Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecosbill View Post
Thanks all for your feedback.
As far as noise level, air plane landing way, is their any area to avoid ?
Last do you of any Solar panel house community ?

Thanks
Pecosbill
There are no neighborhoods in Irvine east of Jamboree that has any noise impact from JWA.

The bigger noise issue is around the freeways. Basically anywhere w/in 800 yards of the 405 and 5 on either side and 400 yards of the 261 has signicant noise issues. Particulary aggregious is the north (inland) side of the 405 going through Westpark, Woodbridge and Oak Creek. Most places between Alton Parkway and the 405 (which alton basically parallels) has some noise impact from the 405.

I don't know of any dedicated solar house developments, but my understanding is there is a CA state law that frees homeowners from HOA restrictions that would impede you from converting an existing home to solar power. So you could buy a place in Irvine and do the conversion work on it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slang75 View Post
Yes. I forgot about the might HOAs. Some communities have 2 HOAs if you own a town home. From what I found, types of detached home are even considered town homes in some communities. The parts of Northwood we looked at did have HOAs. They were not as much as Woodbridge, though. The communities we saw with no HOAs were in the El Camino Real area....and it shows. Redfin listings will often contain the HOA details.
I have a friend in Northwood, just north of Bryan and east of Yale. There's no HOA and the area is fine.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I have a friend in Northwood, just north of Bryan and east of Yale. There's no HOA and the area is fine.
I don't know about your frineds immediate circumstances, but there are some HOA's in Northwood. Areas in Irvine can have both village and/or development HOA's for an immediate tract. I know some of the developments in Northwood have them.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,928,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slang75 View Post
From what I found, types of detached home are even considered town homes in some communities.
Just wanted to chime in.. I live in San Diego but the detached home we're renting is considered a town home. I *think* it has something to do with the house size vs. lot size, and the fact that our home is somewhat narrow but 3 1/2 stories tall.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:55 PM

81 posts, read 331,927 times
hi pecosbill,
I read your post and related to it so much!!! We are relocating with two kids from MA. I was going through this exact process for months, spending hours checking all school demographics one by one on greatschools.net., on zillow.com (great source!), and have come to a conclusion that Woodbridge is our best bet. The high school there is ranked 9 and not 10 like University High and Noorthwood, but mostly due to the lesser asian population.
My ONLY concern with woodbridge now is that it is one of the more mature neighborhoods with less young families. But if more people like you and me move there, it will change! Forgot to mention, that it's one of the priciest areas, but you get privileges of the lakes!
Good luck

Old 06-23-2009, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,965 times
As a resident of Woodbridge, just thought I'd mention that my current association dues are $78/month for a single-family home. I'm not familiar with the dues for condos. The community has 15 parks, 22 pools, a community center and 2 lakes, each with a beach club. If anyone would like more info you can send me a message and I'd be glad to offer more information.

Claireanne

Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 AM

23 posts, read 61,732 times
Default solar panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecosbill View Post
Thanks all for your feedback.
As far as noise level, air plane landing way, is their any area to avoid ?
Last do you of any Solar panel house community ?

Thanks
Pecosbill

I'd be interested in a solar panel community as well. Does this really exist? WOW.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,223 times
I used to live in Turtle Ridge in Irvine- next to Newport Coast. It is a great community. A little too expensive though.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,578 times
Doesn't anyone know about the contamination in Irvine??? We were going to move here and raise our family (frankly, i was extremely excited) but now i won't go near the place! Read this: ElToroNow.com Home Page

Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,578 times
you better check this out before buying in Irvine: ElToroNow.com Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County