Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:20 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
I think the OP is asking a baited question. Trolling? I don't know, but it's an absurd question. I've spent lots of time in Orange County and only Jessie Jackson or Al Sharptoon could possibly pretend to find anything racist about it.
I agree; I think this is just another race-baiting thread on City-Data...typical. I also don't know why the original poster seemed to think that conservative and racist were synonyms.

In addition, why do people even need to post race-baiting threads like this anyway? Racism can be encountered virtually everywhere. People need to realize this. Also, it's not just whites that can be racist; anyone of any race can be racist.

$0.02

City Data Guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 01:29 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,896 times
Lock this thread. Total troll thread.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Lock this thread. Total troll thread.
Who are you directly referring to as a troll?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 AM

4 posts, read 13,047 times
People self segregate on their own nowadays by all races. There is much more reverse discrimination going on in the workplace due to fear of complaints and lawsuits.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:49 AM

8 posts, read 32,540 times
City guy, conservatives generally wish to maintain the status quo or return to something in the past. We live in a global system of white supremacy. Thus some people see conservatives as wishing to maintain white supremacy. I do not know if that is or is not fair. But that is why some people see conservatism as racism.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpeaceandlove View Post
We live in a global system of white supremacy.

I do not know if that is or is not fair.
Before we decide if it is fair, we have to first agree if it is true.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 PM

64 posts, read 105,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
I agree; I think this is just another race-baiting thread on City-Data...typical. I also don't know why the original poster seemed to think that conservative and racist were synonyms.

In addition, why do people even need to post race-baiting threads like this anyway? Racism can be encountered virtually everywhere. People need to realize this. Also, it's not just whites that can be racist; anyone of any race can be racist.

$0.02

City Data Guy
Maybe but it could be useful information for anyone looking to move to the area who is from a non-white background. OC looks like a very nice place but would it be a friendly place for a middle eastern or Asian family to move to?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
I'm not the typical white but I have to put white when I fill out a job application. I go to OC all the time, I have NEVER had any issues with anyone because of the way I look. I go surfing, I don't get crap. However, I don't dress differently so I if I did...maybe I would get crap. Anaheim has a massive Middle Eastern community. Garden Grove and Westminister is full of Asians.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,069,331 times
But the other question to ask is, how many per capita?

Los Angeles County is larger than Orange County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
What a bunch of bullsh*t.

2007 state crime data(latest published) shows Los Angeles county with the most hate crimes in the state by a margin over 400. San Diego, San Francisco, and Riverside Counties all have more hate crimes in 07 than Orange County as well.

If you want to make a bold, offensive claim, at least have data to back your claim up.

Source: http://www.ag.ca.gov/cjsc/publicatio.../preface07.pdf

Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,252,286 times
Everyone is racist. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County