Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 08:47 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times

Advertisements

Too funny, Garden Grove police arrest un-licensed drivers leaving court as they drive out of the parking lot. Impound cars as well.

Undercover operation nets seven unlicensed drivers leaving court | drivers, suspended, seven, operation - News - OCRegister.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
Wow, not too smart are they

Old 07-07-2009, 05:27 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Thats the thing with criminal mentality. They get away with it a couple times so they think they can just keep repeating it. Then one day their luck isn't so great.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
I think it happened in Texas, I read about it in a magazine.
On a interview for a sheriff station clerk a woman was asked if she had ever done anything illegal. She answered that she and the boyfriend had once stole a car. Sheriffs waited and watched, the boyfriend picked her up in the parking lot. Yup, stolen car.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Too funny, Garden Grove police arrest un-licensed drivers leaving court as they drive out of the parking lot. Impound cars as well.

Sff, undercover officers are wasting time in parking lots to nab a few unlicensed drivers? Maybe that's why the state is broke!

For the most part, your license can be suspended for many reasons; such as, failure to pay a non-moving violation ticket, and with people loosing there jobs, not everybody can pay a ticket that can escalate to 400-800 bucks after they add "civil assessment fees" so not all of these people are "criminals" many just can't pay.

And no, it's not funny, as many of these people have family's, or if they have a job, need to get to work; not to say they are completely Scott free but LAPD is overly aggressive with California vehicle codes and there fines are too expensive and they have no heart because they have a vested interest in issuing tickets and impounding cars as I will explain.

You know, the whole DMV/California Court houses is one HUGE cash cow! You people have no idea how much the individual judges all the way to the State of California make off the California Vehicle Codes. Go pick up a free CVC book and see how many codes you can be sited and fined for! It's a financial revenue system created out of greed and they designed the system to where it's VERY difficult to get out as they can impound your car that racks up fees so high people just leave them in as the money to get the car out exceeds the value of the car then they forward your case to GC services which is a collection agency (one of the worse agency's in the US) where you haft to deal with sharks who have NO pity for your situation and do NOTHING but demand the 800-1500 payment for a ticket that was originally handled by the court that was too expensive in the first place! It's all on the internet and among people living in Cali who had to deal with the "system."

BTW, they DON'T want you to get your car out because that have created a business out of impounding cars/bikes/trucks. There are tow yards that are contracted through the State of California and all they do is pick up cars for the police and have huge Auto Auctions every week in different tow yards. There are so many cars people make a living out of buying cars at the impound and selling them on the streets. If you see a car on the street with a big 950$ on the window its a good chance it was purchased from the police impound and it runs fine because it was taken by the police from somebody else 4 months ago.

I have been to every OPG (Official Police Garage) and I have seen cars/trucks sell from 100 bucks all the way to a few thousand say for a 1999 clean Dodge Durango/04 R1 sport bike (blue/wht). The nicer cars (2004-09)( rare/clean classic cars); well they go to higher end Auction houses (dealer Auctions) but I'm sure some end up in a officers home garage or something of that nature.

http://www.opgla.com/pages/auctions.html

http://www.sfgov.org/site/courts_page.asp?id=3786 (broken link)

Last edited by Morphous01; 07-07-2009 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-08-2009, 01:38 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,822 times
Well, if I was driving without a license, I wouldn't park in the courthouse parking lot. I would at least have the sense to make it look like I walked there, by parking a few blocks away, maybe down the street and around a few corners.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post

Undercover operation nets seven unlicensed drivers leaving court | drivers, suspended, seven, operation - News - OCRegister.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County