Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 10,543 times

Advertisements

Well don't move to Huntington Beach either if your looking for tolerance....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,516,904 times
Santa Ana is not as bad as everyone makes out to be.

I honestly like old town OC more than the new, plain and boring drones of Irvine any day.

My 82 year old grandmother thinks Irvine is boring.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:35 PM

376 posts, read 1,063,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Santa Ana is not as bad as everyone makes out to be.

I honestly like old town OC more than the new, plain and boring drones of Irvine any day.

My 82 year old grandmother thinks Irvine is boring.
While Irvine is not one of the more exciting cities by any stretch of imagination, I would hardly say that we're drones either. Hey, I live here! And I'm no drone! It's a tradeoff: Cookie cutter homes, excellent neighborhood schools (your kids can actually walk to school) and low crime. That's what you get here. If you have a family, Irvine is the place. This is the reason that the prices stay so high here for real estate and renting. FYI - Santa Ana is a dump.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:32 PM

264 posts, read 399,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
While Irvine is not one of the more exciting cities by any stretch of imagination, I would hardly say that we're drones either. Hey, I live here! And I'm no drone! It's a tradeoff: Cookie cutter homes, excellent neighborhood schools (your kids can actually walk to school) and low crime. That's what you get here. If you have a family, Irvine is the place. This is the reason that the prices stay so high here for real estate and renting. FYI - Santa Ana is a dump.
I sub teach in the Irvine system...what schools have kids walking to them? Not the high schools...at least not Uni or Northwood. All those kids either have their own cars or get parental delivery.

That said...Irvine is a great place to raise kids and enjoy a lovely family life...wait until the Great Park comes to life.

Santa Ana is for illegals.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM

55 posts, read 194,833 times
Quote:
Santa Ana is for illegals.
whoa! I better check my papers! Having lived legally in Santa Ana from birth (I'm so white I glow in the dark!) it makes me laugh to hear about how bad Santa Ana supposedly is. News flash- every city has a not great area. Lovely Orange has the area around Katella, Tustin has Newport and Mcfadden, Garden Grove has.... well most of Garden Grove, Anaheim has cleaned up its act a little but there is still a huge crime problem. Lots of drug activity and motel dwellers. Newport Beach has some skanky parts too and let's not forget the Westminster area with it's own Asian gang problem.
For several years, we've watched the Santa Ana area improve, it's not done but I think it is headed in a better direction. Maybe if Irvine would allow it's share of low income housing we wouldn't have to bear the entire load.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:02 PM

57 posts, read 197,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessings11 View Post
Maybe if Irvine would allow it's share of low income housing we wouldn't have to bear the entire load.
Irvine's "share" of low income housing is exactly 0%.

Why would anybody want to invite YOUR criminal underclass into their community?

Are you some sort of liberal, who won't rest until everybody is equally miserable?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:46 AM

55 posts, read 194,833 times
Quote:
Are you some sort of liberal, who won't rest until everybody is equally miserable?
I've been described a lot of ways, but never as a liberal LOL! It's not my "criminal underclass" Sorry to have to inform you but there are many law abiding tax paying legal citizens here in Santa Ana. We want something done about the illegals too. We want code enforcement and we want to enjoy our city just as much as the master-bland communities do.

NIMBY syndrome being what it is shuffles the "underclass" off to our city and then puts our city down at every turn. Why is the "underclass" here? Because it is the county seat. Most of the services provided in Orange County will be found here. Low cost housing has to be somewhere, your maid and your gardener have to have a place to live. Shouldn't it be closer to your house?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:59 AM

188 posts, read 989,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Proud American View Post

Why would anybody want to invite YOUR criminal underclass into their community?

That's is soooooooo funny! haha .

Old 10-27-2007, 12:26 PM

57 posts, read 197,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessings11 View Post
NIMBY syndrome being what it is shuffles the "underclass" off to our city and then puts our city down at every turn.
Nothing's keeping you folks from redeveloping the community and pricing out the scum. But you haven't, and SA remains a dump.

Quote:
Low cost housing has to be somewhere, your maid and your gardener have to have a place to live. Shouldn't it be closer to your house?
Why should I pay the government to move undeserving criminal dirtbags into my city, lowering my property values, personal safety, and quality of life?

It's perfectly feasible to bus landscaping crews in from East LA, Riverside County, or even the OC Jail. There is no reason why they need to live anywhere near me. That is why God invented the "freeway."

Old 01-05-2008, 01:27 AM

3 posts, read 16,852 times
I was born and raised in Santa Ana, i seen it fall.. and fall... and still falling.
I grew up in apartment called "Townsend" and i must tell you, this city is nothing but illegal criminals. I went to Valley High School, which i have to admit has a bad reputation, and that reputation does not lie. Kids being young as 13 are joining gangs. Also teen pregnancy is unbelievable or maybe the illegal immigrants are just fat. If you're looking for a nice and safe home, Santa Ana isn't the place. I mean, at night i couldn't even sleep, all these people would race, with their loud engines, and they would always bump loud music all through the night. And the gangs are easily spotted throughout Santa Ana, and the graffiti is just horrible. I don't even think the city cares enough to clean up the graffiti, or maybe they just do new graffiti everyday. I myself has witnessed shooting, drug dealing and others. Don't let the City Crime Ratings online fool you, It shows less crime rates then what it should be, maybe the criminals just don't caught for it to be recorded. I hope you don't go through the hell-hole called Santa Ana or "Little Mexico"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County