Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:35 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times

Advertisements

It's like Eric Cartman said..."California...nice to homeless people!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 01:39 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,913,263 times
Not all homeless people are bums.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:29 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
Not all homeless people are bums.
Then let's weed out the "bums" and make room for the "temporarily homeless". If it's not temporary then it's a lifestyle I don't want to support by any means.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
The city finally built the big permanent shelter on Laguna canyon road. Free busses leave from the downtown bus depot on broadway at 6 pm to the shelter. A man i met who lost his home to forclosure in San Bernadino has been staying there. He said it is pretty comfortable.
That is so awesome. Im sick and tired of hearing about me me me these days and it's a tear jerker to see something like this. Some are lost, some are drug users, some just want to be homeless. When I was 19 I was going hungry and headed for homelessness is why im happy to see this. Lots of people don't have support.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:42 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I can't afford to live in Laguna Beach and I work. Why should they get to live there on the taxpayer? Should we buy them luxury cars too?
That's not even comparable. Basic living necessity vs living is completely different.

Let them sleep on the beach or put them in a building that will end up costing more in the end.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:10 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,913,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Then let's weed out the "bums" and make room for the "temporarily homeless". If it's not temporary then it's a lifestyle I don't want to support by any means.
Sounds reasonable. Help those who want to improve their lives, not those who just want a free ride.

Where do we start?

Old 07-04-2010, 06:50 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Let them sleep on the beach or put them in a building that will end up costing more in the end.
Yeah, because that is not a threat to public safety or anything.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I can't afford to live in Laguna Beach and I work. Why should they get to live there on the taxpayer? Should we buy them luxury cars too?
Yeah, let's convert Corona Del Mar to "extreme extreme extreme low income housing", and let anyone sleep on the beach, street, parking lots, and even in the stores!

The first 5,000 homeless people get a free Bugatti Veyron!

Old 07-05-2010, 01:57 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
I agree with all those who suggested some sort of a non-profit organization trying to help the homeless, help them clean up their act and get back on their own two feet. This is definitely the right step toward the homeless problem but I also know that there are those who do not want help nor would have taken advantage of any opportunities to get out from their current situation...for that reason my evil, twisted side of my brain tells me:

If people that come in to this country without papers and a word of English can make a living for themselves -generally- without anyone's help, raise children and even buy a house, I have very little sympathy toward those who are born and raised in this country, take things for granted and give up on a relatively normal life and decide to live on the streets. How long should the people contributing to the society allow these bottomfeeders who are doing absolutely nothing for their environment but instead being lazy, feeding off of others, get high/drunk and sleep in their own ****?

Yes, let's take them to the beach and put them to sleep...when this seemingly horrific action becomes a legal routine then wait and see how many homeless people are left on the streets!

OK, time for my medication.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:03 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,304,686 times
Quote:
That is so awesome. Im sick and tired of hearing about me me me these days and it's a tear jerker to see something like this. Some are lost, some are drug users, some just want to be homeless. When I was 19 I was going hungry and headed for homelessness is why im happy to see this. Lots of people don't have support.
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County