Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 PM

989 posts, read 5,928,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountystooge View Post
<<Because of Santa Ana's Location,that city has Enormous Potential and could be transformed into another Irvine.>>

OK, Santa Ana def. has issues but why would you want another Irvine?

Irvine ranks top in America in income, safety, and stress-free living in numerous respectable studies. That's quite a feat considering a city of almost 200,000 residents. Try doing that in Rhose Island, or rich Massachusetts. Yeah right! This city is a jewel in the rough, vandalized, gangland otherwise known as, Southern California.

How did you develop a hate for Irvine? I doubt you ever lived there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 03:34 PM

395 posts, read 1,718,731 times
Shame on you people in badmouthing S.A. Like most older cities, Santa Ana have good areas and bad areas. Yes, the inner city is bad in most respects. But the some outlying areas like the hills are in the S.A. Some of the south areas are still good. It is true some the schools are not the best but still competitive in the better areas. U just have to be selective. Look at Anaheim. Some of newer outer areas can be compared to Irvine in many respects.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:41 PM

989 posts, read 5,928,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMFEB31 View Post
Shame on you people in badmouthing S.A. Like most older cities, Santa Ana have good areas and bad areas. Yes, the inner city is bad in most respects. But the some outlying areas like the hills are in the S.A. Some of the south areas are still good. It is true some the schools are not the best but still competitive in the better areas. U just have to be selective. Look at Anaheim. Some of newer outer areas can be compared to Irvine in many respects.
Do you think I've never been to the city? Santa Ana has some great neighborhoods. However, just because it has a few good areas that does NOT make it a good city. A good city is based on numerous factors including how it compares to cities nearby. The government is rotten, mislead, and currupt.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,481,945 times
LOL at comparing any part of Santa Ana to Irvine. The hills you refer to are unincorporated Orange County and have nothing in common with Santa Ana except for having a Santa Ana mailing address. The only part of SA that's even passable are those old houses hidden off of Memory Lane but the kiss of death there is that anyone buying there would have to send their kids to SA schools where nobody speaks English.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,881,765 times
You gotta be kidding if you think i'm gonna say something positive about a city that has High Crime,Gangs and Graffitti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMFEB31 View Post

Old 05-06-2007, 11:39 AM

395 posts, read 1,718,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
You gotta be kidding if you think i'm gonna say something positive about a city that has High Crime,Gangs and Graffitti.
If I was a new O.C. person reading about that former Laker creating a stink in that nice expensive little town, taken in isolation, I may think twice before moving into that town. Again, condemming an entire town in general is, in my humble opinion, is not the best statement. Yes, many of us are all wise O.C. ian who have live here for many years, some of us over 1/2 a century. Most of us been thru all the cities including S.A. U are right, Even if I was a Hispanic I would think twice before living in the core of S.A. or in the core of Anaheim or the core of Orange or of many highly rated cities. But, again, there are something good about any city. However, I am leaving all your "fine" O.C. cities. U may have noted, in some of my threads, I am moving to Alaska. Leaving behind, your great weather, your great expensive homes, your great music center. I sure will miss the great overflowing freeway system w/all the cars.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:41 PM

59 posts, read 428,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Irvine ranks top in America in income, safety, and stress-free living in numerous respectable studies. That's quite a feat considering a city of almost 200,000 residents. Try doing that in Rhose Island, or rich Massachusetts. Yeah right! This city is a jewel in the rough, vandalized, gangland otherwise known as, Southern California.

How did you develop a hate for Irvine? I doubt you ever lived there.
You said hate, not me.

Why would I want to live in master-planned bland? I interned and strung for the OC Weekly. I'm not allowed to like that place. Growing up, Irvine and "cool" never were a match. I like real cities, ones with downtowns. Remind me where Irvine's Main Street is?

And what is so automatically admirable about being tops in income? And if I may generalize - because I am not familiar with such numerous studies - what is so stress-free about making all that dough, working long hours to outdo your neighbor's purchase of a BMW 3-class? Luckily, if you plan your town just so, all those lower-class twits that you need for your capitalism to sufficiently enrich you get to live in places such as Santa Ana, Garbage Grove and Westminster. (Or South America and China.)

Old 05-09-2007, 12:49 AM

662 posts, read 1,283,684 times
These comments about Santa Ana is a huge exaggeration. It's still Orange County for freak's sake, which is generally pretty safe. You ever hear about drive-by gang shootings in Santa Ana? No. The murder rate in SA is 1/2 the national average. It may be a little run-down, but the most "dangerous" city in Orange County would be considered a typical "safe" city in Los Angeles.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,481,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran103 View Post
but the most "dangerous" city in Orange County would be considered a typical "safe" city in Los Angeles.
You're probably right about that but its only because most of LA is such crap that SA looks ok in comparison. You can have your illegal alien heaven that doesn't enforce occupancy limits or littering laws. I'll live elsewhere.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,307 times
Default reply to negative comments re: City of Santa Ana

Santa Ana is a city that's come a long way in a short tiime. I feel sad that people feel unsafe driving or considering living here. Yeah apparently there are 75% hispanics living here, but we have a good "spread" also of African -Americans and Asian Americans, and Caucasians. I've lived here 40 years and very seldom see "cholos" anymore, and the ones I do see, seem to mind their own business. I do see alot of skaters, and we've got one of the largest skate parts in O.C. There are so many misconceptions of Sant Ana. I had the opportunity to work as a visiting nurse for 5 years. I'lll tell you Orange has really "ghetto" areas, such as Garden Grove, Anaheim (right by Disneyland, it's like L.A)-San Clemente, Buena Park, Irvine has some "crappy housing" Mission Viejo and Lake Forest have some crummy areas going on, and so does Westminster. I had the opportunity to feel unsafe in alot of the areas above, and not just Santa Ana. I think that some comments of the city that are made by people are "passe" As John Stossell would say "give me a break".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County