Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 PM

815 posts, read 2,702,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Are there data that support this?
Do any data indicate a higher percentage of hate crimes in a predominant nonwhite population?
Im sure if you google the topic you can probably find data supporting or refuting it. However, I think it's safe to say that you don't find a high degree of hate crimes against Whites in predominately Hispanic or Black neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,516,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Nope, you need to travel a bit. Up here in Tuolumne County, CA racism is alive and sickening.
For an educated place in California, OC is probably the most racist.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,640,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
For an educated place in California, OC is probably the most racist.
The OP asked "does anyone else think OC is the most racist county in CA?" not where anyone considered the most educated county.

Might shock many people but Tuolumne probably has a larger educated/non educated ratio than other counties. This is a mostly retirement county of about 8000 residents. We have a high celebrity retirement here as well as doctors, fire fighters and attorneys. I lived a few homes away from Slim Pickins 20 years ago before he passed. I did live in So CA for near 40 years.
Sadly even many of people who you would not expect racism let it show here.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,940 times
Default Why California is so racist?

As a White, green eyed European tourist I suffered racism while visiting Los Angeles. Unfortunately there is still lots of anti-White racism in America. When America will start treating All people as human beings?

Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,286,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaral View Post
As a White, green eyed European tourist I suffered racism while visiting Los Angeles. Unfortunately there is still lots of anti-White racism in America. When America will start treating All people as human beings?
When right wing trolls stop posing as foreign tourists?

Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 PM

463 posts, read 1,293,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich Man View Post
Since OC had a long history on having a KKK presence and that beach cities and most of western OC is highly conservative and racist, I believe so.

I saw on the papers about some skinheads harassing a woman because she has mixed kids. And Orange County is suppose to be the "safest and affluent" county in the state.

I know racism is everywhere, but does anyone else think OC is the most racist county in CA?
The short answer is NO!

I have lived in OC almost all of my life. There are probably very small groups of these racist people. At least that's what I saw growing up. I ran into these idiot skin heads and there really aren't that many if you compare it to how many people live in OC. I also don't really feel like most of OC is conservative. I'm not nor are most of the people I know. Although I'm sure there are a lot of conservatives.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM

3,293 posts, read 3,951,257 times
Listen, I know "those people" are guilty of something ....

See how stupid that sounds ?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,378,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
OC's culture of political conservatism also has not changed, contrary to some media reports. OC's recent immigrant populations, largely Asian and Hispanic, have tended to follow the political alignment that has been present in the area for generations. OC Hispanics and Asians are among the most politically conservative in the United States.
While OC still tends to be fairly politically conservative, compared with the rest of the state, it isn't monolithically conservative, and demographic trends suggest that it will not be as right-leaning in the future.

The Latino voters here, they probably used to be more conservative in the past - they used to give past congressman Bob Dornan a lot of votes, but they aren't so much anymore...certainly not since Pete Wilson demagogued his way to win reelection back in 1994. Rep. Loretta Sanchez, a Democrat who actually used to be a registered Republican, represents a district that includes Santa Ana (majority Latino), who beat Dornan twice.

A large portion of the OC Asian population are Vietnamese, which are probably the most Republican-leaning Asian voting group, because of anti-communist sentiment (similar to Cuban-Americans), which sometimes gets played out in petty intra-community spats. However, like Cubans in Florida, this knee-jerk anti-communism and Republican-leaning sentiment becomes less of a factor among younger Vietnamese, who aren't as motivated by emigre politics.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:52 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,861,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyrivers View Post
While it is true that back in the 1920's, the KKK controlled Anaheim..
yes until the government and washington politicians sent out west th FBI and the CIA and the ATF and the LSD and the Charile Manson and who knows who else out here into our county making it the number ONE city in the world for people to hate on...and they came out here in droves, the gays the bangers the slaves the negros the mexicans and everyne who thought to get in on the act of dstroying a culture that was over 200 years old. KKK my ass. what a bunch of horse **** cow manure crapole that they put this in the press to use them as flunkies to change the south of california into a immigrant playground for anyone who wanted to come over just came over. and now your bitching all about how the illegal immigrants are taking over the land by illegally coming in across our borders. Tank your politicians and the democrats for that screwed up ****
Well now! Glad to see things have changed!

Er...maybe not.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,164,225 times
***yawn***
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County