here. Unless you like fishing,hunting,and drinking yourself into a coma this is not the place for you. Natural disasters you say? We are the capitol city of natural disasters!!

My point to all of this is there are BAD places everywhere even in good areas!! The OC is no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County