Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 02:02 PM

9 posts, read 27,791 times

Advertisements

The one thing I can say about the south racism vs what you guys are talking about Cali.. The racist people hate equally haha.. They don't single out any type of people.. If you black latin Jew and don't be indian or from the middle east those people in the south swear up and down that you here to destroy America and spread muslin faith hahaha.. If you are black you sell drugs and should be a slave and if you are Jew they still charging you with the murder of Jesus haha and if you latin they think you got here illegally and you are having too many kids and making America broke and they are trying to call immigration on you haha. God FORBID don't be white and GAY in those bible loving towns that is worse than being black in those towns.. They will kill you and say they did Gods work and honestly deep down believe that crap. To be fair that is mostly in those one gas station towns the bigger cities you might have 1% of the people that feel like that now of days Like Altanta GA Charlotte NC or some of the bigger places NC. Even Alabama is better..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 PM

21 posts, read 38,079 times
I've lived here 6 years and, having lived in LA, NY and Canada, I can answer with a resounding YES. People here are so culturally incompetent, they don't even know that what they are saying is racist.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,952,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM240 View Post
Wow well you guys are giving me a wealth of information.. I moved from the south to Seattle and I had hope that Cali cities would be like Seattle laid back highly educated people that are more into books than race.. A good amount of them are.. I'm thinking of giving San diego a shot. I was shocked coming from the deep south how so amazingly accepting people are in Seattle.. Seattle has to be the first city that I forgot what race I was because the south NC GA SC AL will remind you every day if you forget that you are not white. haha.. It's not black jokes but more of getting called BOY haha or your kind don't belong here. I mean its 100 times better there than it use to be but only in the major cities and the cities that are half black but the ones that are not they will remind you quick.. I have never lived in San diego but I vacation there a lot and never had a problem if anything people were helpful and some of the girls of a lot of different races seem to be very extremely friendly in SD haha.. Good Times!! I know sometimes living somewhere and vacations are different.. I just hope I'm not running back screaming to my book worm star bucks drinking poetry reading hard rock people in Seattle with people yelling white power running behind me after this move to SD haha.
well, compared to the rural south, SoCal racism is almost nonexistent. but generally speaking, culture-wise, we have a ways to go before being as open-minded as Seattle

Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,720 times
Everyone is racist. Everyone isn't racist.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:37 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,285,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich Man View Post
Since OC had a long history on having a KKK presence and that beach cities and most of western OC is highly conservative and racist, I believe so.

I saw on the papers about some skinheads harassing a woman because she has mixed kids. And Orange County is suppose to be the "safest and affluent" county in the state.

I know racism is everywhere, but does anyone else think OC is the most racist county in CA?
OC? No I don't think so. Maybe reverse racism. There are/were some pretty racist places in central and nor cal.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,413,089 times
Well no. The most racist counties in CA are Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,267 times
Okay, I have to speak my mind on this. I've been living in Rancho Cucamonga my entire life, and the city was always very small and rather safe, up until now, after RC began to expand and more and more shopping centers started popping up everywhere. Especially after the Victoria Gardens Mall and all these expensive town-homes, and such, came up. That was when OC residents began moving to Rancho, and that was when racism became eminently noticeable in the town. In my late teens I worked in a couple of the stores in the Victoria Gardens mall, and we even had particular nicknames for the OC-turned-Rancho residents that would come into the stores with attitudes and unnecessary senses of entitlement that would just baffle you. I mean, I remember once helping a black customer, in one of the stores that I worked. We were standing face to face, a few inches apart, while she asked me questions. Then, out of nowhere an orange-county bigot just rudely steps in, right between us, and demands that I help her instead of the black woman, whom I was helping first... I once worked at a Henry's farmers market, doing training at the store in Chino, then transferring to the store in Rancho. Damn, it was VERY different. The people in Chino were friendly, while the OC-turned-RC customers were rude, had this ghastly need to let you know that they were wealthy, and would blatantly let you know that if you were anything BUT white, that you were beneath them. Damn, they were also quick to shout out the fact that they were from Orange County, with haughty glints in their eyes. And my list goes on and one and on... I can name so many different experiences that I've had concerning the racism of orange county and its residents. The former OC residents are the ones who brought so much hatred and racism to Rancho, it's unbelievable. Rancho never used to be like that until they came with their high-horse, sense of entitlement, racist attitudes. How do I know that they're from the OC? Well, the bigots really LOVE letting you know that that's where they're from. As if claiming OC is a form of stating royal lineage, or something. And what I hate the most is when people just brush off racism thinking that since it's never happened to them, then racism must not exist. Now, I'm not saying that OC is the most racist county, but it IS right up there in the ranks, but thanks to the OC residents I suppose Cucamonga is in the ranks now, too, right?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:51 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,285,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couleuvre View Post
Okay, I have to speak my mind on this. I've been living in Rancho Cucamonga my entire life, and the city was always very small and rather safe, up until now, after RC began to expand and more and more shopping centers started popping up everywhere. Especially after the Victoria Gardens Mall and all these expensive town-homes, and such, came up. That was when OC residents began moving to Rancho, and that was when racism became eminently noticeable in the town. In my late teens I worked in a couple of the stores in the Victoria Gardens mall, and we even had particular nicknames for the OC-turned-Rancho residents that would come into the stores with attitudes and unnecessary senses of entitlement that would just baffle you. I mean, I remember once helping a black customer, in one of the stores that I worked. We were standing face to face, a few inches apart, while she asked me questions. Then, out of nowhere an orange-county bigot just rudely steps in, right between us, and demands that I help her instead of the black woman, whom I was helping first... I once worked at a Henry's farmers market, doing training at the store in Chino, then transferring to the store in Rancho. Damn, it was VERY different. The people in Chino were friendly, while the OC-turned-RC customers were rude, had this ghastly need to let you know that they were wealthy, and would blatantly let you know that if you were anything BUT white, that you were beneath them. Damn, they were also quick to shout out the fact that they were from Orange County, with haughty glints in their eyes. And my list goes on and one and on... I can name so many different experiences that I've had concerning the racism of orange county and its residents. The former OC residents are the ones who brought so much hatred and racism to Rancho, it's unbelievable. Rancho never used to be like that until they came with their high-horse, sense of entitlement, racist attitudes. How do I know that they're from the OC? Well, the bigots really LOVE letting you know that that's where they're from. As if claiming OC is a form of stating royal lineage, or something. And what I hate the most is when people just brush off racism thinking that since it's never happened to them, then racism must not exist. Now, I'm not saying that OC is the most racist county, but it IS right up there in the ranks, but thanks to the OC residents I suppose Cucamonga is in the ranks now, too, right?
They sound like skinheads. That's kind of what the gang members do here in LA. If they don't like something about you, whether it's your race, your shirt, your shoes, your hair, your look, they'll mess with ya. A couple of weeks ago, I was visiting somebody at USC General Hospital and experienced racism myself (I am white). As I check in and walk toward the seating area in the crowded room, I see a couple of empty seats in the back row but as luck would have it, I see three black folks (two males and one female), crowding the walkway to get to the seats. Me, I don't care; if I see an empty seat, I'm going to sit there, regardless of who's nearby. So as I am on my way to the entry way to the row, they begin the with their suspicious eyeballing, just waiting for something to happen. They don't say hi and don't move over so that I could walk by. They just give attitude. Anyway, I just kind of glanced and politely said "excuse me" then walked toward my seat. Apparently, that wasn't enough. One of the males that was standing, began making comments to the other 2 blacks about me being a prejudiced white man (I had never seen him before in my life) or something and that he was ready to "go off up on whitey up in here" or something. So I'm sitting there waiting for something to happen because he would have been in for the surprise of his life--trust me. But, I stayed calm and after a few minutes of his black supremacist tirade against the 3 or 4 white folk in the room, he left. Racism comes in all forms and happens everywhere. If a white man were to sound off on blacks like that in 2010, he'd be arrested and it would be front page news. Not to mention his career and life would probably be ruined.

Last edited by Jay100; 07-18-2010 at 04:12 AM..

Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,952,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couleuvre View Post
Not that I doubt what you've experienced, but someone moving from OC to Rancho Cucamonga probably isn't all that wealthy. And it's usually the ones that end up having to move out that have attitudes like that. I've seen quite a bit of racism here when I moved here from L.A. as a kid in the early 90's, but I've always noticed that the biggest offenders end up leaving, and I can only guess where they ended up.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 AM

19 posts, read 36,258 times
Orange County very déclassé.

Not exactly worldly and sophisticated. More like trailer park trash with high credit limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County